• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I like E3 as much as the next guy, but the idea of the big publishers just randomly announcing a direct at anytime throughout the year the way Nintendo does is also really exciting to think about.

Rather than 12 months worth of news being announced in a single weekend, we have the entire year to look forward to because an event could spring up at any time.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
So EA is not having a press conference anymore.

I know I know. They were usually one of the worst ones. But still, feels like "E3 time" is shrinking and shrinking. Sony bouncing was a massive blow, EA now bouncing kinda sucks too because E3 is always the best time for EZA. I just love the week long coverage. And watching the garbo EA conference with the allies was always fun.

Like I said in another thread, I think Sony leaving was the start of a domino effect.

I can 100% see Bethesda not doing one either. That honestly would not surprise me in the slightest.

All the more time to properly cover the PC gaming show.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Depends on how much they show at Star Wars Celebration.
It'd be great if they do a huge blowout at Star Wars Celebration, but Star Wars Celebration is going to have a lot of things, from Episode IX to Clone Wars season 6, maybe Disney+ stuff and other projects, so all I'm expecting from Jedi Fallen Order is a CG reveal trailer, hopefully with snippets of gameplay.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
For EA's conference they should just stream them watching a blank screen, since it would compare favourably to many of EA's previous press conferences.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
it's only for a year. Pretty confident Sony will be back next year.
If E3 survives this. It's probably going to be ok, but it's not like E3 was doing super well the last couple of years. E3 was very close to death not too long ago.
I do believe Sony will be back next year, but I am not as confident in that as I was when it was just announced that Sony would skip E3.

I do think E3 is really screwed if Microsoft does decide (for some reason) to not do a pressconference at E3 any more. It seemed to me like they bigger companies were doing things just outside of E3 for a couple of years now. I am not convinced E3 will be around in 5 years time to be honest.

I don't think it will be dead next year, but I am not sure how sustainable that show is if more companies decide it's not worth their time and money to put a booth at E3. There are game announcements all year around. I love E3 and all the coverage it gets and I hope I am wrong, but I am not convinced a show like that hasn't been surpassed by the internet in a lot of ways.

It's certainly not good for the show if there are only 1 or 2 big press conferences any more, but I guess it can be ok if most companies keep putting up their games on the showfloor. I do think there is a good chance that E3 will be dead if most big companies (especially the console manufacturers) stop having booths at the showfloor. Let's hope it won't come to that.

Btw, I know this is probably way too negative, but it really looks bad to me for some reason.

Last edited:

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Would love for "Just Ask the Comments" to be a more frequent part of the podcast, those answers were fascinating

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is their podcast room cold or something? I am watching the Sekiro talk and they are almost all wearing jackets.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like an actual conference at e3?

I'll take that. Avatar bet for a month?

They won't have a conf at e3 2020.

Sure! I'll also take a stage show during E3 time not branded as E3 (ala EA) to count, as I'm not sure which one they'll do.

Avatar to be Sony related, but yup! See you next year!

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If E3 survives this. It's probably going to be ok, but it's not like E3 was doing super well the last couple of years. E3 was very close to death not too long ago.
I do believe Sony will be back next year, but I am not as confident in that as I was when it was just announced that Sony would skip E3.

I do think E3 is really screwed if Microsoft does decide (for some reason) to not do a pressconference at E3 any more. It seemed to me like they bigger companies were doing things just outside of E3 for a couple of years now. I am not convinced E3 will be around in 5 years time to be honest.

I don't think it will be dead next year, but I am not sure how sustainable that show is if more companies decide it's not worth their time and money to put a booth at E3. There are game announcements all year around. I love E3 and all the coverage it gets and I hope I am wrong, but I am not convinced a show like that hasn't been surpassed by the internet in a lot of ways.

It's certainly not good for the show if there are only 1 or 2 big press conferences any more, but I guess it can be ok if most companies keep putting up their games on the showfloor. I do think there is a good chance that E3 will be dead if most big companies (especially the console manufacturers) stop having booths at the showfloor. Let's hope it won't come to that.

Btw, I know this is probably way too negative, but it really looks bad to me for some reason.
Going is one thing, feeling so sparce despite taking up so much room is another. Like, Spider-Man was really the only exclusive thing I recall there that had it's own large space, everything else was a long row of PSVR games, pillars, and some huge stage that, when I finally went to it, was empty. Like, I just feel like why even go if you have so little to offer. It just seems like Sony just didn't have a lot going for last year at E3 which is probably a issue bigger than E3 itself. I really hope everyone else can just fill all that space up to the max because it just felt like Sony was hogging real estate.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an archive of the final episodes of damiani's playthrough of persona 5 ? I know he posted them on another channel and later deleted them but wondered if someone saved them anywhere ?

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When I think about E3 dying I'm actually not that worried about not watching those boring press conferences, but I did think about the Allies and how E3 time is always such a boost to their patreon and the amount of views they get.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Reaction shots was a really fun listen. I'll never tire talking/listening about Batman. Especially from Jones and Huber.

Nov 5, 2017
When I think about E3 dying I'm actually not that worried about not watching those boring press conferences, but I did think about the Allies and how E3 time is always such a boost to their patreon and the amount of views they get.

It sucks that EZA was founded during the declining years of E3. If EZA was founded in the early 00s, when E3 was at its prime, no doubt EZA would be flying high. Actually, E3 was the main reason why GT became so big and so popular.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Reaction shots was a really fun listen. I'll never tire talking/listening about Batman. Especially from Jones and Huber.

3918.jpg

I had to.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are actually worried about E3? Wow.

Sony skipping is due to monetary reasons and nothing new to show. I'm fully expecting them at E3 2020 so until the opposite happens, no one should be concerned. As for EA, let's be honest, their conferences are usually mediocre and that's being generous.

We still have Microsoft, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Devolver Digital which is always worth watching, Nintendo Direct and Square Enix will probably have another Direct type video.

People are worrying for nothing. Two years in a row, then you can be concerned.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft, Ubi, and Sony were the only ones that ever held my interest. Used to watch every conference by itself first and then reactions to them all, but I started going for reactions only for all the others.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I've laughed about a thousand times listening to the EZA podcast throughout the years, but the "laying pipe" part and Jones' reaction might be near the top.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
People are actually worried about E3? Wow.

Sony skipping is due to monetary reasons and nothing new to show. I'm fully expecting them at E3 2020 so until the opposite happens, no one should be concerned. As for EA, let's be honest, their conferences are usually mediocre and that's being generous.

We still have Microsoft, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Devolver Digital which is always worth watching, Nintendo Direct and Square Enix will probably have another Direct type video.

People are worrying for nothing. Two years in a row, then you can be concerned.

The writing has been on the walls for years now. EA isnt on site and the wrap there thing up just as E3 is getting started. Now they are not even bothering with a press conference. Xbox isnt on site either and instead Microsoft has the mixer booth. Sony isnt showing up at all which is crazy when you think about how little Nintendo and Microsoft have had some years but they still pulled something together.

I'm not saying E3 is going to be dead next year or even the year after that but it's clear that things are rapidly changing.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The writing has been on the walls for years now. EA isnt on site and the wrap there thing up just as E3 is getting started. Now they are not even bothering with a press conference. Xbox isnt on site either and instead Microsoft has the mixer booth. Sony isnt showing up at all which is crazy when you think about how little Nintendo and Microsoft have had some years but they still pulled something together.

I'm not saying E3 is going to be dead next year or even the year after that but it's clear that things are rapidly changing.

Microsoft is at their owned theater which makes sense from a monetary standpoint and also, they're having a conference because of E3. If it wasn't for E3, they wouldn't be having a conference. Sony not being there is a smart move though. While I preferred Sony's E3 2018 the most, majority didn't plus they held what was basically a Q&A at PSX 2017 and they didn't have PSX this past December and if they were to be at E3 2019 with nothing, that would basically be four shows in a row that either was underwhelming, not what the majority wanted or non-existent so it makes sense.

I also believe that 2020 will be where Sony blows everything out for PlayStation 5. No reason for them to do it now.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If it means that the comments aren't going to delete themselves any more then it's fine with me. It was previously unfit for purpose.

Also, public podcast is late, which makes me sad.
Jones said on Wednesday he was going to get a "clean" version up ASAP on Wednesday, but hasn't yet. Current version has a flash of black frame every minute or so.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So an authoritarian regime like China passes laws to prevent criticism of their government, and Easy Allies' position is "can't feel bad for the people trying to criticise them and getting a backlash because that's the law over there." I kept thinking, "they are supporting an oppressive regime trying to silence dissent. This has to be a bit or a joke, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.