• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
What, what's wrong with Ian?
Nothing specific to Ian, I just prefer the podcast to remain focused on the panel for that week and their thoughts. I like the rotating 2 (occassionally 3) seats and the different panel dynamics that creates, but with Ian increasingly contributing it starts to make it feel more like a 5 man podcast with 3 regulars. Whenever it cuts to his camera or I hear him cutting in from off-screen it interrupts the flow of the podcast for me. Really boils down to personal preference on structure (shrug)
I thought the opposite. The one are where things dragged in an otherwise great ep was having Damiani look up his own prove it ticket challenge instead of having Ian handing it all and keeping things moving smoother.
Oh, I am very pleased with the way Ian streamlines processes like this. It's the interruptions of group discussion I don't like. I'd like to hear his thoughts on things, but as a member of the panel rather than the camera operator who occasionally interjects.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nothing specific to Ian, I just prefer the podcast to remain focused on the panel for that week and their thoughts. I like the rotating 2 (occassionally 3) seats and the different panel dynamics that creates, but with Ian increasingly contributing it starts to make it feel more like a 5 man podcast with 3 regulars. Whenever it cuts to his camera or I hear him cutting in from off-screen it interrupts the flow of the podcast for me. Really boils down to personal preference on structure (shrug)

Oh, I am very pleased with the way Ian streamlines processes like this. It's the interruptions of group discussion I don't like. I'd like to hear his thoughts on things, but as a member of the panel rather than the camera operator who occasionally interjects.

Just to throw out my own opinion here: I 100% diagree.

I want Ian jumping in as he does now.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, those aren't interruptions, dude; Ian IS part of the panel. The podcast does have three regulars, Ian is one of them. Personally, I would be really sad if Ian wasn't giving his input anymore. I think that would hurt the podcast deeply. Him manning the switchboard has been such a fantastic change for the podcast. I couldn't disagree more with you.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Haha welp, guess I am in the minority on this one. Don't envision his input being reduced anyway so feel you guys will at least continue getting the dynamic you enjoy
Ian IS part of the panel.
This I am curious about though. Not that it matters, but is this considered official? For example when Bosman says sth like "question to the panel" is it generally considered he is posing this question to Ian as well?

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I also think that Ian very rarely says anything in comparison to how much the rest of the panel contributes, and even when he does, "Interrupting" is the last thing I'd call it! He often waits until the very last second to give his take on a topic. He's certainly got more willpower than I have to not rush in to a conversation that I have an opinion on.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha welp, guess I am in the minority on this one. Don't envision his input being reduced anyway so feel you guys will at least continue getting the dynamic you enjoy

This I am curious about though. Not that it matters, but is this considered official? For example when Bosman says sth like "question to the panel" is it generally considered he is posing this question to Ian as well?
If you never watched GT time it may seem like a lot more to you than it does to the rest of us

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I also think that Ian very rarely says anything in comparison to how much the rest of the panel contributes, and even when he does, "Interrupting" is the last thing I'd call it! He often waits until the very last second to give his take on a topic. He's certainly got more willpower than I have to not rush in to a conversation that I have an opinion on.

Indeed. More often than not someone has to specifically coax something out of him. That is how you know questions are being addressed to him as well, because if he doesn't give his take Kyle will often ask for it.

Oct 26, 2017
If anything I wished they had someone else on the switcher from time to time. Maybe Don or Damiani (the first was on the switcher sometimes on GT Time, Damiani because he's controlling the stream computer usually so maybe he could learn switching too). Then we could get Ian at the table. Or have a backup switcher.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Gotta say I super disagree. Ian chiming in is a delight and helps shake things up

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
I miss Ian as a desk panelist, but he's job witch the switcher (and not just the switcher) is great and I love every time he jumps in, I'd like he did it more.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I always liked Ian as the 5th member on the Podcast. I would prefer he stay on the switcher, but feel free to chime in more

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I second this, but I think as long as they keep filming the podcast prior to the group stream, this won't happen because Funhaus.

Cursed Funhaus ruining everything.

But yeah, Ian at the table every once in a while would be nice.
I believe they always filmed the podcast after the groupstream (but maybe that changed in the studio?)
But it's still a valid point that it likely won't happen because of Funhaus (even though it's not really Funhauses fault).

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I believe they always filmed the podcast after the groupstream (but maybe that changed in the studio?)
But it's still a valid point that it likely won't happen because of Funhaus (even though it's not really Funhauses fault).
Podcast is before group stream now to avoid picking up the loud music from the bar downstairs. We'll still shoot some extra things later like Previews and Huber Syndrome if there isn't time before.

Oct 27, 2017

I could not disagree any more. Ian on the switcher has been a tremendous improvement for the Podcast - he not only gives the Podcast a more dynamic feel but also provides research and fact-checks when necessary and always has an interesting and different interpretation and view on news stories when he does offer his input. The result is a Podcast that feels much more focused, knowledgeable, well-rounded and generally a better produced product.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I'd missed Ian chiming in from the switcher ever since the death of GT.

Bringing that vibe back to the podcast has been awesome, Ian is the 5th chair.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ian at the switcher makes EZA complete.

It has been a long time coming back when they bought the switcher, and I am truly happy he is a mainstay on the podcast. Also have to sign the earlier comment by The king beyond the wall - it does enhance the liveliness of the podcast, and while it may seem like it could break the natural flow - it usually does with good reason, rarely does it hamper the quality, it is part of the unique flow imo. :=)

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Could only watch the latest EZA podcast yesterday.

Kudos on Kyle for bringing the THQ discussion back and a lot more informed this time.
My opinion is the same as Huber's. Just had to fire those guys and act like they care.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for a Love & Respect game show. That's actually what I would have preferred the game show to be

Feels like a good fit for the Live Show when it happens. Make them work like little chat show segments.

Maybe the next series should be Allies playing board games. "Easy Allies: Unplugged"

Whatever it may be, I imagine we'll see something about it at Mysterious Monster Mash

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Feels like a good fit for the Live Show when it happens. Make them work like little chat show segments.

Maybe the next series should be Allies playing board games. "Easy Allies: Unplugged"

Whatever it may be, I imagine we'll see something about it at Mysterious Monster Mash

Them doing board games is the thing I most wanted to see how well they'd gel with. Specially hidden traitor games like Battlestar Galactica, Dead of Winter...

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Old repost as a limited run show idea:

Any thoughts as to what the next Limited Run series is going to be? I personally hope it's "Sensible Drivers", a show in which Brandon acts as a driving instructor taking the other Allies on their driving test, using various games as the testing ground (GTA, Simpsons Hit & Run, Forza Horizon etc.).

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever the next series is, I'm guessing it will be announced at the concert/anniversary livestream thingy

EDIT: I don't think the anniversary non-stage stream is confirmed yet, but Jones has mentioned it on CoJ before.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we should expect many announcements at the anniversary event this year, Jones has said as much in CoJ, still I hope we at least get one retro and something else.

If they don't give a date for the next retro, they might as well take retrospectives out of the Patreon goals, honestly I wouldn't care anymore, EZA isn't GT, and if abandoning retros gives them time for new, interesting projects, I'm all for it.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think we should expect many announcements at the anniversary event this year, Jones has said as much in CoJ, still I hope we at least get one retro and something else.

If they don't give a date for the next retro, they might as well take retrospectives out of the Patreon goals, honestly I wouldn't care anymore, EZA isn't GT, and if abandoning retros gives them time for new, interesting projects, I'm all for it.

I'm with you as well. Retros just dont seem like they are worth the raw man hours they take to pull off. I would much rather see it replaced with something they can deliver with more regularity.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you as well. Retros just dont seem like they are worth the raw man hours they take to pull off. I would much rather see it replaced with something they can deliver with more regularity.

The way Jones has talked about it on CoJ right now is that there's a couple on the go, but it's one person on each and just doing it when they have other downtime. It sounds like even if it is removed, it's not going to be replaced with much and specifically not something with a schedule.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
We've had 2 retros in 3 years, think it should have been taken off as a patreon tier a while ago tbh

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
they should just say what one of them is at point, considering they have several in the works. They are already late for what's supposed to be something they should put out.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I understand why they don't want to publicly post about upcoming Retros, but CoJ is where they should be talked about. Same for Game Sleuth.
"A, B, and C are working on this, this, and this. Currently at this step. Release is not known, in a few months/weeks, imminent."
Don't have to say what they are about, but at least acknowledge that the Patreon goal that has been met is being worked on.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I understand the sentiment about taking down the Retro Patreon tier and I would personally be fine with it even though I love retros and I hope they continue to produce them (and I don't really care that it's a tier and they don't produce them too often), but there is a chance there will be backlash if they do as you can be certain not everybody will agree that removing that tier is a good idea. Hopefully there won't be too much drops in their Patreon if they decide to remove the thier.

Status
Not open for further replies.