• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
The way Jones has talked about it on CoJ right now is that there's a couple on the go, but it's one person on each and just doing it when they have other downtime. It sounds like even if it is removed, it's not going to be replaced with much and specifically not something with a schedule.

I would also be fine with them removing them the tier and dropping all other goals down by $5000 but that's obviously not going to happen. The real point is that the monetary goal does not reflect the amount of work that is being done on retros on a month by month basis.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017

I wish they were playing The Division tomorrow as their group stream, but this should be fun too!

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Again I said this before but it feels like they went from one extreme of announcing too early to the other of not saying anything for close to a whole year. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a better balanced approach of how to roll out that stuff especially as they learn more and more with making them.
It feels like they should at least consider dropping a kyle box peak like update on the retros.

Brandon at least said on recent cup of jones they're in production but we don't know more. I think Game Sleuth communication has improved way more from before damiani learned that monthly was not feasible. Pretty sure he dropped 1-2 patreon post about it last year and we got 3 of them last year which was improved from 2 per year.

Another point of communication that has improved since quite a while ago(probably over a year or so) is when weird shit happens I remember a lot of Ben patreon post giving the heads up which I also always appreciated instead of having to look through different twitter feeds to hunt down any heads up.

Last edited:

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Really fun "editorial" on Cup of Jones yesterday - worth checking out if you normally miss CoJ. Jones dug up some EZA concept art for the EZA logo. It's only about a 5 minute segment towards the end, but pretty cool he was able to share that stuff with the community.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
It's on at 10am on a day when there's a lot of filming, so timing wise, it couldn't be better.

I personally think it will be a very dull event, but I'm up for them making it better.

At it's best, we could be seeing the Allies reaction to the equivalent of Bill Gates announcing the original Xbox
At it's worst, Konami E3 2: Electric Boogaloo, baby

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be shocked if they're waiting for Ian to come back to do the Captain Marvel spoiler mode.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Devil May Cry 5 on the group stream today... aaaand that's another one I'll pass on. What happened to their creativity? They're always just playing new releases, no matter if the games fit the group stream format or not. It's been brought up on CoJ multiple times and Jones said that he wants to mix things up a bit again, yet nothing changes. See you at the next Hall of Greats, I guess...

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
Devil May Cry 5 on the group stream today... aaaand that's another one I'll pass on. What happened to their creativity? They're always just playing new releases, no matter if the games fit the group stream format or not. It's been brought up on CoJ multiple times and Jones said that he wants to mix things up a bit again, yet nothing changes. See you at the next Hall of Greats, I guess...

I hope Full Playthrough Friday save us. And 2 or 3 times a month, cause 2k more to do only once is a shame.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018

This last few weeks have been the only group streams I haven't watched in like 2 years. Started them and got kinda bored. Similar sentiments echoed on the subreddit aswell: https://www.reddit.com/r/UneasyAlliance/comments/aydf2m/tuesday_night_group_streams/

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
They also got rid of the once a month tournament which helped break up the monotony of just picking a new release. It's like they saw the complaints and did the exact opposite.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They also got rid of the once a month tournament which helped break up the monotony of just picking a new release. It's like they saw the complaints and did the exact opposite.

Yeah, Jones reasoning on that one was weird. "What if there isn't a game out recently that suits a tournament?" Play one of the other thousands of games out there that is maybe?

There's some good moments in the streams still as always, but when it's a single player pass the controller game and there's 8 of them, it's best summed up by EZA Clips rather than watch the whole thing.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
We need to find a happy medium between the Group Selection Committee doing gimmick streams of old games every week and now just playing recent releases no matter what. Hasn't happened yet.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Yeah, Jones reasoning on that one was weird. "What if there isn't a game out recently that suits a tournament?" Play one of the other thousands of games out there that is maybe?

There's some good moments in the streams still as always, but when it's a single player pass the controller game and there's 8 of them, it's best summed up by EZA Clips rather than watch the whole thing.

What was the last older game they played on a weekly group stream? (Like exclusively - so besides the Halloween marathon) Probably a Mario Party I'm guessing.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
You guys would know better than I, but perhaps their twitch stats show that playing a new game drives a lot more views than not, even if the game doesn't fully suit the format?

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
New releases make sense but sometimes it can be nice to not just cater to bringing in new viewers. If they don't want to do a tournament every month I'd even take a retro/old game group stream monthly instead. Just to mix it up from always being a new release. But I do think most people don't really care what they play, which is fine I guess.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

They need to play the new releases. It brings new viewers to them on Twitch.

I think it's such a silly complaint. You won't always be interested in every game they group stream. DMC is an incredibly fun game to watch people play but you're just not into it personally.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Are they even bringing new viewers by playing these games though? I have to echo the sentiment that group streams became a lot less fun as of lately. If they were playing more engaging thigs, that would lead to better conversation and/or jokes I'd argue more people would become potential patrons besides making certain streams evergreen in the sense that, one year from now I'm not going to rewatch this DMCV stream but I'll probably rewatch a design lab, monopoly or burnout crash competition

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I understand they gotta play new games but I'd personally be way more interested in random unexpected older games.

Even better than that would not be playing video games at all and doing 'gimmick' streams instead, like arts and crafts showcase, or Kyle's weird competitions and stuff like that.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
on Friend Code.

gotta chill on that whole E3 2012 "one more thing" being fireworks thing lol. (this time from Kyle)
The Wii U and press conference were garbage, but that was never a big one more thing set up. The conference was just over.
surprised it gets brought up so often.

anyway, good episode so far

edit:
someone should design a devil trigger and draw it during the stream.
And present it at the end ha

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
New games used to bring in viewers, but in a post Fortnite/Apex world, February 15th launches proved they don't.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
on Friend Code.

gotta chill on that whole E3 2012 "one more thing" being fireworks thing lol. (this time from Kyle)
The Wii U and press conference were garbage, but that was never a big one more thing set up. The conference was just over.
surprised it gets brought up so often.

anyway, good episode so far

edit:
someone should design a devil trigger and draw it during the stream.
And present it at the end ha

The entire conference is so bad that it feels like it is setting up to one more thing. But it wasn't just that they ended the conference, they did so by showing those fireworks. It was even worse than it they just said goodbye.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
They need to play the new releases. It brings new viewers to them on Twitch.

I think it's such a silly complaint. You won't always be interested in every game they group stream. DMC is an incredibly fun game to watch people play but you're just not into it personally.
Eh, if you said Ben and another ally were going to stream a full playthrough of DMC5 like Huber and Kyle's RE2make stream, I'd be all in. But group streams have more of a party atmosphere that really doesn't gel well with playing most single player games, so I have no real interest in watching this group stream. Most of the Allies probably won't even pay attention to it, they'll be more interested in whatever conversation that's popped up, so I'm not sure how it's meant to bring in any new viewers.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Eh, if you said Ben and another ally were going to stream a full playthrough of DMC5 like Huber and Kyle's RE2make stream, I'd be all in. But group streams have more of a party atmosphere that really doesn't gel well with playing most single player games, so I have no real interest in watching this group stream. Most of the Allies probably won't even pay attention to it, they'll be more interested in whatever conversation that's popped up, so I'm not sure how it's meant to bring in any new viewers.

This stream isn't for you then. That's okay! Just check back next week.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind the Allies doing a sort of Giant Bomb style Unprofessional Friday thing, where they play short blasts of loads of different stuff

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
The entire conference is so bad that it feels like it is setting up to one more thing. But it wasn't just that they ended the conference, they did so by showing those fireworks. It was even worse than it they just said goodbye.
I've watched it recently.
the conference was garbage, and the ending was lame too.

But it wasn't a one more thing setup is all I'm saying. He did his normal goodbye and made it clear the conference was over. And said lets talk one more walk through Nintendoland. So it wasn't a mystery what was about to play. Usually, they don't say what the thing is if it's a "one more thing".

Side Note:
People in general have been a bit obsessed with the whole "one more thing" thing. Since around 2012-2013 I suppose.

Good presentations have been deemed bad bad if there's no "one more thing". We've seen it with several directs.
Even EZA was weirdly sour on the September 2018 direct because they felt the "one more thing" Isabella/AC announcement was out of order.

I don't really have a opinion on Isabella/AC announcement. But I don't really care in terms of the entire direct. How it ends doesn't change the direct that much.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But it wasn't a one more thing setup is all I'm saying. He did his normal goodbye and made it clear the conference was over. And said lets talk one more walk through Nintendoland. So it wasn't a mystery what was about to play. Usually, they don't say what the thing is if it's a "one more thing".

Oh, I get what you're saying. At no point do the people on stage say one more thing, here's fireworks. But the whole show feels like there has to be one more thing, because this can't be everything. Surely there's one more thing. Anything.

And there wasn't

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I specifically remember Reggie saying "One more thing" and me thinking "yessss finally something good will happen"

Watch it again, it never happens. We just all believe it did because of how it ends. It's like Review debuts some new marketing line "Better. Together." Or something like that, then even says that it's going to be one more look at Nintendoland before showing the fireworks and having signs saying "Enjoy E3 2012".

He announced it was going to be more Nintendoland and we were still disappointed

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I specifically remember Reggie saying "One more thing" and me thinking "yessss finally something good will happen"
"Thanks again, and let's finish with one more walk through the themepark that is NintendoLand"
(checked youtube to get quote)

Then a dumb Nintendoland clip played for like 10 seconds. Lol wtf
I'm not defending the conference. Just the weird one more thing obsession we've seen from 2012-2019

I think I also remember people sour on Sony's 2017 for ending with Spiderman again. May have been EZA actually. Not sure.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
I can not remember the last tuesday group stream I watched in full. Game selection has been extremely disappointing, not sure where it went wrong either. When their ability to interact with each other is diminished, it hurts their brand. Their personalities are why I am a fan, but that aspect is stifled by selecting single player titles as group stream games. Play Here Comes the Pain, 4 controllers, Hell in a Cell.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
This stream isn't for you then. That's okay! Just check back next week.
Of course and I'm not saying every stream has to be for me. I was just pointing out that this has been a frequent thing the last few months, to the point where I don't check back next week because chances are they aren't for me. If they do happen to stream something I'm interested in, the archive will pop up in my Youtube subscriptions and I can watch it there.

Also, if you're going to say it brings in new viewers then I'm going to disagree. If you're looking for DMC5 streams, you probably aren't interested in streams where the game isn't really the focus. A full playthrough stream would've done a far better job appealing to new viewers.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I can not remember the last tuesday group stream I watched in full. Game selection has been extremely disappointing, not sure where it went wrong either. When their ability to interact with each other is diminished, it hurts their brand. Their personalities are why I am a fan, but that aspect is stifled by selecting single player titles as group stream games. Play Here Comes the Pain, 4 controllers, Hell in a Cell.
Yup. That's why I'm totally fine with working during their group streams. I'm able to just skip through parts, which I do a lot more lately than I used to.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watch it again, it never happens. We just all believe it did because of how it ends. It's like Review debuts some new marketing line "Better. Together." Or something like that, then even says that it's going to be one more look at Nintendoland before showing the fireworks and having signs saying "Enjoy E3 2012".

He announced it was going to be more Nintendoland and we were still disappointed
Oh weird. Strange to remember something that didn't happen, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.