• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic Racing looked way better in the last trailer they made, didn't feel like toaster strudels across the board
It looks more appealing to me than CTR. But I also grew up with Sonic and have absolutely no emotional attachment to Crash Bandicoot as a series, so there's a bit of bias there.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad at hearing the Allies rip into Team Sonic Racing so much this week after much more positive recent press showings. Game has had a real uphill struggle since going Sonic-only. What, y'all REALLY need Ulala in an SC5 car to take it seriously? We did the Sega All-Stars thing before and ended up with Football Manager in a car, and some podcast guy.

I LOVED Transformed and this new game just looks like a complete downgrade, where's the Diddy Kong Racing vehicle switching and all the stages that celebrate Sega's amazing history?

What the fuck is this "sequel", I can't.

Also we'd easily get Kiryu/Majima in it now so the fact that it's only about Sonic now is even worse.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I LOVED Transformed and this new game just looks like a complete downgrade, where's the Diddy Kong Racing vehicle switching and all the stages that celebrate Sega's amazing history?

Also we'd easily get Kiryu/Majima in it now so the fact that it's only about Sonic now is even worse.
Yeah, as a huge fan of Transformed, I'm sorry, this game looks just alright and the Allies were right to rip on it.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that bothers me about the new Sonic racer is the weird team dynamic where you're depending on three cars at once with two being driven by AI or something? I'm still not clear on that but it doesn't seem good. I'm not really playing the games for their cast, so that doesn't bother me, and to be honest the transforming in Transformed was the weakest part of the game for me, as the flying was really simple and I didn't like the boating physics. Pure driving is a plus to me.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Kinda sad at hearing the Allies rip into Team Sonic Racing so much this week after much more positive recent press showings. Game has had a real uphill struggle since going Sonic-only. What, y'all REALLY need Ulala in an SC5 car to take it seriously?.

Yes.

When you have two games in a series that are basically Super Smash Kart for Sega -- along with transforming vehicles in the sequel -- and then remove all non-Sonic characters and transforming vehicles for the third game, it's going to look like a massive downgrade.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda sad at hearing the Allies rip into Team Sonic Racing so much this week after much more positive recent press showings. Game has had a real uphill struggle since going Sonic-only. What, y'all REALLY need Ulala in an SC5 car to take it seriously? We did the Sega All-Stars thing before and ended up with Football Manager in a car, and some podcast guy.
So who are they replacing Ulala, Football Manager and podcast guy with? No-one? More of Sonic's shitty friends? Because I'd take Football Manager over either of those options any day of the week. And that seems like the problem with this game to me, instead of building on what the last game did, they're taking a step backwards and shrinking their reach.

And since CTR was brought up, the only concern I have for that is that I'm not sure Beenox can deliver a remake that lives up to the original game. If they do it'll be one of the best games this year.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I'll defend Sonic's friends till I die. They have more variety than Mario's. We aren't getting 4 Sonics and 4 Amys in this one!

But then again Sega's roster of characters is topped by only Nintendo's and Capcom's? So I understand those who would miss the All Stars cast.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I can get past the issue of this game being all Sonic characters, the main problem for me is that it just seems mechanically less interesting than Racing Transformed. I thought having different modes of transport in the same race was really cool and I loved how some tracks would change per lap so you could be racing around on a normal road to start with, but by lap 3 the road has broken away so you're going a different route in a river underneath it.

The mechanical addition to this game (being in a team) just seems like something that would annoy me and I haven't yet come across any reason that tells me why it's a good addition. Having AI you potentially have to babysit is the last thing I want in a racing game, and if there is ever a situation where you could come in first but end up losing due to the position of your team mates then I would never want to play this game.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yup. I was a huge fan of Transformed, and one of my favorite things about it was that it was a celebration of all things Sega. Plus the vehicle gimmick was really great.

Sonic Team Racing is 100% a skip for me. Not interested. Everything about it seems like a collection unnecessary self-inflicted wounds.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I was a huge fan of Transformed, and one of my favorite things about it was that it was a celebration of all things Sega. Plus the vehicle gimmick was really great.

Sonic Team Racing is 100% a skip for me. Not interested. Everything about it seems like a collection unnecessary self-inflicted wounds.

It will be interesting to see how successful it is. Will jettisoning their history, and all the characters their long time fans love so much, pay off? Or will this blow up in their faces and kill the franchise?

I am super interested to see how this all plays out.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Takeshi's Challenge stream!!!

Trying to figure out who would be good for an E3 special of Mysterious Monsters: Cory Barlog, Ashley Burch and Rami Ismail?

Looking like a great week ahead according to the schedule! Jam-packed with streams.

This week's my Pop Tart

Last edited:

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Dang I forgot to submit a question to friend code. Maybe they will end up talking about switch revision hopes and dreams again.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Enjoyed Friendcode, I think Bosman and Damiani together is my favorite Allies duo. Their Settle It: A Link To The Past video came up in my YT recs recently. A great 5 hours, Damiani has these Zelda games down.

I would watch a series where he plays them all accompanied by other Allies for sure.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Enjoyed Friendcode, I think Bosman and Damiani together is my favorite Allies duo. Their Settle It: A Link To The Past video came up in my YT recs recently. A great 5 hours, Damiani has these Zelda games down.

I would watch a series where he plays them all accompanied by other Allies for sure.

Agreed. It was a shame that Ash Paulsen couldn't make it but as soon as the podcast opened with Damiani and Bosman then I knew that we were in for a good time.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't post here at all, and I love EZA, but why does Kyle constantly just need to mess with segments? Glinny's Cauldron is hilarious and I love the segment, but it seems like he can't just let it be good. He constantly has to tinker. The whole "well you know that thing we all agreed on? It's gone now." WHY. So now instead at the end of it being a face-off, it's this weird lopsided contest. If he's doing it because "well we chose the worst of the worst so obviously ours would be a worse game", I think the jumbled mess of the other "worst game" could be much more of a mess.

Just a rant because the segment is so good but every time he does this stuff it feels like he undermines the group.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't post here at all, and I love EZA, but why does Kyle constantly just need to mess with segments? Glinny's Cauldron is hilarious and I love the segment, but it seems like he can't just let it be good. He constantly has to tinker. The whole "well you know that thing we all agreed on? It's gone now." WHY. So now instead at the end of it being a face-off, it's this weird lopsided contest. If he's doing it because "well we chose the worst of the worst so obviously ours would be a worse game", I think the jumbled mess of the other "worst game" could be much more of a mess.

Just a rant because the segment is so good but every time he does this stuff it feels like he undermines the group.

He's creating a narrative, adding stakes and twists.

I think he'd love if at the end, the other "worst game" was the worse one lol

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Thank

He's creating a narrative, adding stakes and twists.

I think he'd love if at the end, the other "worst game" was the worse one lol
That's what I mean, though. How hilarious would it be if the other worst game was worse because all those things they passed up when put together were absolutely vile?

It's not a big deal, but just makes me go ergh.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I'm with everyone that Damiani and Kyle can carry a great Friend Code on their own, but I just got the Zelda/Monolith part and now I wish Ash was there to defend GameXplain's hypthesis. Damiani came prepared to argue with notes and pre-written statements, haha.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I literally can not take this music anymore. It is torture. I stopped the stream.
The music is fucking awful. im sorry, I don't get this game at all.
Sonatine.jpg

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huber looks great in his glasses. Don't know why he put it off for so long.

That just leaves Ben who needs to get them right?

Status
Not open for further replies.