• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
They're definitely going to want to show off the shiny studio to the masses...but what would be really cool is if they could fill gaps in coverage of conferences by switching to the couch set and have people playing games. Keep it a chill time all day long. I think Jones mentioned wanting to do something to this effect, just not sure if they are setup for it quite yet.

Also time to ready those promos!

Yeah, but now you are gonna have people cut across 3 different rooms?

So 5 in the studio, Ian in the switcher room, and 3 on the couch and no one can talk between rooms?

That kinda blows. In the garage, it was nearly everyone in the same room.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but now you are gonna have people cut across 3 different rooms?

So 5 in the studio, Ian in the switcher room, and 3 on the couch and no one can talk between rooms?

That kinda blows. In the garage, it was nearly everyone in the same room.

Yeah but you could barely see the other group in a small side camera...now there should be more room to see everyone. I see your point though, they will probably experiment.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Nah man I love the suits at E3, it makes it feel so special to.

Really hope they can stream from the podcast room for E3 to

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
I feel this thread is Masterful at preemptive nitpicking. Fine to voice your concerns but I think it's a little early to do it, even more so given the lack of info on the conjectured scenario

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I feel this thread is Masterful at preemptive nitpicking. Fine to voice your concerns but I think it's a little early to do it, even more so given the lack of info on the conjectured scenario

You are 100% right about this...I usually try not to get sucked in, but I fell prey to it as well. Ahh well, time for bed anyway!

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I have played like 90 hours of Odyssey but the way it handles 'morality' is ridiculous and so, while I understand Kyle's point, Assassin's Creed is absolutely not the kind of franchise that will ever "go there" in that sense. The bad vikings will be do the raping and pillaging, the player character will be a good viking.

Seriously the whiplash in Odyssey... you slaughter Athenians and Spartans alike depending on how big a reward you want. The only justification is that Kassandra is a misthios (mercenary). You could do a whole series of main missions about her Spartan family etc and then two minutes later do a battle where you gleefully annihilate a Spartan army. AC is not concerned with making sense of morality in the grander scheme of things.
I'm close to finishing Odyssey at the moment and while I do like it, yeah, it's dumb as hell. If they can glorify Sparta, an extremely xenophobic city state that's vastly outnumbered by the number of slaves they owned (and even hand wave that part away in the game with a "they're fed and are safe so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"), then vikings will be easy.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Hey now Mega Sponsor slot being open isn't something to worry about, that's an opportunity. Wide open for you to jump on in.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I'm not going to volunteer, but if one of you feels like creating a fundraiser to sponsor EZA in the name of the Resetera community, I would totally join in.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hrmm below 50K. :/ I wonder what can be done to gain momentum.

p.s. Brad's pick for best Sekiro boss is the absolute best pick. From's peak boss design, even.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
This is the same time last year they dipped below 40k right? Maybe there's just something about April. We're just past the anniversary, E3 still feels far away (even though it's not), etc.

Also the thread is quiet at least partially because of the Snap. Most of the people who post here somewhat regularly that signed up ended up getting dusted.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I can't see Don in a Mortal Kombat shirt without thinking "It's not a red shirt... it's a red herring!"

Very excited for the new episode. noah rayne hype!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say.

It's kinda dumb to make a podcast about Game of Thrones and not get into spoilers.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I gotta say.

It's kinda dumb to make a podcast about Game of Thrones and not get into spoilers.

I'm listening to this now and it's still an enjoyable discussion, but I agree. How many people are going to listen to a Game of Thrones labeled podcast, while still caring about spoilers / not wanting to be spoiled? Even Season 1 stuff they've avoided. I'm almost always on the side of the person who gets spoiled, but if you're 7 years behind on a show you're interested in and you listen to a podcast about it right before the final season... That's on you.

EDIT: Coincidentally they just answered a question on the podcast about them being too spoiler sensitive right after I posted this. Brandon said they weren't talking about spoilers in this episode because it's not a Game of Thrones specific episode... But the first thing in the title of Game of Thrones and the thumb is the iron throne, so I'd disagree with that (thought they do talk about the idea of book/comic adaptions as well).

Last edited:

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Ya I agree about the spoiler thing on Reaction Shots. They weren't just avoiding spoilers for GoT, they were avoiding them for everything. Watchmen the film has been out for 10 years and the graphic novel for decades and they still were avoiding their endings and talking around the difference. Bit weird for sure.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Well now the podcast is required viewing/listening to hear Huber's Littlefinger impression. About 1:03:00 or so in.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
that nintendo sales L&R game was kinda dumb lol.

all the examples were too close. Unless you have Celine's thread memorized, no one cares enough to know haha
(even I go to his/her thread all the time and didn't remember a couple of those)

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just catching up on the podcast. Kyle trying to say Saskatchewan... good stuff!
But that e-mail from the guy who worked at the ER during the Humboldt tragedy, wow, that was a national tragedy, if the writer is reading this, you're a hero. Nothing but love and respect.

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro

This is awesome! Noah on full NDA??? Can't wait to watch the episode!

Noah is so beautiful, so charming, i love both smile and voice.

D3_EB9JXsAACAnf.jpg

Last edited:

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished OPM season 1. Wow. What an incredible show. I cannot believe it took this long to get a second season. Now I wish I had pounced on that $6 Spotify Premium/Hulu deal when I had the chance.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I know PC gaming isn't the Allies strong suit, but hearing Kyle say "I don't want to play a game about Colonization! Like, what game do you murder Native Americans in???" was perhaps the facepalmiest moment of the whole vikings debate.

If anyone here has access to the Patreon-exclusive political podcast, let us know if they pick that topic back up on there.
That's obviously not the kind of game he's referring to. There's an abstractness to strategy games (especially ones with sprites) that isn't there in a lot of other genres, especially an open world action RPG that's trying to draw you into that world like Assassin's Creed. Like, I can play as Sparta in Total War: Rome 2 but in Odyssey I'm like "fuck these guys."

HylianScribe

Oct 27, 2017
It's the Final Fantasy XV crossover event with FF XIV. You can get a glimpse of what it will be like in the official trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o-CtZGjJGc It was only meant to go for an hour with another hour being Konami Arcade Classics, but that's not going to be released in time. So we're brainstorming so other ideas and it might not end up being this either, but something completely different. Maybe we can do CD-i Zelda...

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Come on, Damiani, Dreams! Dreams! Dreams!

There is plenty of Beta content to fill the entire stream.

I mean, it even had Gerstmann grinning like a darn mad man throughout the entire GB stream.

May 30, 2018
This was our thought process as well. We're going to give Jones and some others time to come up with some awesome stuff. There will (likely - learned to never say for sure by now) be a Dreams stream in the near future, just not this soon.

hmm, my wording was weird on that post- what i was trying to say was that doing anything other than a Dreams stream this Tuesday seems like a bad choice, imo. and no offense to FF XIV, but i can't see that being something that ends up being all that engaging. something like Dreams hits the sweet spot of being totally spontaneous and allowing for any of the Allies to take a stab at it.

i don't think the people tuning in on Tuesday (including myself) want a prepared, already-curated list of things that you'll all be checking out in Dreams - that gets rid of the element of surprise, which is one of the most fun things to watch you all experience together. we'd enjoy nothing more than for all of you to just wade through what's already there or start making something yourself.

HylianScribe

Oct 27, 2017
hmm, my wording was weird on that post- what i was trying to say was that doing anything other than a Dreams stream this Tuesday seems like a bad choice, imo. and no offense to FF XIV, but i can't see that being something that ends up being all that engaging. something like Dreams hits the sweet spot of being totally spontaneous and allowing for any of the Allies to take a stab at it.

i don't think the people tuning in on Tuesday (including myself) want a prepared, already-curated list of things that you'll all be checking out in Dreams - that gets rid of the element of surprise, which is one of the most fun things to watch you all experience together. we'd enjoy nothing more than for all of you to just wade through what's already there or start making something yourself.

My personal concern with a Dreams day 1 stream is that it could potentially be a lot of "wait, how do I do this, let me figure this out" and honestly make for a boring stream. We should wait until people are more familiar and they can explain things better and make things faster/easier rather than it potentially being a frustrating experience. I do agree we can come up with something else better than the XV x XIV collaboration stream, and for those who wanted to see it, I'll do it as an individual stream later in the week.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This was brought up as well, but seems like kind of a bummer to not be able to show any kind of video out. Just us holding a cardboard box to our face.
The playing process probably wouldn't be super captivating, but I think the building process could be a super chill stream.

My personal concern with a Dreams day 1 stream is that it could potentially be a lot of "wait, how do I do this, let me figure this out" and honestly make for a boring stream. We should wait until people are more familiar and they can explain things better and make things faster/easier rather than it potentially being a frustrating experience. I do agree we can come up with something else better than the XV x XIV collaboration stream, and for those who wanted to see it, I'll do it as an individual stream later in the week.

Yeah, I completely agree with this. I mean, I can't WAIT to watch Jones stream some Dreams, but I don't want to see two hours of trying to figure stuff out. I mean, he will probably still be on the tutorials at that point, of which there are HOURS worth.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Sounds reasonable.

But I kinda know how this will already go.

This week ff14.
Next week mk11.
Week after hog.
Dreams is forgotten and stream never happens.

Whatever you guys think is best though.

HylianScribe

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds reasonable.

But I kinda know how this will already go.

This week ff14.
Next week mk11.
Week after hog.
Dreams is forgotten and stream never happens.

Whatever you guys think is best though.

I'll push to not make the group stream the FF XIV event and suggest other games. I wish the Joker/3.0 Spring Update for Smash dropped this coming week...would have been perfect (ahead of group stream...watch it launch end of week rip).

Status
Not open for further replies.