• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC Damiani's main point was that it would not outlast Fortnite and that the numbers it was pulling at launch were not at all sustainable. People believed Apex would be on-par with Fortnite for a long time...that it would not be a flash in the pan. I took the "dead in a week" comment to be tongue-in-cheek.

I have to go back and rewatch, but I'd say the crux of his argument has stood the test of time.

EDIT: Damiani suggested it would follow a similar path to that of Sea of Thieves and be hot for two or three weeks. Granted, it doubled those numbers, but it is clear Apex has not had the longevity people anticipated.
If Damiani had predicted that Respawn would botch the season pass and would kill their own momentum, then I'd give him all the credit. His take was too vague and needlessly pessimistic, which is why it bothered some people at the time. Everyone can be pessimistic and be right 50% of the time.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, who could have expected Respawn to kill their own momentum with such a horrible battle pass and a refusal to make quick updates. That's not how people like their GaaS.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, who could have expected Respawn to kill their own momentum with such a horrible battle pass and a refusal to make quick updates. That's not how people like their GaaS.
This comment is the first time calling it GaaS has made me chuckle. Made me (finally?) realize just how appropriate of a term it is: vaporous, often invisible substance that dissipates in quality as time goes on after being released out in the open.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This comment is the first time calling it GaaS has made me chuckle. Made me (finally?) realize just how appropriate of a term it is: vaporous, often invisible substance that dissipates in quality as time goes on after being released out in the open.
Yeah, the lack of acknowledgement that this way of things doesn't have proud merits that puts it's legitimacy in question. Finickiness is a rather shallow thing to possess.

flexhealer

Apr 7, 2019
Hey y'all! Everyone who watches Fiasconauts, what's your favourite? I wanna go back and watch some again since it's been forever but it's tough to choose!!

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
From the Frame Trap Email from 2 weeks ago:
Minecraft is a franchise produced in this era of gaming that is definitely "legendary". Probably the best example.

really surprised it wasn't mentioned so pointing it out.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I think they made the wrong call. An inexplicable final boss can be weird and unexpected, but when it comes to hampering play the 9-5 real time in-game shops are so much worse. It basically makes parts of the game completely unusable for those with typical work schedules. It's so evil.

mickdundee96

Nov 23, 2017
Thought Kyle was on good form for this week's podcast, also on his recommendation watched the first series of Barry. Definitely give it a go people! It's quite short with no filler, I think around 9 episodes of about 30mins each. Shout out to Henry Winkler who is also great. Will defo watch series two but will wait till it finishes.

Oct 25, 2017
Another vote for Regina's Wedding. Still my favorite, but there are also many other great ones, like Heist, Camp Death, whichever one had the Adam Sandler riffs...The Scoop I think? I don't listen to all of them so there might be other good ones.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
The Harvest Festival fiasco is up there with the classics. Also the one set in fantasy medieval times.

And the Suburban one they did during the GT days was great as well if that counts

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Regina's Wedding, the Heist, and Dragon Slayers are probably my top 3, and they already got mentioned. So +1 to those.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Mysterious Monsters is seriously impressive - I envy the people in years time who have a bank of these episodes to binge!

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
That was so, so good. Man oh man, let the YouTube Algorithm Gods be pleased and let this reach the masses.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
OFNsYVf.png

HylianScribe

Oct 27, 2017
If Damiani had predicted that Respawn would botch the season pass and would kill their own momentum, then I'd give him all the credit. His take was too vague and needlessly pessimistic, which is why it bothered some people at the time. Everyone can be pessimistic and be right 50% of the time.

In my mind I was skeptical, but I guess how I phrased everything (because I stink at speaking on the spot and excel when I can do research and write out or better formulate my responses) came across much harsher than I intended. The one thing that I will stand by is I just didn't care about Apex Legends when it was announced. Last thing I wanted to see was another BR game that focuses on guns and shooting, ie, more of the same. I really want a new single-player campaign Titanfall. What I truly wanted is for some path forward to lead to this. I didn't want Apex Legends to simply fail and result in the the devs to losing their jobs, I just wanted a way for them to somehow be afforded the opportunity to make another single player Titanfall. So while I probably am at fault for poor choice of words, it stinks to see my true feelings misrepresented.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
The Allies been doing quite a bit small livestream events as of late, Wonder if they going to do inside xbox tmr?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
In my mind I was skeptical, but I guess how I phrased everything (because I stink at speaking on the spot and excel when I can do research and write out or better formulate my responses) came across much harsher than I intended. The one thing that I will stand by is I just didn't care about Apex Legends when it was announced. Last thing I wanted to see was another BR game that focuses on guns and shooting, ie, more of the same. I really want a new single-player campaign Titanfall. What I truly wanted is for some path forward to lead to this. I didn't want Apex Legends to simply fail and result in the the devs to losing their jobs, I just wanted a way for them to somehow be afforded the opportunity to make another single player Titanfall. So while I probably am at fault for poor choice of words, it stinks to see my true feelings misrepresented.

Hey damiani, I appreciate you taking the time to write this all out. It's nice to see you popping up in this thread every so often! Seeing how much you want a new titanfall campaign I'm curious to know, how hyped you are for jedi fallen order?

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About dragon quest and cellphone, one thing i do today to jrpgs with random encounters, is to play these Grind parts with one hand on the controller and the other hand i use my cellphone. The Grind becomes way more bearable, sometimes i Just wanted to check my cellphone, read resetera etc, but i would turn on the console to lvl up.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
hahahaha i'm of an age where I can't understand any cultural references from before like 2003. it's my biggest downfall (thank you!! <3)

I enjoy learning where different references breakdown between generations. I would have assumed someone your age was atleast familiar with the song from sporting events and it appearing on "top 10 most annoying songs" lists. In your defense it's not a song worth remembering lol.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy learning where different references breakdown between generations. I would have assumed someone your age was atleast familiar with the song from sporting events and it appearing on "top 10 most annoying songs" lists. In your defense it's not a song worth remembering lol.

Indeed. Ignorance can definitely be a blessing.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
hahahaha i'm of an age where I can't understand any cultural references from before like 2003. it's my biggest downfall (thank you!! <3)
Don't sweat it. I'm 35 and I couldn't come up with the answer.
I didn't really listen to a lot of radio since 15 - 20 years ago, but still.

I also know the song, but I just wouldn't have come up with it.

Congrats btw, it was well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.