• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I know I probably visit this thread atleast five times a day on average. It's a good quick distraction if I'm feeling bored at work.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
We need the hard data of how many views come directly after someone posts the kylebutt.gif. That span a few months back (weeks?, days?) did wonders for the brand.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Man, you guys weren't wrong about this Kyle Labo stream. It is amazing, he is having an absolute blast. Such a jolly watch.

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
Group stream tomorrow is still TBD.

I guess Rage 2?

Jesus Christ stop. They were on such a roll with good group streams a year back but it evolved to "latest generic single player game" released that week. So boring and uninspiring.

Edit: I see that they have listed Unruly Heroes as the group stream game. Haven't heard of the game so it's a positive I guess.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
it evolved to "latest generic single player game" released that week
Someone tried to make this claim a couple weeks ago, and it absolutely doesn't hold up to the data. Ignoring the subjective criticism of the games being generic, there have been exactly 3 "latest single player games" on group streams in 2019 - Jump Force, DMC 5, and Dreams. And we don't regret doing those streams at all.

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
Someone tried to make this claim a couple weeks ago, and it absolutely doesn't hold up to the data. Ignoring the subjective criticism of the games being generic, there have been exactly 3 "latest single player games" on group streams in 2019 - Jump Force, DMC 5, and Dreams. And we don't regret doing those streams at all.

Fair enough, I should have been more clearer. Maybe not only SP games, but more like games only one ally play or non-interesting (personally) games for me to watch a group play together.

I'm counting for example lately World War Z, BF1, Sekiro, DMC, Toejam, Division, Jump Force and Apex as very generic choices when Easy Allies is known as such a creative group and Thursday night streams have been known to create some of the jolliest and interesting streams I have ever seen online.

I'm not saying you should change what games you play and never said you should "regret playing those games". But I been a Patreon since the start and I (Personally) have found those streams a bit lackluster compared to the standards I hold you guys up to. But that's my opinion.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Unruly Heroes is good vibes. Should be some fun co-op. Looking to pick this up myself on the Switch eventually.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow. Could there be a possibility of the rarest of rare occurrences - a DON REACTION STREAM? Damiani and Don on the couch, think of the C O N T E N T.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
So, Beat Saber is coming out of Early Access on the 21st. One of the things that it's coming out with is an official level editor. I assume that you can supply your own music, so, I think would be a cool group stream to see the allies create levels for some of their jingles, like Mysterious Monsters, Box Peek, the main theme. Just a thought.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
So, Beat Saber is coming out of Early Access on the 21st. One of the things that it's coming out with is an official level editor. I assume that you can supply your own music, so, I think would be a cool group stream to see the allies create levels for some of their jingles, like Mysterious Monsters, Box Peek, the main theme. Just a thought.

This sounds fun! The frame trap theme has to be the hardest level.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm counting for example lately World War Z, BF1, Sekiro, DMC, Toejam, Division, Jump Force and Apex as very generic choices
Neither Sekiro nor Division were on Tuesday group streams, both of those were extra streams that we had opportunities to do before the games launched, and we were very excited to check them out. WWZ, BF1, and Apex not only had a lot of buzz but we were excited to play them, particularly since we can now do multiplayer LAN-style setups in the studio which we really didn't have the space for in the garage. I am hoping that we can eventually find a good solution to let people see more than one perspective, which should make those kinds of streams a little more engaging, but it's still great to be able to co-op in the same room.

In any case, there's clearly a lot of competing tastes out there, and we're following our own tastes. And sometimes that involves a little bit of risk . I'm not sure how tonight's game is going to land, but I've been curious about playing it with the other allies for quite some time.

Last edited:

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm counting for example lately World War Z, BF1, Sekiro, DMC, Toejam, Division, Jump Force and Apex as very generic choices when Easy Allies is known as such a creative group and Thursday night streams have been known to create some of the jolliest and interesting streams I have ever seen online.

You keep using that word. I'm not sure you know what it actually means.

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
I am hoping that we can eventually find a good solution to let people see more than one perspective, which should make those kinds of streams a little more engaging.

That sounds really neat.

In any case, there's clearly a lot of competing tastes out there, and we're following our own tastes. And sometimes that involves a little bit of risk . I'm not sure how tonight's game is going to land, but I've been curious about playing it with the other allies for quite some time.

Of course, i don't think anybody would want you guys to play games you don't wanna play. When you play stuff that's engaging to you guys it has a much bigger chance to hit with the audience. Just saying personally i miss a bit of creative group-streams, but i totally understand your point of view. I'm excited for tonights game and can't wait to watch.

Sorry if some of my wording might seem of as English is not my main language.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A Doncast?!?! Well, this is highly unorthodox, but I'll more than allow it.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Now that Frame Trap's up for non-patrons, if anybody was wondering about Ben and Brad's talk about FFVII &"Bolt", here's the OG vid. One of the many great GT moments that were archived by The Dark Knight:

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
This is a pretty great group stream imo. Everyone is engaged with the game, nd having fun. Ben's jokes are on fire tonight.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So the Allies won't be live for the direct. Post-reaction at 6pm PT

Huh, weird. Guess someone wasn't available at the right time.

Kind of hoping they don't watch it live and then just watch it for the first time together. Otherwise it seems a bit strange to have both the post-analysis and Friend Code on the subject with a similar cast.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, weird. Guess someone wasn't available at the right time.

Kind of hoping they don't watch it live and then just watch it for the first time together. Otherwise it seems a bit strange to have both the post-analysis and Friend Code on the subject with a similar cast.
Yeah we'll be avoiding it live so we can have fresh reactions when Don comes in.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Just finished watching the group stream and enjoyed it immensely. Looks like there may be quite a lot of gold in that stream (mostly involving Huber) so will look forward to EZA clips this weekend.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
I know i'm super LTTP and a bit off topic, but holy crap is Chrono Trigger an amazing game.

Until last week I had only played the game maybe 10 or 15 years ago and as far as I remember did not manage to get far into it, but always regarded it as great game and had a lot of respect for it.

But wow, after finishing it yesterday I think it's one of my favorite games ever!

The story, characters and music are top notch. Gameplay is great but it does get old at the end (I'm looking at you final dungeon) and maybe it's my love for time travel shenanigans but I really liked the way sidequests integrated themselves to the different eras and made every part of the game world meaninful.

Totally one of the greats!

Status
Not open for further replies.