• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Neither Sekiro nor Division were on Tuesday group streams, both of those were extra streams that we had opportunities to do before the games launched, and we were very excited to check them out. WWZ, BF1, and Apex not only had a lot of buzz but we were excited to play them, particularly since we can now do multiplayer LAN-style setups in the studio which we really didn't have the space for in the garage. I am hoping that we can eventually find a good solution to let people see more than one perspective, which should make those kinds of streams a little more engaging, but it's still great to be able to co-op in the same room.

In any case, there's clearly a lot of competing tastes out there, and we're following our own tastes. And sometimes that involves a little bit of risk . I'm not sure how tonight's game is going to land, but I've been curious about playing it with the other allies for quite some time.

I also protest the idea of calling Sekiro and Devil May Cry "generic" like it's some Ubi-open world looter shooter.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, may not come back. Hope they do come back, see how they're feeling after E3 but man, that would really fucking suck.

Like I said, it's the main show I'm funding because I laugh so hard at it compared to almost any other piece of media out there.

I am way behind and don't want to spoil myself to the ending, but if they are really considering not bringing it back for a third season I think it could work very well as a shorter-run show, maybe something like 12 episodes a year. Something to consider opposed to fully pulling the plug. I just imagine from a sheer time perspective, this show is a large undertaking considering how many people are involved, and especially Ben's other time commitments. Hard to believe he's produced a retro, run two D&D campaigns, hosted Frame Trap, all while doing some of the largest reviews for the Allies. Get this man a vacation, haha, he's earned it!

I think whenever this has come up in the past people bring up the D&D tier on Patreon, and rightfully so, because right now it's a ~$1600 swing for them, but if EZA could find a way to get to 10,000 patrons, then I think they could look to sunset that tier - not saying that that they have to, just if they ever wanted to do so. I am sure it's a blast for all those who participate, so I would never want to take that away from them, but as EZA grows it will be something that may come up internally.

Last edited:

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
How did everybody like Season 2 of Tabletop Escapades?

I kind of dropped off a few episodes into S2 after REALLY liking Season 1.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018

Curious to know this as well. I made it super far into Season 1, falling off after the introduction of Fame and the start of the countdown. Been meaning to finish it for a long time now...I started season 2 for a couple of episodes but fell off it pretty hard after that. Not sure if I want to commit a huge amount of time to watching it.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
The biggest criticism of season 1 of tabletop was highly criticized for being too long and nearly everyone fell off. From what I remember Ben acknowledged this and said that season 2 would be more restrained and have a smaller arc. That obviously didnt pan out.

It's sad because I would like to watch tabletop but after finishing season 1 I only made it to episode 20 or so of season 2 because I got burnt out. Smaller stories that are more spread out would certainly help with fatigue, both for fans of the show and the players.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
IMHO Season 2 started weak, got very good, then got bad again and picked right back up near the end (I still have to episodes to listen). Overall worse than S01 but still very enjoyable and the best moments were better than S01.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, may not come back. Hope they do come back, see how they're feeling after E3 but man, that would really fucking suck.

Like I said, it's the main show I'm funding because I laugh so hard at it compared to almost any other piece of media out there.
I would be sad to see it go, definitely one of more fun and goofy shows and always look forward to it. Either way I'm thankful for all the guys hard work they put in for all the laughs over the past few years. Especially Ben for crating such a rich world and having to come up with stuff on the fly when things inevitably go nuts. Blackpot still the GOAT arc.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would be sad to see it go, definitely one of more fun and goofy shows and always look forward to it. Either way I'm thankful for all the guys hard work they put in for all the laughs over the past few years. Especially Ben for crating such a rich world and having to come up with stuff on the fly when things inevitably go nuts. Blackpot still the GOAT arc.

If they're bored of D&D, they should just do a Blackpot improv series of shows!

Tsosie

Oct 28, 2017
Buffalo, New York
I also will be sad to see it go. However, as someone that has been a DM for a campaign that has gone on for years I totally understand if Ben and the guys can not keep it up. All tabletop games are time sinks, especially from the DM side of things. I hope that it continues on in some way, but if they feel they need to step away then I will totally understand.

Ryan Bates

Jun 21, 2018

Tabletop being canned would break my heart. My interest in season 2 was waning, but I still listened to every episode because I wanted to see it through, and could not wait for a potential reboot after.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
So, i guess tableptop will be taken off the patreon tier at this rate? Retros have already gone and i imagine game sleuth can't stay on there much longer either with just 7 episodes managed going into year 4. Kinda thought the studio would make things a lot easier and streamlined for them, and it seemed that way at the start, even managing some awesome mini-group streams. Seems they're still spread too thin though sadly and kinda concentrating on the podcasts more than the other stuff which i have to admit i find much more interesting. I'll obviously still support them no matter what but yeah.. it's a bit of a bummer.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

I liked season 1 enough, even with its problems but I dropped off season 2 around episode 7 or 8. One of the weird voices was just too grating and annoying and I couldn't imagine putting up with it for an entire season, so I dropped the show entirely.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Elyse, Blood and Huber have filmed Episode 3 of Life is Strange 2 Spoiler Mode.

The spoiler for me was that Episode 3 is out. That flew past me

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Really happy with the Mental Health Awareness Month shoutout on this week's podcast!! Thanks EZA for being supportive and just generally the nicest gaming community, really nice to hear the gang open up about this topic.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I hope TTE returns. I'm three episodes behind, but it really is one of my favourite online shows. The only EZA content I look forward to more is the EZA Podcast.
Do we have an archive for the Halloween Battle of the Bands they did back at GT?
If we do, I haven't been able to find it. It used to be fully on YouTube, but then the GT Reviews channel got nuked, taking the only official VoD with it. If anyone finds it, I'd like to know about it, too. I've only found this short clip on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gametrailers/videos/gt-battle-of-the-bands/10153319335584285/

Ben Moore

Nov 30, 2017
Tabletop isn't necessarily canned or anything like that. I don't know what's going to happen. I think, just speaking for myself, I need a bit of time not knowing before we decide what exactly is going to happen. I've gotten a lot of joy from Tabletop, and I'm glad so many of you have too, but I think now especially that the season is over it's a good time to step away for a bit, take a breather, and reflect before moving forward one way or another. I think it's healthy.

I realize that may be frustrating to hear, not having any sort of definite answer, but it's where my head and heart are at the moment.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Mysterious Monsters on Monday. Blood, Chris, and Pam as the contestants.
Also: *Please note, Huber is not looking into the wrong camera we just lost the footage for that camera. :(

Oct 26, 2017
Tabletop needs a whole new settting... or even a new system (Vampire would be cool). Or shuffle the players a little bit, maybe other allies want to play?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
More D&D and only replace people who don't want to play anymore for me. They'd probably have to look outside for other players, as Jones has other commitments he's constantly talking about, Don probably wouldn't want to/couldn't commit to every week and while Damiani is getting more comfortable with improv, he still doesn't think it's where he shines. That leaves Blood and since he hasn't been on Fiasco, I don't think he's down.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I did a quick Google to make sure that Blood hadn't been on a Fiasco and now I wish this was a Fiasco

pnSh5d6.png

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Tabletop isn't necessarily canned or anything like that. I don't know what's going to happen. I think, just speaking for myself, I need a bit of time not knowing before we decide what exactly is going to happen. I've gotten a lot of joy from Tabletop, and I'm glad so many of you have too, but I think now especially that the season is over it's a good time to step away for a bit, take a breather, and reflect before moving forward one way or another. I think it's healthy.

I realize that may be frustrating to hear, not having any sort of definite answer, but it's where my head and heart are at the moment.
I think taking some time to reflect on it is a really smart idea. And I do think the most important part is to make sure you guys are all having fun with it, because that's a big factor into why it's so fun to listen to. And if you wanted to maybe experiment with different formats for a while, or whatever, I think lots of people would be into that too.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I wore my Mario shirt from uniqlo to work today and I got THREE compliments. It's very rare for anyone to comment on my clothing, let alone multiple people in one day.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Looking forward to seeing Don's reaction when I wake up in the morning. Super Mario Maker 2 looks amazing. Co-op and competitive multiplayer! The streaming possibilities for the allies alone...

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I love TTE, but do feel free to take some time. One thing I'd love is to see you get a chance to be a player again. You were one of the best parts of the special episode with Chris Perkins back at GT.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019

Do what you need to do, man. Appreciate the honesty, too!

(I have so many episodes to catch up on, oh my god.)

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

I'm personally still about 30 episodes behind the season finale, so I'm in no hurry to get more, hahaha. I'm sure whatever you come up with next, be it D&D or something else entirely, will be great fun as always.

Oct 25, 2017
TTE is pretty much the only thing of EZA that I don't watch.

So just from my point of view, I'd be happy with it being replaced with something different.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Can TTE be replaced with bringing back Gundam building? I want more weird random memes to be born from this.
"Blow my stickers"
"I play by myself, I play by myseeeelf"
"Oinky oinky!"
"Trintron!"

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
It's out there, but I'd also love to see them try their hand at a MTG draft or just play some Yu-Gi-Oh! or something. Probably too much editing involved for a show like that though...

Oct 25, 2017
If they replace TTE with something else, I hope its not something that requires you to watch the previous episodes. Thats the worst.

Only way that would work for me is if it was really really interesting.

Like, playing a really long game 1 hour each episode. So like ff8 or Persona 4 but with 3 or 4 allies. That FF7 full playthrough was so damn awesome. But that is honestly something I don't see happening again for a while.

I know that kinda steps on full playthroughs a bit. But this would just be a super long play, 1 hour a week.

Thats just my wish personally. We'll see what they do with that 4 hour chunk per week now.

Last edited:

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can TTE be replaced with bringing back Gundam building? I want more weird random memes to be born from this.
"Blow my stickers"
"I play by myself, I play by myseeeelf"
"Oinky oinky!"
"Trintron!"
Top 10 reasons I want Kyle to finish Box Peek:
1. I get to see the ending of Box Peek.
2. We may get Gundam streams back.
3-10. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.