• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Apropos of nothing, I just wanted to link this as it showed up in my YT recs recently.

The episode where Kyle forgot to end it, I remember thinking to myself "oh man here comes a correction" and he saved it at the last second I burst out laughing so hard. Or Wars is so funny, gotta hope there's a bit of a run away for the Scrappy Little Pigs so we can squeeze it in at the end of the year!

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh yeah, I spaced and forgot those streams were completed over months' time...you're right, they definitely won't happen like that again. I think, not to single anyone out, that there was a segment of the community conflating a new studio with a new office space. Fortunately for EZA when you own your own company you don't have to "punch-in" at the office and stay there for the day, but perhaps unfortunately for that segment of the community, they expected the studio would be used in this way. At this point, EZA is still evolving so I know I probably sound like a broken record but I preach patience to everyone, because really this first half of the year has been a bit of a whirlwind. I think once they even finish studio additions and get Ian and Huber back, things may feel a little more familiar.

Aye, growing pains and all. I think what was the more... not frustrating but confusing thing was they actually did quite a few 3-4 people streams when they first moved in to the studio and then just kinda stopped that. Hope they get back to a schedule where that's a thing again.

In other news i've been watching Barry the past few days and it really is brilliant. I can't help but picture Kyle blushing at some of these scenes though lmao.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I hope that post E3 and Ian's return we start to see more multi person studio streams. The first half of this year seems like it's been pretty crazy for the allies. Baby Jones is gonna make the latter half of the year interesting for them as well.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I hope that post E3 and Ian's return we start to see more multi person studio streams. The first half of this year seems like it's been pretty crazy for the allies. Baby Jones is gonna make the latter half of the year interesting for them as well.
I obviously don't know for sure, but it's possible they are holding off on those type of streams because of the full playthrough patreon goal.
But it can be a coincidence. They are for sure very busy at the moment, so who knows.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I made the sacrifice. It was not easy. :/

Thank you. I appreciate the tactful sales pitch, too.

tumblr_nxpi1irQq71rdcoxlo3_500.gif

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How about we have more sex positive games and less of the Mortal Kombat shit.

The games are a reflection of where they are made and published. If you release a game with sex in it, no store in America will sell it, regardless of the context.

Then again, have we actually seen anyone attempt to make a game with sex in it that wasn't pure juvenile titillation?

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The most sex positive game I played may have been The Witcher 3...

But then The Witcher 1 had you collecting women Geralt slept with as trading cards, so it's not all roses, lilacs and gooseberries.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The most sex positive game I played may have been The Witcher 3...

But then The Witcher 1 had you collecting women Geralt slept with as trading cards, so it's not all roses, lilacs and gooseberries.
Yeah the interactions in the third game are a complete far cry from the first.

And yeah a lot of games with sex are made for juvenile purposes, the games with moe blobs with enormous jugs still far, far outweigh the good stuff. Still, would rather more attempts with sex rather than violence. Apparently life is strange 2 just had a really good, natural look at sex although I haven't played it myself

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Am I listening to Kyle Bosman unironically embrace the word "experience"

I need to find a Meow Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
When digging through the GT Twitch archives for old FPFs, I found this very old playthrough (pre-Defy) of Kyle playing Bad Boys Miami Takedown. I knew he'd done the First 15 of it and the Pop Fact, but I didn't know Kyle did a longer playthrough and it's super good. Classic Friday night Kyle.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
All their old playthroughs were excellent, I remember: ico, shovel knight, even the order 18-something...

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
20 mins into the latest podcast and I can start to feel the E3 hype, finally.

This lead up to this year's E3 has been so lacklustre otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
The games are a reflection of where they are made and published. If you release a game with sex in it, no store in America will sell it, regardless of the context.

Then again, have we actually seen anyone attempt to make a game with sex in it that wasn't pure juvenile titillation?

I don't think that's necessarily true.

Something like the new Wolfenstein games have sex, nudity, and a breast feeding scene all without much issue and done quite well.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Lighting is so weird on the podcast stage.

47933091387_bf250681f5_b.jpg

Everyone looks lit to varying degrees, and none of them particularly well. Ben's lighting is coming in a bit too hot, with his forehead shining, but still weirdly warm color temperature, and Brandon and Damiani are off in shadowland, particularly Damiani, whose hat has him sometimes almost completely in shadow.

Compare this to the garage, which was far more evenly lit in its later stages (note that even with Damiani's hat, it still looks good):

47933133423_d65e2d0025_b.jpg

Hope they can work on this. Would be weird if the garage-days E3 coverage looked better than their new studio set.

EDIT: to be fair, it often looks better than the first shot there (from the newest Frame Trap), but it's still pretty inconsistent.

Last edited:

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Lighting is so weird on the podcast stage.

47933091387_bf250681f5_b.jpg

Everyone looks lit to varying degrees, and none of them particularly well. Ben's lighting is coming in a bit too hot, with his forehead shining, but still weirdly warm color temperature, and Brandon and Damiani are off in shadowland, particularly Damiani, whose hat has him sometimes almost completely in shadow.

Compare this to the garage, which was far more evenly lit in its later stages (note that even with Damiani's hat, it still looks good):

47933133423_d65e2d0025_b.jpg

Hope they can work on this. Would be weird if the garage-days E3 coverage looked better than their new studio set.

EDIT: to be fair, it often looks better than the first shot there (from the newest Frame Trap), but it's still pretty inconsistent.

Ian "The Lighting Guru" Hinck will be back for E3 so I think the lighting will be dialed in just a bit to have them looking their best. Definitely noticed when Ian's not around, no matter the show, the lighting comes in a bit hot...part of learning the ins and out of the studio I assume.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017

TL;DR: Ian is frustrated that Dark Souls got banned from the Hall of Greats, concludes that his next pick should be something catered to the tastes of the other Allies, and is crowdsourcing that pick. Any popular option or good pitch commented on his video will be considered for his next Hall of Greats nomination.

Here's my pitch comment, in case anyone wants to be a pal and Like it for more visibility, and/or tell me whether or not my reasoning is bogus:
I think either Kingdom Hearts or Kingdom Hearts II would be a sure winner for the majority of the Allies, but I'm not sure which would be better.

Kingdom Hearts is a groundbreaking Action RPG that has influenced the entire genre. Brandon and Damiani are both suckers for historical relevance, and will respect that you picked the starting point. It also is the game in the franchise that ties the Disney stuff most into the narrative, which makes it a really joyful and whimsical story with a lot of heart. There's your Ben and Kyle votes. The franchise as a whole is also very close to Brad's heart, so I think he'll give at least one werehog to almost any Kingdom Hearts game.

On the other hand, Kingdom Hearts II arguably has the most satisfying and polished gameplay. The battle system is so much more fluid and makes you feel like so much more of a badass than the first KH, and therefore will net you a Huber vote and a more confident Brad vote. However, this is where the story gets really convoluted and hard to take seriously. Kyle in particular will dunk on this aspect very hard and you may lose his and other votes if you don't have a satisfying counterargument.

So I think the first Kingdom Hearts is the way to go. It may not have the best gameplay, but the gameplay is still quite good, and it remains the game that delivers most on the franchise's high concept. Also, it's the beginning, which makes it the best place to start.

Kingdom Hearts: a guaranteed Great.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
... Have Ian nominate Super Smash Bros.

I want you all to imagine Ian pitching Super Smash Bros to the other allies.

It's art waiting to happen.

Alternatively, the allies don't put any votes for it and the internet burns Hall of Greats to the ground. Either way, Ian wins.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
TL;DR: Ian is frustrated that Dark Souls got banned from the Hall of Greats, concludes that his next pick should be something catered to the tastes of the other Allies, and is crowdsourcing that pick. Any popular option or good pitch commented on his video will be considered for his next Hall of Greats nomination.

I kinda wonder why he framed it as "Destroying" the Hall of greats tho.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Really gone off the podcast lately. You have an hour and 20 minutes, most of which is taken by updates, corrections, games and podcast halftime. There's barely any depth to the news discussion.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
If Ian wants to destroy hall of greats the real way to do it is to bring a game that other allies like and give it the worst presentation ever. Like, mention everything that's bad about it and say nothing good. During cross examination, just agree with anyone bringing up bad points and if they try to make their questions be about good things disagree with them.

In the face of the other serious submissions it would be difficult for even fans of the game to use one of their votes for it after a presentation like that, so hopefully it gets 0 votes and you get the game banned for a year.

Last edited:

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really gone off the podcast lately. You have an hour and 20 minutes, most of which is taken by updates, corrections, games and podcast halftime. There's barely any depth to the news discussion.

You couldn't be more wrong.
By the way, not everything in life is free.

Those sponsors help out a lot.
What a post SMH.

Five minute Podcast Halftime btw...

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i cant remember if silent hill 2 competed or not, but thats a good bet, super smash bros is good too, there's no blue bomber too so i would try the one most people say is the best is megaman 2.
sonic 2 or 3 could be a good bet too
final fantasy tactics is also a good bet since there's lots of rpg fans in easy allies

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
i cant remember if silent hill 2 competed or not, but thats a good bet, super smash bros is good too, there's no blue bomber too so i would try the one most people say is the best is megaman 2.
sonic 2 or 3 could be a good bet too
final fantasy tactics is also a good bet since there's lots of rpg fans in easy allies
Ian already brought Silent Hill 2 before (twice, you can check it here: http://hallofgreats.com). I'm almost sure he is doing just what Aero is saying. He is going to bring a great game and not defend it. I understand where he is coming from, but I hope he doesn't end up killing HoG.

I don't think Sonic has as big of a chance to get in as some other games. They will eventually, but there are plenty of games they will vote in before it. Final Fantasy Tactics does seem like a good bet from how I hear most of them talk about it.

That said, the most important thing is which games get brought by everybody else. If there is only one or none extremely popular choice, most games that get brought have a chance (because almost all of them are great games). If you are unlucky and there are 4 other contenders, there is always a chance it won't get votes. Especially if there are similar games that get nominated (like last time with Dark Souls and Sekiro).

I am sure Dark Souls will get in eventually, it was just unlucky this time.

Last edited:

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The 5 minute segment that brings in thousands of dollars on Patreon?

Weird flex.

Each to there own, I think the podcast is greater than the sum of its parts.

You couldn't be more wrong.
By the way, not everything in life is free.

Those sponsors help out a lot.
What a post SMH.

Five minute Podcast Halftime btw...

You have no right to tell me my opinion on a podcast is wrong. Get real.

I'm not saying podcast halftime needs to go. I'm saying they could afford to make the core discussions a little longer.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's no such thing as a wrong opinion.

I'm not saying podcast halftime needs to go. I'm saying they could afford to make the core discussions a little longer.

Podcast half time is five minutes and people pay for support EZA for that spot.

Why does it bug you so much? Specifically podcast half time.

Why would someone even bring that up? An Quip ad I understand but these are actually patreons, wow.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
There's no such thing as a wrong opinion.

I understand where you are coming from, but this is what the EZA podcast always has been (even during the GT days as far as I remember). It's a fun, lighthearted podcast which talks about news and has some games and patreon questions.

It depends on how much news there is and if it's close to E3 or not. It's also because Kyle doesn't seem to want the podcast to be as long as Frame Trap and that's the only option to have more discussions. Create a longer podcast (which I totally get why he doesn't want to).

They can't create the news themselves.

Last edited:

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Podcast Half time is not part of core discussion, why someone would bring that up is beyond me.

"taken up by podcast half time" ... what

Status
Not open for further replies.