• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Why are you all stuck on podcast halftime when he mentioned other stuff besides that. I agree with him, excluding the halftime stuff

Oct 28, 2017
Lighting is so weird on the podcast stage.

47933091387_bf250681f5_b.jpg

Everyone looks lit to varying degrees, and none of them particularly well. Ben's lighting is coming in a bit too hot, with his forehead shining, but still weirdly warm color temperature, and Brandon and Damiani are off in shadowland, particularly Damiani, whose hat has him sometimes almost completely in shadow.

Compare this to the garage, which was far more evenly lit in its later stages (note that even with Damiani's hat, it still looks good):

47933133423_d65e2d0025_b.jpg

Hope they can work on this. Would be weird if the garage-days E3 coverage looked better than their new studio set.

EDIT: to be fair, it often looks better than the first shot there (from the newest Frame Trap), but it's still pretty inconsistent.
i tought lightning was a bit odd on the last regular podcast too, but maybe it's just me

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Really gone off the podcast lately. You have an hour and 20 minutes, most of which is taken by updates, corrections, games and podcast halftime. There's barely any depth to the news discussion.
Games? The show is a gaming podcast. Why would you complain about them talking about games too much, lol

It usually takes about 15 minutes to get through the intro, corrections, and updates, and then podcast halftime adds another 5 minutes.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TL;DR: Ian is frustrated that Dark Souls got banned from the Hall of Greats, concludes that his next pick should be something catered to the tastes of the other Allies, and is crowdsourcing that pick. Any popular option or good pitch commented on his video will be considered for his next Hall of Greats nomination.

Here's my pitch comment, in case anyone wants to be a pal and Like it for more visibility, and/or tell me whether or not my reasoning is bogus:

i'll have to give you that, kingdom hearts getting in would definetely destroy the HoG.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Thia thread is too much sometimes. That person had a legit grievance and all just tore them apart for no reason.

The podcast is a bit too structured sometimes. It reminds me a bit of kinda funny games daily where they spend so much time going through the rigamarole that theres not much discussion of the actual news.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Thia thread is too much sometimes. That person had a legit grievance and all just tore them apart for no reason.

The podcast is a bit too structured sometimes. It reminds me a bit of kinda funny games daily where they spend so much time going through the rigamarole that theres not much discussion of the actual news.
I don't think he was "torn apart", but I guess you can see it that way. It think that's a bit too strong to describe the reactions.

I personally think it's a bit weird as this podcast has been like this since the GT days and there are tens of other gaming podcasts which are news only.
That said, I can understand that the structure of the podcast isn't for everybody. I did also notice that the new introduction (even though I love that segment), dus take some time and the last podcast really took some time to get going. I personally don't mind that at all as I love all that banter, but I can't deny it's true.

I honestly think it's selling point for the podcast, I have said it before but doing what 100s of other channels are doing is suicide. You need a unique selling point and you need to be yourself to have an easier time for people to watch your show. The EZA podcast is unique because of Kyle's structure. I do agree it's very strict, but that's how Kyle loves to do it. The opposite of that was Ian and Elyse's Mandatory Update Nights (but I guess the non-structured format was mainly Ian, see Easy Update) .

I love both, but that's not the way most people would structure their show. People usually love structure. It's just how most people are.
As far as I remember, a lot of people weren't too down on Mandatory Update Nights.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, when there's enough big news to discuss, the balance is always much more in favor of news during the podcast. Sometimes there's just not a lot to discuss.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at the ridiculously low bets for the amount of Total War reviews. The Total War games are all multi-million sellers.

I mean, when there's enough big news to discuss, the balance is always much more in favor of news during the podcast. Sometimes there's just not a lot to discuss.

Pretty much, they do more of it when there's less big news. Not to mention that they also have Frame Trap and Friend Code to cover more stuff.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately for those who've had issues with the podcast, the next month should be packed as they cover publishers leading up to E3, the always entertaining E3 live episode, and then likely a "Rank the Significanice" episode to wrap up E3. So hopefully that superfecta will satiate you!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately for those who've had issues with the podcast, the next month should be packed as they cover publishers leading up to E3, the always entertaining E3 live episode, and then likely a "Rank the Significanice" episode to wrap up E3. So hopefully that superfecta will satiate you!

They're not doing a live one this year. Recording one before Nintendo's Direct even.

Makes sense, since there's no peanut gallery in the studio! Crossing my fingers for live Noodles and Broth still though... Might actually ask Jones about that for CoJ tomorrow.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

My dad died on Friday at 11:15AM. I had been with him for the past few months while he was in hospice, and I am grateful that we could all be with him when he died. I miss him very much, he was a wonderful man.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I'm glad he was able to spend some time with his dad, I feel so bad for him.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Dr. Hinck raised a wonderful son.

For those who didn't have the pleasure, he guest-starred in a truly fiascotastic superhero adventure:

I think people here would also be familiar with him from other videos Ian did, but maybe someone else will want to link those.

Love to Ian and his family and Respect for making the best of his time with his dad.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is so sad. I always enjoyed the glimpses we saw of Ian's dad on Fiasconauts and on various Easy Update episodes. He seemed like a wonderful person. Ian and his family are in my thoughts.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
I had a feeling the lack of appearances was something family related and didn't want to pry by asking about it.. My condolences to Ian and the rest of his family.

Last edited:

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Sad news for sure. I also had a feeling Ian's absence was related to something like this, but of course I was hoping that wasn't the case.

He definitely seemed like a wonderful person when got to see him in his EZA appearances. I'm grateful we got to see that.

My condolences.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Thats awful, my condolences to Ian and his family. His dad was great in Fiasco and updates, I was worried it was going to be something like this.

Ryan Bates

Jun 21, 2018
Man. It is simply unfair to have to go through what Ian has had to endure with his parents. I am very grateful for all Ian does. I hope having the months with his dad helped with his grief

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
RIP, always a great guest whenever he showed up in an eza video. I likes the one of him and ian riding around in bikes.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Best wishes to Ian and family, that shit is rough. At least being part of EZA meant that he was able to spend time with his dad in these last few months.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even imagine how difficult it must have been for Ian and his family this past few months. So sad. Prayers out to the entire Hinck family.

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Hinck raised a wonderful son.

For those who didn't have the pleasure, he guest-starred in a truly fiascotastic superhero adventure:

I think people here would also be familiar with him from other videos Ian did, but maybe someone else will want to link those.

Love to Ian and his family and Respect for making the best of his time with his dad.

Shit, he didn't even look that old. Looked healthy.

Damn.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goodness this broke my heart. I distinctly remember his Fiasconauts appearance as well as the bike riding in Easy Update, which have already been posted.

RIP and my deepest love and respect to Ian and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.