• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
d58.png
I'm calling that a tie =3

Stupid load times lady! She said it twice!

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with Ian on that one. Decent but not amazing conference. Some high points (Keanu obviously) but lots of CG and nothing mind blowing

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, that was a pretty underwhelming show.

Like, what in the actual fuck with no Gears or Halo gameplay at all.

That part I can't even explain.

And that Scarlett reveal was not what it was hyped up to be.

Overall, that was a pretty middle of the road show. Gave it a 6. I could probably go 5, which I think is average for me.

Indominus

Jan 11, 2018
I was super sceptical about the allies been in separate rooms, but it works really well. Sorry for doubting.

Oct 25, 2017
The Gears 5 and Wasteland 3 trailers were so fucking bad.

I already said it in the other thread but I scored that conference a C. Overall a good conference but completely unremarkable.

Like, you can't come into the second E3 with Gears 5 and Halo, your tentpole franchises, and not show a single second of footage.

That is so dumb, that I still can't believe it happened. Especially Gears 5.

I can't believe that happened.

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the Bosman bit.

Keighley was not impressed, lol.

He tried to save Kyle from his own bit by trying to move on, but Kyle doubled down on it, hahahaha.

I think Keighley was legit pissed at Kyles bit.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Bosman got "scoops" on what the next gen consoles look like.

Absolute dog shit drawings Kyle possibly did while drunk, and each console had stupid features. Like the PS5 had a piece of poop on top of it.
That sounds like Kyle isn't doing it next year.
I suspect they aren't going to cut that up and put that on youtube in parts then. I usually try to check out Kyle's parts of the show on there, oh well.

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like Kyle isn't doing it next year.
I suspect they aren't going to cut that up and put that on youtube in parts then. I usually try to check out Kyle's parts of the show on there, oh well.

Keighley legit said after that something like "Lets just scrubbed that from the channel and move on"

Like, he was "joking", but not really. Keighley legit hated it.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess it won't get clipped out on the gameslice channel.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Keighley legit said after that something like "Lets just scrubbed that from the channel and move on"

Like, he was "joking", but not really. Keighley legit hated it.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess it won't get clipped out on the gameslice channel.
That's not good after the whole "letters from upcoming games" debacle 2 or 3 years ago (which I really liked, but some dev(s?) which I shall not name clearly didn't).

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the bit. Was hilarious. Didn't remotely get the impression that Keighley hated it. Keighley knows exactly who Bosman is, and the bit was super Bosman.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the bit. Was hilarious. Didn't remotely get the impression that Keighley hated it. Keighley knows exactly who Bosman is, and the bit was super Bosman.

I really could go either way on it...

When he said "I'm sorry folks, we were running short" it could definitely be part of the bit, but it could also have been legitimate. Either way, hopefully he can appreciate what Kyle brings to the table.

Personally, I thought it was pretty funny, but I don't think it was Bosman at his best.

Sucks that Kyle is banned from YouTube, E3, Patreon and Keighley's bathroom after leaking every next gen console.

That one needs to go to trial. The bathroom is the one place where leaking should be totally acceptable!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I really could go either way on it...

When he said "I'm sorry folks, we were running short" it could definitely be part of the bit, but it could also have been legitimate. Either way, hopefully he can appreciate what Kyle brings to the table.

Personally, I thought it was pretty funny, but I don't think it was Bosman at his best.

That one needs to go to trial. The bathroom is the one place where leaking should be totally acceptable!
Keighley is a professional. He would never apologize on the air for the person he's talking to in front of that person. Come on bud. Keighley played very well off of Kyle.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I think people are getting confused because they don't think of Geoff Keighley as having a sense of humour. Especially for the kind of stuff Kyle likes. It's the Ryan Seacrest syndrome.

Oct 25, 2017

I disagree.

90k people watching. Keighley knows when something is funny and it isn't especially when you try and end it early.

Not everyone knows who Bosman is. And he apologized to the people watching and didn't want to see the Twitter feedback they usually do after each segment.

But lets see. Will Gameslice clip that segment out and put it on the youtube channel? So far no.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree.

90k people watching. Keighley knows when something is funny and it isn't especially when you try and end it early.

Not everyone knows who Bosman is. And he apologized to the people watching.

But lets see. Will Gameslice clip that segment out and put it on the youtube channel? So far no.
You seriously think Kyle came in and, completely unrehearsed, brought terrible drawings that are totally his style when Keighley thought...what..that he really had console leaks?

Oct 25, 2017
You seriously think Kyle came in and completely unrehearsed brought terrible drawings that are totally his style when Keighley thought...what..that he really had console leaks?

Huh?

I don't think Keighley goes to Bosmans house the day before and they practice the bit together.
Kyle has said before he discusses multiple bits with someone who works there and they pick which one he does.

I doubt Keighley is even aware of most of the bit. Kyle was reading off a script and Keighley was just going off the cuff, reacting to it.

I don't really want to go to hard on Kyle, because I found it amusing.

And maybe Keighley hating it was harsh. But I think he knew the bit wasn't working and wanted to move the fuck on ASAP.

At the end of the day, this isn't a big deal. I don't want to start getting in arguments over it.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Keighley is a professional. He would never apologize on the air for the person he's talking to in front of that person.

You are probably right here, but Keighley has thrown a little shade before, too. I would say he was lacking a little professional courtesy after Devil Trigger was performed at the last Game Awards (admittedly, it did sound pretty bad, but I think that had little to do with the band and EVERYTHING to do with the setup). The was also the Angry Joe business... He can be a little snippy, he isn't always a consummate professional.

Though, to reiterate, you are probably right. I imagine he was just playing along with the bit.

Come on bud. Keighley played very well off of Kyle.

Ha, well if there is one thing we can be sure of it is that Keighley isn't an actor. I think he did his best with the bit, but I wouldn't say it played off of Kyle "very well". He did the best he could.

Last edited:

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I think you guys are reading way, way too much into this. Keighley is definitely in on the bit. The entire sequence is rehearsed. It was hilarious on both fronts, especially with Geoff burning Kyle at the end.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
FFS Geoff ends with "I guess you're going right back to Easy Allies, good luck with that Patreon"
Of course it's a fucking bit
If Keighley doesn't know Kyle's style of humour by now after bringing him in for countless gigs....
Good grief

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Keighley played into the bit from the first second to the last. He performed exactly the role you'd want Kyle's opposite to perform if it was a sketch.

You can tell it was rehearsed because Kyle managed to keep a (relatively) straight face throughout it, until Keighley threw in the unscripted dig at the end. And also by how quickly Kyle reacted to Keighley's attempts to move on or point out the ridiculousness of the premisse. But mostly by how Kyle kept a straight face.

I can't tell if I'm now in a bit because people made me think they think it's not a bit but know it's a bit and them not knowing it's a bit is the real bit.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
FFS Geoff ends with "I guess you're going right back to Easy Allies, good luck with that Patreon"
Of course it's a fucking bit
If Keighley doesn't know Kyle's style of humour by now after bringing him in for countless gigs....
Good grief

There were two people who thought Keighley may have been somewhat serious and one person that thought it was possible Keighley was being partially serious. I don't think anyone was particularly worked up about it. People are just chatting... Take some deep breaths. It is all going to be okay.

But yes, you are likely correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.