• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
There were two people who thought Keighley may have been somewhat serious and one person that thought it was possible Keighley was being partially serious. I don't think anyone was particularly worked up about it. People are just chatting... Take some deep breaths. It is all going to be okay.

But yes, you are likely correct.

Your concerns about my respiratory functions are noted. Bless.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Your concerns about my respiratory functions are noted. Bless.

I got your back. ;)

Keighley finds Bosman delightful. I don't know how anyone can watch that and think he was mad.

Honestly, Keighley has always looked like the angriest man alive to me. It is part of his charm (unless Kojima is around, that is, then the man is made of butter).

P.S. Watching that clip again it is hard for me to see why I thought it could go either ways. I accept the flak for questioning the bit. Never questions the bit... it is always a bit.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
That was not funny except for the anaconda drawing.
Yeah, it's weird how comedy works. I really liked it myself and found it pretty funny, but I can totally understand that not everybody is going to like this at all.
I did like the Anaconda drawing the most as well and Geoff had trouble not laughing when he saw it.

Edit:
But I'm gonna get some sleep now as it's way too late/early. Luckily it's only starting again around 6pm tomorrow for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's weird how comedy works. I really liked it myself and found it pretty funny, but I can totally understand that not everybody is going to like this at all.
I usually like Kyle's humor and chuckled at the end with Keighley saying 'good luck with that patreon' but the first part is just not funny to me. Maybe if i didn't know Kyle i would find it funnier cause it's very weird. Anyway i'm going to sleep lol. I'm surprised you're up aswell, you're belgian too right?

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I usually like Kyle's humor and chuckled at the end with Keighley saying 'good luck with that patreon' but the first part is just not funny to me. Maybe if i didn't know Kyle i would find it funnier cause it's very weird. Anyway i'm going to sleep lol. I'm surprised you're up aswell, you're belgian too right?
Yeah, I am.
My thoughts exactly.

Good night.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
So what were everyone's thoughts on the studio setup today? I know some of you had concerns it wouldn't feel like the garage - do you feel otherwise now, or would still prefer a single room? No condescension intended, just genuinely curious!

For me, today was a huge success for them. The multi-cam/room setup felt very natural and portends well for the future of the studio, with the variety of things for which they could use this same setup.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
So what were everyone's thoughts on the studio setup today? I know some of you had concerns it wouldn't feel like the garage - do you feel otherwise now, or would still prefer a single room? No condescension intended, just genuinely curious!

For me, today was a huge success for them. The multi-cam/room setup felt very natural and portends well for the future of the studio, with the variety of things for which they could use this same setup.
Looked incredible. By far the most professional they've ever looked at EZA. Actually probably the best they've ever looked at E3, even including GT.

2015:
48034561461_dca0c7824e_o.png

2016:
48034561676_f8c18b49f9_o.png

2017:
48034608468_42b69d8dc1_o.png

2018:
48034585671_8638574af1_o.png

2019:
48034674057_5b97a487ec_o.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

My biggest fear was sound.

Glad everyone could hear each other instantly.

Also, I like the screens in the background. I hope each podcast or whatever gets their own graphic on there.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
That's not good after the whole "letters from upcoming games" debacle 2 or 3 years ago (which I really liked, but some dev(s?) which I shall not name clearly didn't).
Yeah... That segment was amazing, but unfortunately rubbed some devs the wrong way.
Do you mean Dear Bosman? Not afraid to name names here...David Jaffe getting upset isn't exactly what I'd call a debacle. More like par for the course. While I get that he probably gets a ton of shit for putting himself out in front of his projects, he's not exactly known for being thick-skinned.

As far as I'm concerned, Kyle went in on Drawn to Death and Battleborn and came out on the right side of history.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I always knew everything would be fine. Just gotta believe in the allies. They always kill it at E3.

Really doesn't seem like a big deal to me. They only ever had four or five people on the main cam anyway. Now we will have the same on the main cam this here, and then a small cam on the bottom left with the streaming space people, and a small cam on the bottom right with the control room person. As long as they can all hear each other, there shouldn't be too much in the way of interference.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO people out here not in the bit... The allies look mint btw. Shout outs to Damiani looking SHARP.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Stream setup today was excellent. I was a little worried about the audio levels (I always get nervous about "hey chat, does the audio sound ok?", since twitch chat, as a general rule, can never agree on anything), but everything was basically great all the way through.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
The smash world championship stream was jolly as hell.
Got me thinking, i'd love to watch some games done quick runs with them this way.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just wanted to say I watched the conferences with a big group today and in-between each one I'd throw on different streams like ign , giant bomb , kinda funny ect. EVERYONE in my household commented how professional the EZA guys looked and handled the recaps. I was really happy to have introduced my friends to my favorite crew. Eza are the best in the biz and I seriously mean that. Thank you all for being incredibly insightful, professional and passionate about video games.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Crossfire is the most played game in the world but I and also the Allies had no idea what it was.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
I also wanted to reflect what some others have said: The set-up and the demeanor of the Allies has never been more professional. Open to hype and emotional outbursts, but professional in the reflections upon them.

Watched last night's Microsoft presser with two others friends (new to EZA) and they loved it. I also got the inevitable "he sounds like the gametrailers guy"

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Do you mean Dear Bosman? Not afraid to name names here...David Jaffe getting upset isn't exactly what I'd call a debacle. More like par for the course. While I get that he probably gets a ton of shit for putting himself out in front of his projects, he's not exactly known for being thick-skinned.

As far as I'm concerned, Kyle went in on Drawn to Death and Battleborn and came out on the right side of history.
One of the reasons that I didn't mention him was that his name was slipping my mind as it was probably 4 or 5 am when I typed that message and because I didn't really want to go into that whole thing again since it has been closed and I'm not sure if there is a good reason to really open that up. I'm sorry if I did.

I completely agree with you though.
Did they stream devolver? Can't find the vod on twitch
They did, it was right after Bethesda.
I believe they had 10 minutes after Bethesda, did a quick post-show, watched Devolver and then did the rest of the Bethesda post-show.
So my guess would be that it's still in the Bethesda vod. Probably an hour to 1.5 hours before they stopped? I don't know how long it kept going after they stopped streaming.

Edit:
Apparently Blood cut it out (or someone of the mods). Thanks Blood (or Kristen? or whoever else can do these things on their channel).
My guess is that it will be on youtube shortly.

If you want it in the full VOD, It starts at around here:

Last edited:

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday's coverage was really good, best in the business for these kind of videos. The suits are the icing on the cake and a neat tradition. Damiani looked great in suit and tie.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
I honestly wasn't worried about the E3 coverage setup. I think the only comment I really had from last year was to just keep the cameras rolling rather than cut to the splash screens for seat changeovers and stuff. I don't think they want to do that which is fine. It was a minor thing but I remember it led to some funny moments like Damiani leaning back out of camera shot to catch some zzzs in a late night segment.

Good stuff. Can't think of anything I would change. They are my go to stream for the press conferences now and have been for the last few years

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Dude I was out in the heatwave today. No thanks.

You need to play the reversal card and go with tank top and short shorts ensemble, Blood. It would also help you manage the heat! Also, on a related note, fuck heatwaves.

Looked incredible. By far the most professional they've ever looked at EZA. Actually probably the best they've ever looked at E3, even including GT.

I love how committed to improving the allies are. You can really see all that Patreon money going to good use. Their E3 presentation this year has been absurdly clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.