• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I can already feel that those screens will be gone after E3 for some weird reason that doesnt make any sense lol. Similar to when they changed logos when entering the studio but didnt change the main one
If their gone afterwards, it's because they rented them out. Which does make sense if the budget was too high for them to buy them.
I do think they are a good value to add to the studio though.

Edit:
Ninja'd
But it's good news if they are added for good.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I find it weird people are bugged by close ups. How could it make you "uncomfortable" ?. No different than tv.

Chat was loving it. Same with sub only chat.

Hope they don't change it because a couple of people in here don't like it
Ian is great on then switcher.

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind the close ups if all the cameras were the same frame rate.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Could you elaborate on this comment? What is the effect of cameras not having the same frame rate? I am out of my depth here, but I am curious.

Just annoying to have 60fps on the wide shot, then have it be more choppy on the close. Sounds like it might be an XSplit issue though as the feed of the conference is framey too. While prefer the smoother feed, It'd be less jarring if they just turned it down on the wider shot even.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Just annoying to have 60fps on the wide shot, then have it be more choppy on the close. Sounds like it might be an XSplit issue though as the feed of the conference is framey too. While prefer the smoother feed, It'd be less jarring if they just turned it down on the wider shot even.
It got framey a couple of times during the last two days for me.
I tried a lot of different things, but even turning it down to 240p didn't solve it, so I am almost positive it's not on my end.
It also happened on the PS4 app, which usually doesn't have that problem. I am actually unsure what was causing it, but it was very distracting. Sometimes it looked like they were airing at 15 fps or so and the image got OOS. Usually it was just small stutters each 5 or 10 seconds or so. Sometimes there weren't problems for an hour at a time either. It was really weird.

So, I think their stream had some problems, maybe Xsplit has issues with not every camerafeed being the same FPS.
It's possible it was Twitch that had problems as I have seen other people complaining about it, but not every time I had problems.

I do believe it was better after their lunchbreak just before the Bethesda conference. I think they rebooted the computer or made some changes in XSplit as they quit the stream for some time. You could hear a USB device unplug and then they stopped the stream.

I can't remember a lot of stutters after that any more.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't catch that, but I will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Euhm, why are the whole conference reactions not on youtube yet?
The long multi-hour streams take time to process on YouTube, and inevitably end up with weird issues. I had to re-do Xbox and let it process overnight. Bethesda is being annoying and saying it's still processing even though I can watch the whole thing fine on the back end. So I may need to re-do that one as well.

Oct 27, 2017
The long multi-hour streams take time to process on YouTube, and inevitably end up with weird issues. I had to re-do Xbox and let it process overnight. Bethesda is being annoying and saying it's still processing even though I can watch the whole thing fine on the back end. So I may need to re-do that one as well.
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for all the hard work

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I still can't believe they OPENED with "Load times" like god damn you and your magical powers Huber.
I can almost guarantee you that they even would have talked about it if Sony didn't do it before them. It's just a huge difference/upgrade compared to previous generations of consoles since they changed to CD based systems. I was 95% positive they were going to mention load times. Especially after Sony did with those impressive demos.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't catch that, but I will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Don't! It's one of those things that if you don't see it, ignorance is bliss. I ended up making a bunch of people in our chat notice it when they hadn't before!

Linus at Linus Tech Tips was saying before the weekend that YouTubes encoding on long videos has gone really weird over the last week and a half. They streamed a WAN show to YouTube and the stream worked fine, but it refused to process as a VOD. It kept thinking it was longer than it was and corrupting itself.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Don't! It's one of those things that if you don't see it, ignorance is bliss. I ended up making a bunch of people in our chat notice it when they hadn't before!
Plus, some people are not that susceptible to stuff like that, while others are.
I tend to notice image and audio glitches as well and it's not always a good thing to have.

I remember watching movies back int he day with friends and me having to fiddle with setting during the movie because I saw stutter while none of my friends understood what I was talking about. It sucks.

I also see plasma trails on my (now way too old, I believe it's over 10 years old) plasma tv, especially when it was new, while none of my friends who had similar models saw them. I especially saw them while playing pinball games and the chrome pinball had yellow and green trails behind it. It's very weird to have other people say that they don't know what you are talking about if you notice it so clearly.

Last edited:

Wrynnax

Oct 29, 2017
Just have to say that the intro to the Xbox e3 reactions is so well done! They're getting so pro right now!

Oct 25, 2017
Re-watching that Bosman bit was great. When it was live, it felt way more awkward for some reason. And of course Keighley was in on the whole thing. He wouldn't let Kyle just do whatever. He likes playing the straight man to Bosman's absurdity. It's their schtick/Schick.

Schick-Game-Awards-1.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
That's the point :p

It's like The Office, deadpan humor etc.
Oh for sure. And Kyle thrives off of people mis-reading his bits, so an angry chat is his best friend.

I should ask him sometime who his comedy heroes are. Has anyone ever asked this? Very curious who he looks up to. My guess would be no one, because that seems like the most Kyle answer of all...

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
I was only able to watch Xbox last night but what an excellent reaction stream. Set up was perfect and the whole thing was really professional. Reflected in the viewership too I think.

Congrats EZA

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Anybody else having trouble viewing their ticket on Shock or Scoff? Mine won't load...
It works/loads for me now, but I remember having to allow something in the extensions of one of my browsers.
I don't remember what domain/script though. I'm not sure where it's hosted, but it looks like they are using amazon's S3 (shockorscoff.s3.amazonaws.com)
It's probably something like privacy badger or umatrix or noscript that's blocking it?

What username are you using? So somebody else can check if it loads for them.

Edit:
Oh, you got the website creator to help you out.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Dude (we all Bosman now?) studio is indoors. If one person is, everyone should be. Can just toss a jacket on.

The man already explained why he isn't wearing a suit. The fact that we went out of his way to explain why he dressed the way he did is already him going above and beyond. You doubling down on your demands, and then mocking the wording in his reply, is just ridiculous. Don't be that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.