• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, really shitty news. Aside from Milo's birth, it seems like the Allies are having as bad a year as my family. :/

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My...my heart is breaking right now. I knew something was up but didn't realize it was his brother. Cancer is one hell of monster and it's taken too many people away from us, and especially the Allies this year. I'm hoping he takes all the time he needs. I can't imagine someone as jolly as Huber who wears his heart on his sleeves is going through right now. May he rest in peace.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man just saw the news. Condolences to Huber and his family. Such awful news and could not imagine what he is going through.

Stay strong brother and know you have people to lean on the world over!

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
On a brighter note, the final Achieve It Yourself today was delightful. Really hope that series makes a comeback in the future.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I have to be honest, while I get the appeal of shows like achieve it yourself and fancy fifteen...

I really miss the And For That Reason format. Or at least trying to get a new patreon exclusive show that isn't gameplay.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be doing these shows. But to be honest, I really hope the next patreon exclusive is something similar to AFTR.

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
I would really love if EZA changed there tiers to
50,000 = Fullplay Funday
52,000 = EZALive

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Im a broke college student in nyc but I just had to put in a couple dollars to the gofundme huber posted.

Ive seen tons of gofundme's for medical stuff but seeing one from someone like huber hits home. Our country is sucha mess that people pass away/try to stay alive just has potential to put you in scary amounts of debt is fucked.

Oct 27, 2017
Im a broke college student in nyc but I just had to put in a couple dollars to the gofundme huber posted.

Ive seen tons of gofundme's for medical stuff but seeing one from someone like huber hits home. Our country is sucha mess that people pass away/try to stay alive just has potential to put you in scary amounts of debt is fucked.
Yeah that's crazy to me. I just read the page, his borhter was a lawyer. I don't understand how money would be a big issue. This kind of stuff is so much different here in EU, life insurances and all that would easily cover these costs

trineo_feo

Oct 27, 2017
It blows my mind that people in the richest country in the world need to create Gofundmes to cover medical expenses. I don't know if my American friends understand how crazy this is from a European perspective. You guys really need some changes.

My thoughts go to Huber's family. I'm sure his brother was awesome like him.

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017
It blows my mind that people in the richest country in the world need to create Gofundmes to cover medical expenses. I don't know if my American friends understand how crazy this is from a European perspective. You guys really need some changes.

My thoughts go to Huber's family. I'm sure his brother was awesome like him.
Might wanna read the actual gofundme page. It's not about medical expenses, it's about the burial and things that follow.
This isn't any different from the EU.

My aunt recently passed away. She was cremated and got a small plate on top of her grave with a small engraving. Just that including the burial ceremony costed like 5000€.
Burials can be pretty expensive and there's usually some other things along to settle.

trineo_feo

Oct 27, 2017
Might wanna read the actual gofundme page. It's not about medical expenses, it's about the burial and things that follow.

My aunt recently passed away. She was cremated and got a small plate on top of her grave with a small engraving. Just that including the burial ceremony costed like 5000€.
Burials can be pretty expensive and there's usually some other things along to settle.
You are right, it does say it's for the burial. But the goal is 20k, which made me think it must be for more things than that.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
You are right, it does say it's for the burial. But the goal is 20k, which made me think it must be for more things than that.
They just lost one of their incomes. I am sure there are a lot of other things that they need to cover next to the actual burial.
I also don't have a clue how much those are in LA, but my guess is that those are a "rip-off" in most of the world (which I absolutely detest, preying upon people who just lost someone should be forbidden by law).

I did give a bit to the gofundme even though I usually don't do that as I can miss it and I want to help Hubers family in all of this.

Last edited:

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Seeing someone you love so much go away so early is absolutely devastating. I hope Huber can pass the good things his brother passed unto him, back into the world.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019

Penny I hope you're doing well

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Greg probably brought in most of the income for his family, and likely had very expensive medical bills in his fight with cancer. $20,000 to cover the burial, paying off the remaining medical expenses, and probably money to relocate the family somewhere cheaper is likely low balling.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I just buried a grandfather who was basically a second dad to me last Friday. Everything required for the most basic service and burial added up to $9000+. Luckily, he already had a plot purchased, so that wasn't an additional $1500+ that had to come out of pocket. Another good thing was that they had been on a payment plan for a few years already and had already put in about $4000 worth of payments. We still had to come up with about $5000 within a week though.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out about Huber's brother. That's so sad with definitely donate to the GoFundMe.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man that pic of his brothers' 4 kids on the playground is the cutest. Makes me sad to know that they won't have their father growing up.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I just buried a grandfather who was basically a second dad to me last Friday. Everything required for the most basic service and burial added up to $9000+. Luckily, he already had a plot purchased, so that wasn't an additional $1500+ that had to come out of pocket. Another good thing was that they had been on a payment plan for a few years already and had already put in about $4000 worth of payments. We still had to come up with about $5000 within a week though.
My condolences.

It has always been insane to me how much it costs to bury/cremate someone.
That stuff can be crazy for people who don't have lot of money to begin with (and I believe it's even mandatory, so it should be so expensive imo).

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
I'm late with watching it, but if the answer is still of interest: Damiani appears around 1:19:55 in the YouTube upload for a brief but impactful cameo.

Thank you very much!
It is still of interest and I have not been able to watch the whole thing myself so have yet to see it. Very grateful for the timestamp. Thanks!

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Damn, Don bought Sea of Solitude on Fantasy Critic. Bad call!

edit: Oh, and Borderlands 3. I'm not too sure about that one either.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Nah, Borderlands 3 will score well
Man EA's E3 2018 was a total bust, let's hope they can do better in the future, starting with Fallen Order, hopefully

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Just heard the Sad news now T_T, R.I.P Hubers Brother. Condolence to Huber, his Family, and Friends.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Honest question, is it a bit that every single time Kyle references Pokemon he gets his facts wrong?

"Do you know how many times I missed a Thunderbolt, dude?"

(That move has 100% accuracy)

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Honest question, is it a bit that every single time Kyle references Pokemon he gets his facts wrong?

"Do you know how many times I missed a Thunderbolt, dude?"

(That move has 100% accuracy)
Knowing Kyle, it might be.
I am sure he knows that move is 100% accuracy.

My guess is he just wants the reactions/comments (or to check if anyone would notice).

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Kyle's just a dude who likes Pokemon, not an expert. I don't think him getting random stuff wrong is a bit, he just confused Thunderbolt and Thunder.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Kyle's just a dude who likes Pokemon, not an expert. I don't think him getting random stuff wrong is a bit, he just confused Thunderbolt and Thunder.
Yep. The other Allies refer to him as their Pokémon expert because he's the one of the group who knows the most about Pokémon, but if you know a lot about Pokémon yourself, you notice him getting stuff wrong all the time. It sometimes made Brandon and his Pokémon shows a bit frustrating to listen to, but y'know, they're trying their best and that's all we can ask of them.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
All my condolences to Huber and his family. Such sad news, left me tear eyed since the allies feel like family. Stay strong Mike !

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Meanwhile you have someone like Steven Crowder out there recording "Change my Mind" episodes about America being superior to other countries. Wat.

Status
Not open for further replies.