• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, that's going to be the case for all Allies and they knew that before starting EZA.
more so for kyle as he's clearly the most popular ally, i don't think it's a coincidence that he's doing something that will never be a financial success in box peek. as he said in that post the safety net of eza allows him to do things he couldn't do on his own.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
don't you think it's a problem when the other 8 people can't carry the brand after 3 years?
They can. But a lot of people love Kyle and it would almost certainly dent the Patreon if he would leave and it would take a while to build back up.
That's nothing against any of the other Allies, that's just how I think it would go.

It might be a bigger hit if Brandon would stop as far as recognition goes (but I don't think Patreon wise). I'm sure the reviews would still be good with others voicing their own review and the quality obviously wouldn't change, but EZA still brings in new people by hearing Brandon's voice.

But again, what are we talking about?
EZA's next phase is going to be announced in 5 hours or so.

Last edited:

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is even happening in this thread today, lol. Farfetch'd bring up this idea to Kyle on one of his Gameboy streams and see if you can get an answer. I kinda feel if Kyle were to leave a wildly successful Patreon, it would be to get a "real job" in the industry instead of placing all the stress of maintaining a Patreon solely on himself.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wtf is even happening in this thread today, lol. Farfetch'd bring up this idea to Kyle on one of his Gameboy streams and see if you can get an answer. I kinda feel if Kyle were to leave a wildly successful Patreon, it would be to get a "real job" in the industry instead of placing all the stress of maintaining a Patreon solely on himself.

I leave it alone now but the wildly successful patreon earns him quite a bit less money than when he was at GT.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I leave it alone now but the wildly successful patreon earns him quite a bit less money than when he was at GT.
It gets all of them less than they had at GT. Like I said before, they knew that when they started EZA. They also have way more control over what they produce instead of being slaves to a corporation where only views count.
They are one of the most successful Patreons. I honestly think they are doing great.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
tenor.gif

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
he said he won't do final bosman at easy allies because he would put in 100% and only get 1/9 back which doesn't seem like a fair value proposition to him. wouldn't be the same if he's doing it solo. he also said he's not going to do stuff on his own channel until box peek is done.

I f'n love Kyle, but he can be frustrating. It honestly hurts trying to rationalize him being upset by "1/9th" (and to be fair, he said that a long time ago and no idea if he stands by it) when he is coming off a corporate job that axed them all unceremoniously where he saw no where near that type of return on the success of the show and was just a cog in the machine. As opposed to Easy Allies, where he has full creative control and reaps in the rewards for the successes rather than it being divided up by the suits at the top. Also, if Don and Kyle are being paid the same by EZA, then holy shit, they should fix that.

The thing that frustrates me about Easy Allies/Kyle is it can be f'n huge and it doesn't seem like they fully grasp that. I don't mind Kyle going to Gamescom or doing end of the year stuff with Keighley, but the fact he has "missed" out on much of E3 the past few years (doesn't play anything on the floor, misses press conferences, we get him after he worked a full day somewhere else) to go on a show that is directly competing with EZA at the absolute most important time of the year is tough to make sense of.

Also, forming a solo Patreon would be madness. It would kneecap EZA prime (his main source of income), they'd rightfully be pissed and probably charge him to use the studio and/or pay others to appear/help with whatever he does and burden the responsibility of maintaining a Patreon. And I mean this with the utmost L&R, but he had a "cult-hit" show over three years ago, and a low-budget return would be not the move. Besides the most rabid of EZA, are people really going to double dip to make all those headaches worth it for him?

On the plus side, if money really is the hang up to him creating a new "solo" show, he should bring that up with the group. A Kyle led show would likely be the "marquee" show I feel EZA has long needed and it hopefully would bring more attention to the rest of their shows/youtube/Patreon/etc. Seriously, put up a proper "Kyle EZA show" as a fundraising goal and no matter how many 10's of thousands of dollars, I think they'd hit it.

I loved GT, but it shut down.

Edit: After reading this, I regret "attacking" Kyle here as he wasn't the one to bring up a solo Patreon and I've never heard him say he was considering doing that. Kyle is one of my favorite people in the gaming industry and I want nothing but the best for him/group as a whole.

Last edited:

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Even bringing up the idea of Kyle starting a solo Patreon when there's not even a hint of it is pretty flagrant. I don't know why that needed to be brought up out of nowhere. We all know Kyle is the biggest draw, but this is a group effort that they all signed up for.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Gotta say I was hoping for jollier vibes in here right before the announcement of Phase 4 of the EZA Cinematic Universe.

I know only one solution.

HaW33AL.gif

I was expecting mixed vibes after the announcement (I still am), not before.
Also, that gif usually doesn't give me jollie vibes even though it did make me laugh for a short moment.

So I guess it worked for my part.

Last edited:

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
You're welcome, Kyle.

I was expecting mixed vibes after the announcement (I still am), not before.
Also, that gif doesn't give me jollie vibes even though it did make me laugh for a short moment (you also seem to love that gif as I believe I have seen you post this before, which is probably what made me laugh).

So I guess it worked for my part.

I assure you, it's the jolliest of gifs

... but how could you expose me like that

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Kyle solo talk is peak stupidity after pages of also pretty high stupidity.

Reminds me that sometimes the downside of giving corporate life the finger in favour of crowd funding is you trade one bad boss for a hundred.

Oct 27, 2017
Last week, Kyle quit the band...

...to tour with the D on Jablinski games!

Beginning to wonder if some people even like Easy Allies. If you're tuning out just because Kyle isn't on a program, you're missing out on quite a lot. They've been slowly but surely finding their own combinations of "noodles and broth" in their programming and making them work.

Since all the programs and streams are recorded, EZA isn't competing so much with people's time, but simply with people's interest. They can be funded, and you can watch them anytime.

As for "not enough social media activity" they're pouring their hearts out on all manner of personal topics, not just games. But they're doing it on their timetable, not on a "haven't heard from them in a few hours" alert feed. "Entertain me now" is not the type of request they seem to want to fulfill, they seem to want to actually connect with their patrons and general audiences.

Looking forward to (the greatest adventure is) what lies ahead...

Oct 27, 2017
Going to sleep. Have fun guys! I hope there's some cool changes. As long as the Allies are excited (and they seem to be), i'm excited too.

Cheers, L&R

Last prediction:

- Huber Hype & Easy Update become monthly.
- Mysterious Monsters becomes weekly & live on Twitch

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I'm sorry. I fixed my post :). I think I just noticed your avatar previous time and it stuck in my mind.
And you can obviously post it as much as you like.

Well, see, I quoted your original post and I just can't seem to find my edit button so I guess your regrettable words and deeds will have to stay anyway

I was also very much kidding, I like your posts just the way they are. Especially when they concern me and that beautiful gif.

Seriously though, speaking of noticing things I've seen you edit out absolutely fine posts here in the past. Just look at the quality of my posts, there's no need! :p

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
As for "not enough social media activity" they're pouring their hearts out on all manner of personal topics, not just games. But they're doing it on their timetable, not on a "haven't heard from them in a few hours" alert feed. "Entertain me now" is not the type of request they seem to want to fulfill, they seem to want to actually connect with their patrons and general audiences.
This is a pretty disingenuous comment considering all of the posts by myself and others about the social media use from the allies was strictly from a business perspective with the aim of getting more people engaged and hopefully aware of and supporting the group.

None of us have said they don't work hard and to also suggest that because they are working hard that means they don't have to use social media in a smart way for their business is pretty ridiculous considering how vital social media is to businesses in 2019, especially online personalities.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
To help with the jolly (but not the hype) before tonight's stream, here's something to be thankful for:

Via the link to Kyle's reddit post I came upon this old nugget...

Real Kyle "This is not a bit!" Bosman said:
The Porky Pig game was one of the last ones cut--it's now the official backup game if something else isn't working. Turtles in Time was also bumped for stuff we haven't done more recently--we had just played some turtles on the Brazilian Genesis.

Imagine living in the timeline where Porky Pig never made it onto stream. Imagine the world where it sunk into obscurity as a forever backup game. We truly are blessed in the smallest porkiest ways.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This is a pretty disingenuous comment considering all of the posts by myself and others about the social media use from the allies was strictly from a business perspective with the aim of getting more people engaged and hopefully aware of and supporting the group.

None of us have said they don't work hard and to also suggest that because they are working hard that means they don't have to use social media in a smart way for their business is pretty ridiculous considering how vital social media is to businesses in 2019, especially online personalities.
Agreed. They should be doing a better job about staying engaged in their social media accounts. Not that they haven't improved but still, a dedicated IG would be a great idea.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
To help with the jolly (but not the hype) before tonight's stream, here's something to be thankful for:

Imagine living in the timeline where Porky Pig never made it onto stream. Imagine the world where it sunk into obscurity as a forever backup game. We truly are blessed in the smallest porkiest ways.

The goddess truly works in mysterious ways. What a jolly, porky tidbit.

I'm still deciding whether I want to stay up for tonight's steam. In the meantime I've been rewatching some classic Easy Allies content. My favourite so far? The Easy Update video Don't Laugh.

ezgif-1-81c425c90ea71sklv.gif

Yup, I can confirm it still holds up.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, you said what I was attempting to put in to words well. While I certainly agree they are engaging as a group on camera, that doesn't mean they can't be great on social media as well (whynotboth.gif). And this wasn't just a "out of the blue" potshot at them, they are attempting to make changes to jolt some energy in their group and it came as a potential suggestion as an easy way to bring some awareness and excitement while also another potential platform to showcase their creativity, which is certainly one of their strengths. For instance, Giant Bomb has been making a push to do this more recently and it's been good!

Anyways, hoping Yakuza 3-5 remasters are announced in the middle Phase 4 so we can get another Huber moment like this (6:29):

Oct 25, 2017
The goddess truly works in mysterious ways. What a jolly, porky tidbit.

I'm still deciding whether I want to stay up for tonight's steam. In the meantime I've been rewatching some classic Easy Allies content. My favourite so far? The Easy Update video Don't Laugh.

ezgif-1-81c425c90ea71sklv.gif

Yup, I can confirm it still holds up.

Why there aren't a million gifs of Huber's faces from this video is beyond me.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017

What's so funny about the porky pig game is the bizarre nature of how it entered the eza lexicon. I just asked my partner about this to double check the facts. So as best as we can remember someone sent in a game for the allies to play in the love and respect section of the podcast that one of those "guess the real game from this list of games" type things. One of the games mentioned in that game was porky pigs haunted holiday. For some reason my girlfriend thought the game sounded funny so she bought it on ebay and sent it to the allies. She had no idea if the cartridge even worked, not to mention what the game itself was even like.

The allies seemed super excited when they recieved the game and said they would play it at easy living for sure. We were pretty bummed when we saw the schedule and that porky pig wasnt on there. Fast forward to me waking up on sunday morning (I think) and seeing that the allies had played it after all. I immediately went and woke up my partner and we laughed our asses off watching the allies play this bizzaro nightmare of a game.

Its weird to think that none of that would have happened if it wasnt for whoever submitted that game to L&R.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope we see the allies celebrating the return of TTE and like 15 seconds into ben explains the new season they get hacked and they are forced to announce a cyberpunk campaign before they gain regain full control of there stream.

Actually that's my final bet. Lock it in.

Edit: weird double post shenanigans. WERE ALREADY GETTING HACKED!

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Well, after going through a myriad of pages and posts, all I have to say is I'm quite excited for tonights stream and whatever changes it may yield.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Jones said each of us will have at least one thing we are bummed about and at least one thing we're excited about.

Also, love all the Allies. Wonderful people.

Status
Not open for further replies.