• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
it's no million, but here's a little something

ezgif-1-03a5443361905oj0a.gif

I've not been feeling great today but this legitimately just picked me up, what a man our Huber is!

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty disingenuous comment considering all of the posts by myself and others about the social media use from the allies was strictly from a business perspective with the aim of getting more people engaged and hopefully aware of and supporting the group.

None of us have said they don't work hard and to also suggest that because they are working hard that means they don't have to use social media in a smart way for their business is pretty ridiculous considering how vital social media is to businesses in 2019, especially online personalities.

That's just it though. They're not just "online personalities" and that was my point. Unless we're about to get perhaps the craziest reveal of all time, they're actual people who are in part video game enthusiasts and create videos and stream together. There's nothing requiring them to be "smart about social media" or anything else, especially if that ends up meaning converting their entire daily focus to being said online personalities and "like and subscribe" and such.

CyReN

Oct 25, 2017

For those that to download mp3's from Patreon, horrible news for me as I use them to listen to podcasts early on Overcast.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

For those that to download mp3's from Patreon, horrible news for me as I use them to listen to podcasts early on Overcast.

What a giant, shitty move. I download my MP3s to a DAP. I don't listen to them off of a phone. I don't have a place to use their fucking app. What a giant pile of bullshit.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of streams. I just don't really have the time to watch them. Seems like they're going to announce more shows which is a good thing.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
More streams and less shows is not what I preferred... I thought their streams get way less views on Youtube than their shows?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
They should probably have announced new youtube shows first before announcing so many are getting cancelled

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
More streams and less shows is not what I preferred... I thought their streams get way less views on Youtube than their shows?
Their business isn't built on youtube views though. It's built on Patreon. I probably won't watch too many of the streams either, but it's what a lot of fans have asked for (on here as well) and I totally get why they did this.

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
So Trailer Jones is becoming Trailer Score again. That format probably works better than doing a few trailers, although it might bloat the youtube channel a lot if they do a lot of trailers

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeaah, announce new stuff first then announce the cancellations, it right now seems like there's not gonna be anything on the youtube channel...

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Yeah, I was afraid the TTE thing would happen. More bummed about that one compared to Game Sleuth or Huber Hype (I expect both of those somewhat) even though I love all 3 of those shows.

Edit:
I also called the more encompassing boardgame/tabletop show. So that's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.