• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2018
the new Don't Skip logo is pretty great but Achieve It Yourself is still jank. really was hoping all of the new/old shows would have a unified design schema to match the newer EZA logo (and podcast logo).

and like, the website. unify the brand, you guys! please!

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I honestly think they are crushing it so far even though I will miss those couple of shows.
I understand what they are going for and I really hope it will work.

it's taking somewhat long though, I will be exhausted tomorrow at work.
But I am watching now anyway, so I will hold out until they stop announcing.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Still can't believe they bought the trademarks to the Don's Design Lab name from IGN for thousands of dollars

but sad that the lewd anime games and show about sex criminals are gonna get them banned from Patreon and Twitch and YouTube

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Well that was rough. Achieve it Yourself coming back is cool, but nothing else speaks to me. I felt they already had too much streaming before this lol, and now it's like 95% of their content.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Well that was rough. Achieve it Yourself coming back is cool, but nothing else speaks to me. I felt they already had too much streaming before this lol, and now it's like 95% of their content.
Most of the stuff just stays like it was. They only talked about the stuff that changed or is new, not the stuff that just stays the same (like the podcasts for example).

Oct 25, 2017
It's more like 95% of their content is now people actually playing games, in edited form and streaming.

What's great about this is the possibility for bonus bits has increased exponentially. Still not counting on it, but the possibility is far greater now, I'd wager.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Early thoughts - love all the changes. I expect people will be sad about TTE, but, it frees up the time for all these added streams and shows.

Long live EZA.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Really strange that they didn't address the tier side of the Patreon at all. That would have been vital to get people to pledge and raise their support.
It would have probably been more important to the short term money side of things than anything they've changed.

Last edited:

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Good on the Allies for listening to their fans. The number 1 thing I see people ask for is more streams together and that's exactly what they've prioritized.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Early thoughts - love all the changes. I expect people will be sad about TTE, but, it frees up the time for all these added streams and shows.

Long live EZA.
I am and I don't care that much about the streams myself (even though I did put it in the poll because I know a lot of people on here were asking for it). That being said, I am ok with them doing the boardgame show instead even though I will still miss TTE a lot.
The one thing I'm the most bummed about is probably still the podcast time change.

But I am overall happy with all the changes. I think they did a great job with it actually.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I'm very excited for more team up streams. Kyle and Jones is like automatic good content.

I like the changes alot. Gotta have more Bradley Ellis in my life though. Hopefully him and Kyle can cook something up real good.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
It's ok PSO, you're a great already.

As far as changes go.. guess this gives us more hope for that FF9 stream so I'm all for it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Disappointed at the death of top 10's since I always enjoyed them, but overall seems like a lot of logical and positive changes for eza. Even if I'm not much of a live stream watching person I adored watching the glinny's cauldron stream and will look for group streams of games that could lead to fun group reactions. The new board game and huber show sound fantastic.

I didn't see it in the patreon post but is "it's ez to like anime" continuing? Or is that show dead in the water? Would hate to see them bring back anime and only do one bad show and end it.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Yeaah, announce new stuff first then announce the cancellations, it right now seems like there's not gonna be anything on the youtube channel...

They made the right call. Lead with the streams news. Bring it down with the show changes and cancellations. Bring the hype will all of the new show announcements.

Happy with all of the changes. The best part of all is how excited the allies seem to be for everything. Most hype moment for me is kyle realizing how important gundam streams were to everyone.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Pretty pleased by the changes. Huber's Prison of Love looks like the edited gameplay show that I was looking for. I am just generally very happy that they have abandoned the constraints of the goal structure and are going to properly use the studio space to make the content they want. Brandon's decision to change Trailer Jones seems pretty cool too.

And excellent news to see Gundam back.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
they announced a lot of new and more regular shows I think, ones that take more time on top of it
Most of the new shows are streams (even if they're not live). I don't really enjoy watching people play games, and audio-only versions of those types of shows don't work at all. So for me personally it's a little disappointing.
Most of the stuff just stays like it was. They only talked about the stuff that changed or is new, not the stuff that just stays the same (like the podcasts for example).
Yeah I get that. Basically nothing changes for me with Phase 4 - I mainly watch the podcast-type content and will continue to do so. I was just hoping they'd add more scripted or discussion based short-form content to the lineup, and they went in the opposite direction.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much love every change. If I were being greedy I'd still want something with Huber+Kyle like full playthroughs or first fifteens. They're the best duo. Hopefully when he's done Box Peek more will come. Oh and I hope if Ian and Huber play Last of Us they stream it then cut it for his show later. That settle it has been my most wanted since it was first suggested.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Feels like there is very little new there, to be quite honest. Huber's Prison of Love sounds good and an actual show with purpose unlike the generic list form Syndrome has taken for months if not years. Selfishly I am happy the Gundam stream is coming back as it was their best from Jones' garage.

I just can't square the absence of Weekly Clips still and so much produced content getting cut without anything really to replace it. Don't Skip has been rededicated to multiple times and, well, better stick this time I guess? 2020 stuff is in the pipeline but for a content producer studio, waiting a year to do stuff doesn't fit alongside the model of most of their peers.

Much like Marvel's Phase 4 feels like treading water until The Next Big Thing, so too does this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.