• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Man of Medan playthrough was good fun to watch. I hope they do full playthroughs of all the Dark Pictures.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
It's starting to feel like this is the Bloodworth channel ft. friends haha. Does he just live the closest so he can be on nearly everything?

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
No Huber on the group stream after him hyping it up on Monday? Was looking forward to him showing the Allies another sweet brawler.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It's starting to feel like this is the Bloodworth channel ft. friends haha. Does he just live the closest so he can be on nearly everything?
I believe Jones lives the closest (I believe he said on CoJ that he lives relatively close).
Not sure how far Blood lives from the studio, but it might just Blood being Blood. I don't understand how he keeps up with everything that gets posted about EZA at different places either, but he seems to do it anyway.
Yeah, did they say why he wasn't there?
I believe they mentioned him not being there on yesterdays stream, but I can't remember if they said a reason.
My guess would be that he is reviewing a game (or an assignment).

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I believe Jones lives the closest (I believe he said on CoJ that he lives relatively close).
Not sure how far Blood lives from the studio, but it might just Blood being Blood. I don't understand how he keeps up with everything that gets posted about EZA at different places either, but he seems to do it anyway.

Dude must sleep like 4 hours a night lol

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Relative Distances to the studio
Jones
Ian / Don (I'm gonna cheat with Don since he works close)
Huber
Blood
Kyle
Damiani
Ben
Brad

Oct 28, 2017
They groupstreamed it this week (Huber wasn't present though).
I just watched it/listened to it at work (it was a mix of both). It was a great stream imo.

But I do agree that it would work well for a Mike & Mike stream as well.
Games like these are made for Huber.

Did they really? Bloody hell. I never check out their Twitch stuff, just wait for it to hit YouTube. Haha.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Did not see Damiani and Huber react to the FF7 trailer, hope the stream will be in archive soon :)
Trailer was awesome, they showed sooooo much and soooo much looks new tooo!

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
I'm sure FROM Software won't release a game in 2020 to muddy the pool even further! /s

Enjoying the Jones and Kyle Pokemon streams a lot. They've always just had this perfect dynamic where the other is permitted to rip into the other just enough and theres no hurt manfeels at any point to spoil the ride.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Cyberpunk and TLAOU release next year, the same as next gen consoles.

Who knows what games will release on next gen?
I can't predict Cyberpunk or TLAOU will come on top without knowing anything about games releasing after April next year (I still find it weird that there seems to be an April cut off next year).

Oct 25, 2017
I know no ones played any of the games, but unless BOTW2 releases next year, I'm pretty confident the fight will be between TLOU2 and Cyberpunk 2077, with a bit of FF7R on the side. Some years are just predictable like that.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Cyberpunk and TLAOU release next year, the same as next gen consoles.

Who knows what games will release on next gen?
I can't predict Cyberpunk or TLAOU will come on top without knowing anything about games releasing after April next year (I still find it weird that there seems to be an April cut off next year).

I feel like next gen is going to feel more pointless than ever with tlou 2 and cyberpunk releasing earlier that year. I don't know what kind of launch titles sony is going to have but I'm not expecting much since all of there marquee studios have recently released games, with the exception of suckerpunch. Xbox will have a halo game but even that's cross gen.

It's pretty normal to not know what's going to be happening past April now a days. Game are having much shorter marketing times (thankfully.)

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I know no ones played any of the games, but unless BOTW2 releases next year, I'm pretty confident the fight will be between TLOU2 and Cyberpunk 2077, with a bit of FF7R on the side. Some years are just predictable like that.
Tbh, I think FFVII Remake is the frontrunner. They all accept and know that the game's just Midgar, and this feels like the only big game Kyle is interested in so I think it's a lock for him. It's a lock for Brad. Maybe Ben. The rest can be undecided but overall I think it'll be FFVII.

Unless BotW 2 releases next year of course.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Tbh, I think FFVII Remake is the frontrunner. They all accept and know that the game's just Midgar, and this feels like the only big game Kyle is interested in so I think it's a lock for him. It's a lock for Brad. Maybe Ben. The rest can be undecided but overall I think it'll be FFVII.

Unless BotW 2 releases next year of course.

It's way to early to say but God's and monsters, watchdogs 3, assassins creed Vikings, mario sunshine 2 (jk not jk), ghosts of tsushima, halo infinite, dying light 2 and ori 2 on top of all the other games mentioned (tlou 2, cyberpunk) could be goty contenders. Not to mention whatever games havnt been announced.

Oct 25, 2017
It's way to early to say but Gassassins creed Vikings, mario sunshine 2 (jk not jk), ghosts of tsushima, halo infinite, on top of all the other games mentioned (tlou 2, cyberpunk) could be goty contenders. Not to mention whatever games havnt been announced.

Lets be real here. Fixed your list.

And I'm hovering over the delete key for vikings too unless its something crazy good and not just odyssey but with vikings.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Lets be real here. Fixed your list.

And I'm hovering over the delete key for vikings too unless its something crazy good and not just odyssey but with vikings.

Ori 2 could easily get jones, kyle, blood, brad, ben, ian and damianis' votes. It's a beautiful metroidvania (lowkey the allies favorite genera) with (I'm assuming) one of the best soundtracks of the generation based off ori 1s soundtrack.

Huber and brandon are both big into assassins creed, a Vikings assassins creed game for next gen is going to bring the hype.

I included watchdogs 3 for huber, jones, kyle and possibly damiani. It's going to be open world mayhem.

Dying light 2 is an open world apocolipse game with meaningful choices. Huber and jones will eat it up. Ben, brad, kyle and damiani could also jump onboard.

I know weve seen nothing from gods and monsters BUT a zelda inspired game from the odyssey team has the potential to be incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
Ori 2 could easily get jones, kyle, blood, brad, ben, ian and damianis' votes. It's a beautiful metroidvania (lowkey the allies favorite genera) with (I'm assuming) one of the best soundtracks of the generation based off ori 1s soundtrack.

Huber and brandon are both big into assassins creed, a Vikings assassins creed game for next gen is going to bring the hype.

I included watchdogs 3 for huber, jones, kyle and possibly damiani. It's going to be open world mayhem.

Dying light 2 is an open world apocolipse game with meaningful choices. Huber and jones will eat it up. Ben, brad, kyle and damiani could also jump onboard.

I know weve seen nothing from gods and monsters BUT a zelda inspired game from the odyssey team has the potential to be incredible.

Ori 2- ok, so we'll see with bloodstained, right? They love castlevania and it's a metroidvania. That could win goty? Because I'll gladly make an Avatar bet for it not winning.
Where is hollow knight? Not goty as far as I remember.

Creed- like I said, if it's just odyssey reskinned, but prettier, then I don't see it. Regardless, this is just a rumour right now. Haven't seen a single screenshot. Need that before I pass judgement.

Watchdogs 3- same thing like ass creed. It's an iteration on watchdogs 2 and I don't think that set eza on fire.

Dyling light- it looks good for sure. But as goty? I don't see it.

Monsters--we'll see with this one. We know barely anything. I need more.

Regardless, these all have the potential to be on goty lists. Not sure if that's what you are arguing? Because I 100% agree.

I'm arguing that they won't win goty.
A goty game is something you remember for years. It's not "well I had fun driving in an open world and then I turned into a grandpa and I don't remember the rest".

Thats why it'll be tlou2, cyber, Mario, halo, Ff7, or some unannounced game.
I'll even cut ghost of tsushima off that list.

I'll even say I think the rocksteady game might get released in 2020 and have a chance.

Anyways, just what I think. We should probably be discussing goty 2019 lol.
That one is harder because legit nothing stands out too much.
Resident evil 2 and Sekiro I guess?

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Control maybe. I haven't watched the Spoiler Mode yet, but atleast Huber and Ian seem to love the game. Not saying it will win, but definitely will be discussed during the considerations a lot. Ben is also a big Remedy fan atleast, haven't yet heard about his thoughts on Control specifically though.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Anyways, just what I think. We should probably be discussing goty 2019 lol.
I can't remember what stream it was (maybe Mana Day?) but there was a stream a short while ago where someone that said that for most of the allies Sekiro is their GOTY at the moment. They said that even Huber puts it above RE2 so I think Sekiro has it locked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.