• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Very late on this latest episode of fiasconauts, but wow, this pod sure is something else.

Oct 25, 2017
They flirted with the idea on the group stream, but I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE commentary tracks with the eza guys.
Even group it in with reaction shots tier with once a month commentary track.

I'd totally rewatch aliens.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The "thankful" conversation on the podcast was oddly inconclusive. There's a conversation to be had about what I feel Kyle wanted to talk about, and it's probably better had on Frame Trap, but he picked the most idiosyncratic framing for it which would have made for a great Final Bosman episode, where Kyle talks stuff through with himself, but didn't help any of the panelist follow along.

Oct 25, 2017
They flirted with the idea on the group stream, but I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE commentary tracks with the eza guys.

Yes. I'd rewatch Aliens regardless, but having Ian, Huber and maybe Kyle in my ears while watching? I wouldn't be mad.

Also think if they wanted to, they could take the month off from a normal Reaction Shots and do the commentary track. I don't think anyone would mind, honestly.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
I'd definitely be down for a commentary track. That would be the closest thing to what they did when they reacted to the Pokemon episodes and I loved that.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a bummer with the lack of betting specials but it also has been a weird couple of years when it comes to things they traditionally have bets about. 2020 potentially should be much more exciting in that regard.

Here's my easy peezy solution for more bets: Introduce a 1st part of 2020 betting special that covers everything until E3 (to be filmed as early in January as possible) and a post E3 betting special that encompasses everything until the end of 2020 (to be filmed as soon after E3 as possible). That way we almost have "seasons" of betting specials until the "championship" showdown at E3 and we're living in a world where crucial bets can be won/lost every day depending on what news breaks.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
Here's my easy peezy solution for more bets: Introduce a 1st part of 2020 betting special that covers everything until E3 (to be filmed as early in January as possible) and a post E3 betting special that encompasses everything until the end of 2020 (to be filmed as soon after E3 as possible). That way we almost have "seasons" of betting specials until the "championship" showdown at E3 and we're living in a world where crucial bets can be won/lost every day depending on what news breaks.

i wouldn't mind this at all - i get anxiety thinking about what new system i'll need to get implemented for shockorscoff for the next betting special, especially if it's somewhat spontaneous. i'm excited to do it but also it would be great if it's planned in advance so that it's not rushed.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

One of my favorite YouTubers/streamers Farfromsubtle does this as part of a Patreon exclusive perk for their fans. All they would have to do is just blur the screen and set up a private YouTube stream for the fans to watch along. I think it would be a really cool perk honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
i wouldn't mind this at all - i get anxiety thinking about what new system i'll need to get implemented for shockorscoff for the next betting special, especially if it's somewhat spontaneous. i'm excited to do it but also it would be great if it's planned in advance so that it's not rushed.
I hope they stick with the Don Bucks for E3 at the very least. I really enjoyed that (and your site). The difficulty might be the Patron survey that determines the odds, because then people could choose to screw with the system, since they now know what it's for. But I dunno if that's a real issue. Might even be more fun if the odds are out of whack.

I'm also in favor of Keith Stat's proposal. Now that BP is done, might be something Kyle would be keen on. Won't hold my breath, but worth bringing to the table somehow.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
I hope they stick with the Don Bucks for E3 at the very least. I really enjoyed that (and your site). The difficulty might be the Patron survey that determines the odds, because then people could choose to screw with the system, since they now know what it's for. But I dunno if that's a real issue. Might even be more fun if the odds are out of whack.
yeah i've thought about that a lot! i really don't think people would work to mess with the odds. or they could base odds on some other factors. but i need to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of not-don-bucks, since it also wouldn't be realistic or fair to use that just because it's easy and ready to go. my responsibility is to be out of the way of the creative planning of the bets (as much as possible) and just be able to get it implemented.

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite YouTubers/streamers Farfromsubtle does this as part of a Patreon exclusive perk for their fans. All they would have to do is just blur the screen and set up a private YouTube stream for the fans to watch along. I think it would be a really cool perk honestly.

Yeah. I'd want an audio only version though and they would have to put some sort of marker on where they are starting.

Not sure how far from subtle do theirs.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Yeah. I'd want an audio only version though and they would have to put some sort of marker on where they are starting.

Not sure how far from subtle do theirs.
They link to where you can legally purchase the film and when they start it, they let you know when exactly that is.
Also, from what I've seen recently, it's more like an E3 stream rather than a audio only commentary, as in they do play the audio from the film and talk over it and the viewer just plays the video legally on their end. I think that's the better approach and it makes it easier to sync it up.

Oct 25, 2017
They link to where you can legally purchase the film and when they start it, they let you know when exactly that is.
Also, from what I've seen recently, it's more like an E3 stream rather than a audio only commentary, as in they do play the audio from the film and talk over it and the viewer just plays the video legally on their end. I think that's the better approach and it makes it easier to sync it up.

The problem with youtube only is that the phones screen needs to be constantly on. I don't like that.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Still sad we never got the Brandon Watches Pokémon Generations follow-up where Kyle leads him through an abbreviated history of the games he missed.

Obviously the first official EZA commentary track wouldn't be for Aliens but for Terminator 2. With Jones pointing out every flaw and nitpick and Huber suffering through it.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Still sad we never got the Brandon Watches Pokémon Generations follow-up where Kyle leads him through an abbreviated history of the games he missed.

Obviously the first official EZA commentary track wouldn't be for Aliens but for Terminator 2. With Jones pointing out every flaw and nitpick and Huber suffering through it.
Jones's Correction Facility of Hate

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What are your issues with that exactly? If I'm listening to commentary, it's because I've already seen the movie before and this the actual film audio is not something I'm concerned with. Unless I'm missing something.
How are you gonna listen to a commentary track without even putting the movie on?

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, chat was gettin' real antsy tonight. Some folks were dangerously close to spoiling it.
Haha, no kidding! I was just thinking after Tuesday's group stream how impressed I was by chat's mutually understood restraint wrt to Silver Squad spoilers. Folks tonight were really riding close to the line, though, so I'm glad Jones has been so consistent about not reading chat during these streams. The next stream in a couple weeks is gonna be an event.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
...excuse me? I haven't seen it, so I'm not sure what it's in reference to. They haven't wronged my precious child, right? If they think this will stop my glorification of Tootsie, they are sorely mistaken.
So your the Tootsie glorification culprit lol.

At least my art that I submit a while for the bug contest became true and Tootsie offically becomes the leader of the Abandon Club for real ^_^. That Brandon Betrayal T_T

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
I wouldn't have known it from their Twitter feed but it seems there was a bonus stream of Touryst the other day. Touryst is a really sweet game and seems to going under the radar a bit. Looking forward to catching up with the stream over the weekend and seeing how they got on with the opening of the game.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
State of Play on Tuesday, December 10 at 6:00am Pacific Time. Maybe we're getting a delayed reaction? Definitely wanna see Huber's first impressions on RE3.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
I haven't watched it yet either so I'm hoping nothing horrific has happened to the glorious Tootsie, and godspeed to EarthPainting, slicing through Kyle's inflammatory anti-Tootsie propaganda is a noble thing.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Gah, ripe potential for a betting special with TGA and State of Play, shame they probably wouldn't do one without Kyle

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
Gah, ripe potential for a betting special with TGA and State of Play, shame they probably wouldn't do one without Kyle
getting a betting special together suddenly before Tuesday just wouldn't be possible in the format that people like. and yeah, the TGAs could have, but that's got reasons as have been discussed.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
State of Plays have improved steadily. I think Tuesday's will be a good show. Wonder why Sony decided to hold one two days before the TGAs, though. They couldn't just wait until next year or let Keighley have the trailers?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
State of Plays have improved steadily. I think Tuesday's will be a good show. Wonder why Sony decided to hold one two days before the TGAs, though. They couldn't just wait until next year or let Keighley have the trailers?

Each company only gets so much allotted time at the game awards. As for why they are having one now, The year is basically over. It's time to look forward to next year. I expect to see there ps4 plans for 2020 laid out in full. Release dates for ghosts, dreams and maybe predator as well. In 2020 Sonya messaging is going to be all about the ps5, they need to get all of there ps4 info out now.