• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I don't know how I feel about semi popular games getting don't skips. At least with Bully it's somewhat okay since it's kinda lesser known overall I think, but like I dunno why FF8 or FF12 had one

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I feel about semi popular games getting don't skips. At least with Bully it's somewhat okay since it's kinda lesser known overall I think, but like I dunno why FF8 or FF12 had one
I see what you're saying, but for me, Don't Skips are a chance to shine a spotlight on games they feel don't get the attention they deserve. And I'd argue that despite being Final Fantasy games, 8 and 12 aren't generally as well-regarded as other games in the franchise. Ben simply wanted to counter that perception and express his thoughts on why they deserve a second chance, hence the Don't Skips. I think they're a cool vehicle for any Ally to just praise a game they love. I wish we got more of them.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019

to quote Bloodworth from the Youtube comments:

"Not everything has to be about creating rules and boxes and divisions. Brandon wanted to make a Don't Skip on Bully. Ben did one on FF VIII. There's no reason to think that there's some threshold of popularity they shouldn't cross". -Bloodworth

and I agree with that. I'm not sure why people believe that Don't Skip should be only about games that aren't popular. I think it's absolutely fine, for them to talk about whatever game they want, to express their love for it.

Jul 10, 2018
So not sure how I feel about Prison of Love so far. The first episode was probably the strongest one since it was focused on a game Kyle genuinely didn't care for.

Since then we've had Jones playing Sabatour which he never even played before and the newest episode is Ian playing X-Men Origins Wolverine.

The problem with the last two episodes (Ian's episode especially) are, not only are they kind of not following the concept of the show, but Huber just kind of chats about Jones's love for open world games. And with Ian, just chatting about his problem with cinematic games in general, barely even talking about the game Ian is playing.

The show is entertaining don't get me wrong, but it feels like it's unfocused and has been straying from the concept that they put forth for the show. Hopefully we get more episodes closer to Kyle's episode.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait for the Episode IX Spoiler Mode. The review thread is delicious

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
That's right, but the question and the point of us doubting that is, will he even go there ? He is so convinced about the Elite Four being the only thing that is left, that I assume that it will take Kyle to tell him that there is something left to do, after he defeats the Elite Four

You have to go that way to get to the Elite 4. The victory road and the league is the same location as the one in red and blue. Once you beat it the Professor straight up tells you, you can go challenge all the Kanto Gyms now. Unless he's stupid, which he isn't, he will figure it out by himself.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
That movie is getting ripped to shreds lol.

9dy8BDS.jpg

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the Bully Don't Skip™ and I can't believe Jones didn't mention how insanely good the soundtrack of the game is. It's probably the best thing about the entire game, truly one of the greats.

Oct 27, 2017
So not sure how I feel about Prison of Love so far. The first episode was probably the strongest one since it was focused on a game Kyle genuinely didn't care for.

Since then we've had Jones playing Sabatour which he never even played before and the newest episode is Ian playing X-Men Origins Wolverine.

The problem with the last two episodes (Ian's episode especially) are, not only are they kind of not following the concept of the show, but Huber just kind of chats about Jones's love for open world games. And with Ian, just chatting about his problem with cinematic games in general, barely even talking about the game Ian is playing.

The show is entertaining don't get me wrong, but it feels like it's unfocused and has been straying from the concept that they put forth for the show. Hopefully we get more episodes closer to Kyle's episode.
Totally agree with this. Comcept is gpod but execution is kinda off

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

Completely agree. I'm really enjoying the show because I love Huber showing a game to one of the other Allies and trying to get them to like it, but the concept does not match what's actually happening.

Oct 28, 2017
Huber's Prison of Love
Is there a game one of us hates, but Huber absolutely adores? Huber will lock us in a room and force us to play that game with him. Will he woo us to his side? Only time will tell. Episodes will come out every other week, alternating seasons with Huber Syndrome.

Three episodes in. Two of those have been games that they've never played, and one of them was a game that the Ally only dislikes one particular aspect about.

Trash show.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I personally enjoyed all 3 episodes, so I don't really mind what it has become, but I do agree that the concept that was pitched doesn't really cover what the show became in the end. But again, I'm fine with it as I still enjoy to watch it. It's just Huber trying Allies to enjoy games he enjoys and I'm totally fine with that (it doesn't really fit with the prison theme, but whatever).

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
A better game for Ian to play would be The Last of Us, heck they even talked about it in that very episode.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
You have to go that way to get to the Elite 4. The victory road and the league is the same location as the one in red and blue. Once you beat it the Professor straight up tells you, you can go challenge all the Kanto Gyms now. Unless he's stupid, which he isn't, he will figure it out by himself.

Have to admit, that I completely forgot that. In my memory, Johto had its own Elite Four and the whole Kanto part was just a bonus.

As for Huber's Prison In Love, hard to talk about it tbh. I definitely enjoy watching these episodes and will probably continue to do so, even if it stays the way it is, but people do have a point when they say that the show basically has no concept, or at least it's not actually being used.

I think there are a lot of things about Prison Of Love, that needs some polishing in the execution. Be it the playthrough itself or the way it ends.

When it comes to the playthrough, the part of being locked in and being forced to play a game, never comes across. In these three episodes, it never felt like the Allies are being forced or are having at least a slight struggle playing the game. There was no sign, of them rejecting the game, not enjoying the game etc. I feel like in order to actually make this something that affects the Ally in any way, is to let them play for a longer period of time. I'm not sure for how long they play currently, but having a specific time frame, let's say one hour for an example (if it isn't already the case) might help to create this feeling of being forced to go through this.

This would directly also affect the ending of the show, which is when Huber asks the Ally if they want to continue the game. Since there was no struggle in the first place, it always feels like "Sure, I can continue for a couple of minutes". It makes this whole segment feel meaningless. What's the point of them leaving, what's the point of them continuing? It barely makes a difference. If they play for a longer period of time, I assume it would feel more meaningful. Playing a game they genuinely don't like for an hour, would most likely actually make them want to get out. So the decision to not leave the room and continue to play it, would actually be meaningful and special.

And lastly, to even make all of this possible in the first place are the Game choices which were sorta strange so far. Ian not playing TLOU (or any other game he truly dislikes) doesn't really make much sense. Kyle's game so far was the (only) closest to actually being a game he hates, and even then there were better picks.

Last edited:

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why they pitched Huber's prison of love as one thing and then completely ignore the premise by episode 2. It's not a good show.

This and the board game show are major disappointments. Phase 4 in general has been a dud.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
They've been on a roll with these podcasts the last month or two. Absolutely hilarious.

Also, am I crazy or are there images out there with the Allies drawn in the Scooby Doo art style?

Oct 25, 2017
Life is Strange 2 is a lot more of a slow burn than the first game. For me it didn't really kick into gear until the end of episode 3. The first game had the Twin Peaks murder mystery at its core to help me push through the (in my opinion) annoying angsty teenage nonsense. I enjoyed the second game far more overall than the first game, but I do think they're very different experiences and the second one was more to my tastes overall.

For me it was the relationship between Sean and Daniel coupled with the almost Thelma-and-Louise-esque "you're just making this worse" plot-line that had me curious as to what would happen next. And I liked that my choices did actually matter throughout the whole game, rather than in just the final moments. My ending felt like a satisfying culmination of my choices, which was not at all the case at the end of the first game.

But I do think, if you're not into it by the end of episode 1, you're probably not going to like the rest of it. If you're not invested in the brothers, there isn't much else to get out of the game. And remember: a lot of Huber's attachment to this game relates back to his personal life this past year. He still enjoyed it before, but it's certainly why he had such a huge emotional reaction to it at the end.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the whole concept for prison of love come from Huber wanting to force Ian to stream TLoU with him? Playing through that and editing it into a few episodes with full uncut gameplay for patrons seemed like a slam dunk. Felt like he switched it up just so he didn't pick the obvious thing. Unless it's because they're not doing full playthroughs for prison of love and Huber wanted to save TLoU for a stream, which I would get.

But yeah, prison of love and especially the board game show have been disappointments.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Jesus h christ people are so fucking rude about living breathing human beings

Offer constructive criticism not bitching about it being shitty

EZA Era is only one step behind reddit for being an awful EZA community

PepeElToro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This has been the craziest playthrough of a pokemon game ive seen since TwitchPlaysPokemon

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
The payoff of Kyle and the chat keeping the secret from Jones that there's still an entire other region to explore and get badges from was so, so worth it.

Oct 28, 2017
Why is it perfectly acceptable for a member of Easy Allies to call something "trash" but it's a complete no no to call something they do "trash"

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it perfectly acceptable for a member of Easy Allies to call something "trash" but it's a complete no no to call something they do "trash"
Because they have their real names and faces attached to their negative opinions, e.g. they're giving their take but staking some personal reputation on the line to give it.

Meanwhile, people like yourself voice their negative opinions with no repercussions under the guise of a fictional character's headwear

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Because they have their real names and faces attached to their negative opinions, e.g. they're giving their take but staking some personal reputation on the line to give it.

Meanwhile, people like yourself voice their negative opinions with no repercussions under the guise of a fictional character's headwear
OK I have my real name as a username over here. Prison of Love is trash. Its still a fun show to watch but when it comes to what it was promised to be, it's trash. No need to worry though, I'm sure if there is season 2 Huber will retool it or retool the purpose of the show.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
And you're an asshole. Offer constructive comments. Why is it "trash" and how can it improve? Stop adding to the fucking monolith that is negativity on the internet.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
OK I have my real name as a username over here. Prison of Love is trash. Its still a fun show to watch but when it comes to what it was promised to be, it's trash. No need to worry though, I'm sure if there is season 2 Huber will retool it or retool the purpose of the show.
Trash is way too strong of a word for a show that is, in your own words, fun to watch, but doesn't follow its concept like it should. If it's a fun show, then it's not trash. You can just say you're disappointed (or even hate) that it doesn't follow the concept, and most people would agree with you. Instead, it's "trash," a term that has no redeeming nor constructive value.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
L&R y'all. everyone has opinions and criticism. if you choose to express said criticism, please try to do so constructively with positive impact in mind.

i've been vocally critical on here, particularly even in the past week, but i hope it always comes across with positivity and encouragement at its core (and if it doesn't, please always let me know).

anyways - just got back from star war which was certainly a thing. i'm excited to watch tonight's silver stream in the morning. glancing at the comments about it above makes it sound like it lived up to expectations :)

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
You misunderstand my point -- even if your real name is attached to an opinion, you don't have a *reputation* that you're staking on your take. You're shouting mean things without consequence whether or not you're attaching your name to it, because the fact of the matter is that even with a real name attached to your opinion, you're still functionally anonymous if you have no reputation.

Anyway: I like Prison of Love, it's a good show. Well, at least the Bosman and Jones episodes were, I haven't watched #3 yet. I have no idea what it was "promised to be", so maybe that's why I like it(???)

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Trash is way too strong of a word for a show that is, in your own words, fun to watch, but doesn't follow its concept like it should. If it's a fun show, then it's not trash. You can just say you're disappointed (or even hate) that it doesn't follow the concept, and most people would agree with you. Instead, it's "trash," a term that has no redeeming nor constructive value.
You misunderstand my point -- even if your real name is attached to an opinion, you don't have a *reputation* that you're staking on your take. You're shouting mean things without consequence whether or not you're attaching your name to it, because the fact of the matter is that even with a real name attached to your opinion, you're still functionally anonymous if you have no reputation.

Anyway: I like Prison of Love, it's a good show. Well, at least the Bosman and Jones episodes were, I haven't watched #3 yet. I have no idea what it was "promised to be", so maybe that's why I like it(???)
I think you guys are missing the point. Ian uses the word trash to describe things he doesn't like. Yet we would all agree he's not being toxic or hateful on things. The point it people use different words to express themselves and attach different meanings to them. If Ian can be given the benefit of the doubt then the poster who clearly stated that his post was in jest can be as well.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

The concept of it was taking a game one of the allies hates but Huber loves, and he tries to convince them to love the game too. So it already started a little weird, since Kyle likes 3D World, but at least he hates co-op in platforming, so there was still that thing in the game that Huber was trying to turn Kyle around on. In episode 2, Huber showed Brandon The Saboteur, a game that not only Brandon doesn't hate, but hasn't even played. So it already abandoned the concept all together and Huber just tries to get him to enjoy an open world game he hasn't tried before? In episode 3, same thing basically. A game Ian has never played nor has any opinion on. Especially weird since the theme of the episode was cinematic games, and there's already a perfect game that is both cinematic AND that Ian dislikes while Huber loves: The Last of Us.

Just weird. I do enjoy the show for what it is, though: Huber playing games he likes with people that haven't played them before.