• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy they dove into the Blizzard situation. Ben and Damiani are the two Allies I'd most want to hear discuss it, and I was not disappointed! Good job, gents!

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
After seeing Huber jolly his way through many of Chris Redfield's, Leon Kennedy's and Jill Valentine's adventures, I tried the RE6 demo on Switch and, boy oh boy, was it offensively bad in nearly every way it tries. Writing, directing, pacing, environments, gameplay. Framrate doesn't even enter into it. Immediately had to check out the Gametrailers review and the game scored a 8.8 ... It'd have to turn my first impression around harder than any game did since Monster Hunter to creep barely above a 5 for me. It's so bad I'm even starting to doubt anything good I've ever heard said about RE4.

Hubers of Era, talk sense to me.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Anyone know what the timecode is for Kyle talking about the EZA reference in Indivisible in the newest ep of Brandon Plays Silver?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't finished yesterday's stream,

but on Mana Day, Hawkeye should have skills by now. They have to increase his DEX edit: finally they did.

Also, they should just play as Hawkeye and Kevin when fighting the scrub enemies. You can cast magic for Angela while playing as Hawkeye. By pressing L or R
It'd have better flow.

Last edited:

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
After seeing Huber jolly his way through many of Chris Redfield's, Leon Kennedy's and Jill Valentine's adventures, I tried the RE6 demo on Switch and, boy oh boy, was it offensively bad in nearly every way it tries. Writing, directing, pacing, environments, gameplay. Framrate doesn't even enter into it. Immediately had to check out the Gametrailers review and the game scored a 8.8 ... It'd have to turn my first impression around harder than any game did since Monster Hunter to creep barely above a 5 for me. It's so bad I'm even starting to doubt anything good I've ever heard said about RE4.

Hubers of Era, talk sense to me.

Don't get ahead of yourself. RE4 is one of the best in the series, RE6 is one of the worst in the series. Its that simple.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I'm surprised at the negative reaction to the PS5 article. I mean, Sony is pretty obviously going to have a preview event where they show off the games and console next year closer to release. I know EZA would be booing the conference if they spent too much time on tech like they go into with these articles.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I mean, it was Satterfield era GT. They also gave Modern Warfare 2 GOTY over Uncharted 2 in 2009.

Hah, after a bit of digging it seems like Shane indeed personally reviewed RE6. Insert gif of Isla making a face at the camera here.

(I also went and checked metacritic and was surprised to see that RE6 reviewed quite poorly overall. I had assumed it was one of those cases were the initial reception was much more positive than the game's eventual legacy.)

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, bro, there's only a 0.5 point difference between them according to GameTrailers

Watch the roundtable discussion that released soon after that review. Satterfield was the only person who seemed to see it that way (at least of the people present) everyone else there was being talked down to because they didn't agree. That dude ruled with an iron fist.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprised at the negative reaction to the PS5 article. I mean, Sony is pretty obviously going to have a preview event where they show off the games and console next year closer to release. I know EZA would be booing the conference if they spent too much time on tech like they go into with these articles.

This isnt an original idea but I think sony are doing these articles for two main reasons. 1: they dont want to let Microsoft control the narrative about next gen. Microsoft got to do a big video about scarlet at E3 this year and now they are talking about there streaming services and gamepass is in it's own way also an advertisement for scarlet just do to it showcasing all of the great games you can get on xbox for a monthly subscription fee.

2. Sony fully expects this information to leak so instead of allowing some random developer to.make a post on 4chan about the haptic feedback in the controllers sony are choosing to control the narrative and messaging around these new features. How boring would it be so see a ps5 reveal where they run down all of this Info that was leaked 5 months before.

I want to say that I think the podcast is great and it's awesome to watch EZA learn how to discuss these topics. They really nailed it.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Discussion was good but besides his final word I did think Jones was a bit soft and in general would have liked a firmer, clearer stance on what their coverage and attitude towards Acti-Blizzard is going to be going forward. Ben and Damiani killed it, as expected.

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
Discussion was good but besides his final word I did think Jones was a bit soft and in general would have liked a firmer, clearer stance on what their coverage and attitude towards Acti-Blizzard is going to be going forward. Ben and Damiani killed it, as expected.

Jones has been soft on political issues before. He often plays it safe.

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
The podcast was really good. Pulled very few punches. I do think... possibly... occasionally... it did feel slightly naive to discuss boycotting as an action that would really affect Blizzard's bottom line at all. But wow, was that a meaty forty minutes!! Interesting to think that only a couple years ago they'd actively avoid politically-charged podcast topics like the plague lol

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really good discussion of the Blizzard China thing. This might be a weird thing to say but I'm pretty proud of them and reinforces how happy I am to support them on Patreon.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017

To be honest as soft as you think Jones went, his final word will probably get him blacklisted from China.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
The PS5 discussion was basically the GI.biz article in video format which I heavily disagreed with

Last edited:

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
That Blizzard discussion was amazing, and Jones' final word was the icing on the cake. I was hoping that EZA wouldn't go the same route that the Chinese-influenced companies have, and I wasn't let down. And I honestly didn't expect them to get that anti-corporate either, especially Ian and Ben. It's stuff like this that reminds me why I'm a $5 supporter on Patreon.

And yes, I agree that there should be no Blizzcon coverage, and I'd prefer if their game announcements were not discussed either.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Kinda surprised how long the discussion on it was considering they said they don't talk politics on the podcast. Still it was good discussion. I think they should boycott Blizzard after this and ignore Blizzcon, definitely. I actually agreed with them regarding the PS5 talk too.

Oct 25, 2017
Ben is too nice to chat. It feels like every stream with him recently has had somebody pestering about playing AI the Somnium Files(?), and every time he gives a well-reasoned response only for it to pop up again next time. And this isn't the first game this has happened with. He's a grown man who covers games for a living and keeps his ear pretty close to ground on releases, I doubt there's much that would interest him that he hasn't heard of. If he hasn't played/ isn't playing something it's probably for a good reason.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Ben is too nice to chat. It feels like every stream with him recently has had somebody pestering about playing AI the Somnium Files(?), and every time he gives a well-reasoned response only for it to pop up again next time. And this isn't the first game this has happened with. He's a grown man who covers games for a living and keeps his ear pretty close to ground on releases, I doubt there's much that would interest him that he hasn't heard of. If he hasn't played/ isn't playing something it's probably for a good reason.
Even if he took a harder stance and was a bit more stern it would likely still happen. Unless I missed it, it probably isn't the same people every time, and they may not have heard Ben respond to previous instances. Ben's probably aware of that as well.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
I think they just have so many games on their plate that even if they're really interested in a particular director or series, they don't have the time to get to them all, which is just an unfortunate part of the job.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany

Ben should emulate his idol Kamiya in how he deals with repeat questions.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda surprised how long the discussion on it was considering they said they don't talk politics on the podcast. Still it was good discussion. I think they should boycott Blizzard after this and ignore Blizzcon, definitely. I actually agreed with them regarding the PS5 talk too.
I dunno to me it kinda just felt like them taking the worst case scenario for Sony and comparing it to Microsoft's best case. I think they even said at one point "Does Sony even have a plan"

I feel like there's a weird divide between how journalists are reacting to the PS5 announcement vs most consumers

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does he just not have enough time?

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Any likelihood of a tournament anytime soon? I was looking through the archive and - please correct me if I'm wrong - but has there really only been 2 this whole year? MK11 and the Crash Bash one at EZ Livin are all I could find since Smash in December 2018.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ben truly a games journalist if he doesn't review Wishing Well of Darkness 3: Sanity R4 Excelsior?

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Is Ben truly a games journalist if he doesn't understand the historical relevance of Struder for the Sega Genesis?

lord, that question on the Q&A was befremdschämend.
That was one of the best Q&As in a long time and then that question popped up right at the end. I had to switch it off because the cringe was so hard. Crazy way to ask a question.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
That was one of the best Q&As in a long time and then that question popped up right at the end. I had to switch it off because the cringe was so hard. Crazy way to ask a question.

I say go back and listen to the end. The topic of personal blind spots itself is fine, and the Allies gave interesting answers, the patreon just somehow managed to phrase the question in the most awkwardly rude way despite apologizing several times in advance.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno to me it kinda just felt like them taking the worst case scenario for Sony and comparing it to Microsoft's best case. I think they even said at one point "Does Sony even have a plan"

I feel like there's a weird divide between how journalists are reacting to the PS5 announcement vs most consumers

Yeah the Press has been weird about the PS5 stuff. They act so baffled with the way Sony has been handling it when its really not that strange at all. Granted I haven't heard this podcast yet, but some of the others I've listen to this week have acted the same way.

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm late to the party on this, but that Heave Ho group stream is top-notch. Had to duck out early to catch a plane so I missed it, but I'm glad I remembered to go back. So good.