• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I hope we get dates for GOTY and 2020 predictions soon. Can't wait for those.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fairly impressed Ian could do that Easy Update for 10 min, I would have been bored after a few mins. Also love how meta it is because people are upset with the video judging by the dislike bar. Every video is someone's first Easy Allies video.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't handle Kyle saying "the dark prince of nerd media" while sitting in between his parents.

Nov 8, 2017
I'll admit to not watching the podcast recently but the one with Kyle's parents was amazing. They were so good. A fantastic mix of awkward, adorable, insightful and hilarious. Thanks for thinking of this Kyle!

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Fun podcast. Enjoyed hearing Kyle talk about getting his consoles as a kid and relating them to my experiences.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Hi, I know this is me bumping this thread up, but I wanted to talk about them after watching a lot of their E3 reactions videos (which I do often). I think these guys are INCREDIBLY underrated. They may honestly be the best podcast/youtube group of game analyzers/reactors or w/e they're called nowadays. A step over Giant Bomb for me and that's saying something. I think they get so genuinely excited when they see things and they actually explain their excitement. They aren't as jaded as literally every other youtuber. They don't get so hype that it appears fake. For me, I love Kinda Funny, but there was a game awards (last year) where Tim threw his hat at his beer bottle and ruined Andy's computer at the Persona 5 Joker in Smash announcement. I saw that and was like, has he even played Persona? Does he even care about the IP? I watch him every week and never heard him talk about the game at all.

I don't get that sense from Easy Allies. There's enough people on the screen that I can believe there's someone there that's SUPER into anime. I can believe there's someone who LOVES halo. And it's nice to see for me personally, that someone is excited about an xbox product even though they cover every system. I have never ever seen that on Kinda Funny for example. Greg is, I heard, playing Halo CE for the first time soon. That's just blasphemy to me. I can see they care about everything. They are generally positive. It's awesome.

I wish I knew everyone there. I like the TJ Miller looking guy. The only one I really know is Kyle Bosman. And, to comment on him, it is absolutely NUTS for me to see him not doing a role or being the "funny guy". He's like an adult. And it looks great on him. Honestly.
Posted this in the wrong thread and I'm now posting it here

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Posted this in the wrong thread and I'm now posting it here

Agree wholeheartedly. The reason I watch the Easy Allies above all others is because how genuinely passionate they all are about video games. I am extremely into videogames, it's my biggest hobby, and quite honestly every other group of folks I've ever seen doing any sort of videogame related podcast, show , ect. aren't on my level. There's always some weird disconnect I have with certain personalities whether it be Kinda Funny, IGN, Gamespot, what have you; that I know the person is either hamming it up for views or they don't truly care about videogames the way I do. The Easy Allies crew are the only folks that I completely connect with and care about games the exact way I do. What's amazing is that every single one of them is this way and they're so genuine about it. When they were a part of game trailers there were some other people involved that I didn't care for, but when these guys broke away to become their own thing I was immediately drawn to them because they involved all the right people.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Agree wholeheartedly. The reason I watch the Easy Allies above all others is because how genuinely passionate they all are about video games. I am extremely into videogames, it's my biggest hobby, and quite honestly every other group of folks I've ever seen doing any sort of videogame related podcast, show , ect. aren't on my level. There's always some weird disconnect I have with certain personalities whether it be Kinda Funny, IGN, Gamespot, what have you; that I know the person is either hamming it up for views or they don't truly care about videogames the way I do. The Easy Allies crew are the only folks that I completely connect with and care about games the exact way I do. What's amazing is that every single one of them is this way and they're so genuine about it. When they were a part of game trailers there were some other people involved that I didn't care for, but when these guys broke away to become their own thing I was immediately drawn to them because they involved all the right people.
I like it when people are genuine and aren't performing for people. And I can see that's the case here. Been watching their content all day

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Seems like Kyle gets 49% of his personality from his parents and the remaining 51% from his friend Dan.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Just listened to latest episode featuring Kyle and his parents ....such a great episode - lovely and supporting parents.

I know they said it's a one time thing.....but can't wait to have them come back on for another special occasion at some point.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I want special guest Dad Bosman to sit in on EZA's Microsoft's 2020 E3 press conference stream just so he can heckle Phil Spencer.

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone's jonesin' for more Papa Bosman, he shows up in Kyle's weird student web series, "Dance on Friday" for a hot second. After seeing the podcast, it makes sense why he'd be in this. They seem to love everything Kyle does, no matter how weird. Pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/xDjz0cUBJx0?t=417 (can't embed it)

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I don't know about watching any conferences, but if Kyle's parents ever visit LA, Isla is totally going to make sure that Papa Bosman's Birdhouse Building Podcast will be an Easy Update.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loved this latest podcast haha incredibly heartwarming. Made me want to do something similar with my parents.

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone's jonesin' for more Papa Bosman, he shows up in Kyle's weird student web series, "Dance on Friday" for a hot second. After seeing the podcast, it makes sense why he'd be in this. They seem to love everything Kyle does, no matter how weird. Pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/xDjz0cUBJx0?t=417 (can't embed it)

Nice catch.

Btw, watched the beginning of that video which I'm assuming is a recap.

Good Lord, that is god tier stuff right there.

Btw, anyone know what that weezer song is at the beginning?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Nice catch.

Btw, watched the beginning of that video which I'm assuming is a recap.

Good Lord, that is god tier stuff right there.
I only knew this because Kyle watched the whole series with a few people on a weird website (can't recall the name) where you could group watch a bunch of YouTube videos together, and he pointed it out in the chat.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
"People respond to sincerity. People respond to someone who is just acting like a human being."

Man dude seeing the final bosman gives me so much nostalgia. I miss those days, man. Ahhh I feel so old and sad.

Also, edit, there's a lot of gigs/roles he plays here, which is funny given the fact I just said I like that Easy Allies feels like they aren't doing that Lol

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Here's more nostalgia for ya

I remember them having a video player that just chugged so hard on my computer and terrible WiFi that the only show I would ever take the time to buffer and watch was the final bosman.

I'm not sure how that patreon is supporting them doing this (there are a lot of them) but I'm glad they're still doing it. It makes me feel so happy.

the games media landscape has changed drastically over the years. I wouldn't be surprised to see even gamespot go out of business soon. Big publications don't make much sense anymore in the industry as YouTube, twitch and personalities have shown. We got more and better content overall but its still sad to see.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck man, you are telling me. With the PS5 coming, I would kill for a Playstation podcast from eza.

I think Damiani is great and friendcode is great too, but I really just don't care about 95% of Nintendo products. So I only really watch if something in the timecode REALLY peaks my interest.

I doubt it'll happen though especially with psily coming back on Kinda Funny. I think I remember Jones saying that was the reason they didn't want to do a games daily show. Would be copying what KF does. Maybe I'm wrong on that.
no individual has the knowledge base to cover a full Sony podcast to a podcast level.
Damiani is an expert on Nintendo, but even he makes mistakes at times. That shows that it's not easy.

If there was a sony podcast, there would be more posts about what was historically wrong and how they there wasn't proper research, etc, lol. Like what happens during sales talk, except 10x more scrutiny. (I personally like the sales talk)

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Found Kyles shameful PSM cover from the podcast
unknown.png

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I loved hearing Kyle's parents talk about how they never missed an episode of the final bosman, regardless of the fact that they seem to not care about video games in the slightest. That is just so sweet. He has wonderful parents.

Oct 25, 2017
This popped up in my YouTube recommendations after watching that Bosman tribute. Thought I'd share:

I thought I'd seen this before, but I still wasn't prepared for it.