• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Don't take this the wrong way, just asking as a genuine question: why is group streams part of your bread and butter? Do you make much money with it via twitch?
Those are the things that we established from the very beginning that we'd do no matter what. The podcast and the weekly group stream. It's something you can absolutely expect to happen every week unless it's Christmas or E3.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Ok, point taken. Just saying it feels like missed opportunities for events like this. It's not like these directs happen every day.

It's also a single Direct about one game no one outside of Jones really cares about. It's a non-event and I'd rather not have "forced" reactions from people who don't really care about it because it would be really boring.

And if you care that much about Animal Crossing, you can look forward to a Nintendo-focused podcast from them where they cover it. I'm sure they have something like that on their schedule. Maybe they have people on it who might actually be enthusiastic about the game, making it a fun conversation to listen to. Who knows.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
It's also a single Direct about one game no one outside of Jones really cares about. It's a non-event and I'd rather not have "forced" reactions from people who don't really care about it because it would be really boring.

And if you care that much about Animal Crossing, you can look forward to a Nintendo-focused podcast from them where they cover it. I'm sure they have something like that on their schedule. Maybe they have people on it who might actually be enthusiastic about the game, making it a fun conversation to listen to. Who knows.

I don't get why everyone needs to be so defensive about it, and give me attitude. They didn't need to turn this into a huge event and force anything. Just sitting there and commenting on the direct is what most people want. It doesn't need to be a Shenmue 3 reaction for everything.

It's plain and simple, I woke up and went to watch the direct, many others did too. I went to see if EZA was streaming it, they weren't. Saw 2 other outlets who are similar were streaming it, so I watched them instead. Again, missed opportunity. It's not a big deal, but it seems like it's something they could have covered live.

Also Jones is definitely not the only one excited about this game.

Anyways, moving on. No point arguing this anymore.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I don't get why everyone needs to be so defensive about it, and give me attitude. They didn't need to turn this into a huge event and force anything. Just sitting there and commenting on the direct is what most people want. It doesn't need to be a Shenmue 3 reaction for everything.

It's plain and simple, I woke up and went to watch the direct, many others did too. I went to see if EZA was streaming it, they weren't. Saw 2 other outlets who are similar were streaming it, so I watched them instead. Again, missed opportunity. It's not a big deal, but it seems like it's something they could have covered live.

Here you go.

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as some people seem to think. They did it a bit later and that's fine imo.

I watched the Twitch VOD before it was completely on youtube and I personally didn't mind that I didn't watch it live. But I guess that differs from person to person. I don't watch most of their stuff live and watch it as a VOD or on youtube since I live in Belgium, so I guess I'm used to it.

That's what I love about streaming compared to old-fashioned TV or radio. You can watch it whenever you want instead of having to watch or listen to it on specific moments in time.

But I don't want to start it up again as I don't think it's worth it.

Last edited:

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Aren't you being the defensive one? Blood gave you a very well reasoned argument that you're still complaining about. Like, he's a part of the group you claim to enjoy and he's telling you why it didn't happen.

I doubt them not streaming for your personal needs is a "missed opportunity". Can't please everyone.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
Aren't you being the defensive one? Blood gave you a very well reasoned argument that you're still complaining about. Like, he's a part of the group you claim to enjoy and he's telling you why it didn't happen.

I doubt them not streaming for your personal needs is a "missed opportunity". Can't please everyone.
Ok, I get it. Moving on.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
quick question as i'm getting on a flight soon and i'll have no internet - is it possible to download the podcast from the Patreon email? It looks like it may be possible if I pay for some Soundcloud subscription, but i'd obviously prefer not to do that as I'd never really use it.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
quick question as i'm getting on a flight soon and i'll have no internet - is it possible to download the podcast from the Patreon email? It looks like it may be possible if I pay for some Soundcloud subscription, but i'd obviously prefer not to do that as I'd never really use it.
I'm pretty sure there had been links to download before. I'm trying to ask Patreon about it over Twitter. If you get the app, it does look like there's a download button. It still plays from within the app, but it's something. Also if you use the RSS feed (link in the My Membership tab in desktop) you can have all that downloaded automatically to the podcast app of your choice.

Oct 25, 2017

I just checked.

Go to the soundcloud link.

Create a free account.

Then there is a download button right there.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure there had been links to download before. I'm trying to ask Patreon about it over Twitter. If you get the app, it does look like there's a download button. It still plays from within the app, but it's something. Also if you use the RSS feed (link in the My Membership tab in desktop) you can have all that downloaded automatically to the podcast app of your choice.
Correction: There is still an mp3 download link on the post itself, you just have to be on the individual page for that post, not looking at it on the feed view. https://www.patreon.com/posts/easy-allies-202-34214204

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks, Blood. And yep, totally didn't think about logging in to my Patreon account and there's an easy way to download it right there. Thanks!

For what it is worth, when I press the download button on my phone in the Soundcloud App I get the message "This track is private. You can't like, repost, share or add private tracks to a playlist."

I'll fiddle around with it, but so far I just see something about Soundcloud Go+ for downloads for offline. But it is very likely i'm just not looking in the right place.

But either way, i'm good to go. Thanks for your help!

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel about some of those answers and opinions to the Sony pulling out of PAX segment. Conspiracy theories aren't for me.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I wonder if Jessica will ever be on the Podcast?

Stick Stickly was not a name I was expecting to hear during Fiasconaughts...

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Ngl I would love a ManUps Nights type show with Jessica, Kyle, Ian, and maybe a rotating guest or just the three of them.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Ngl I would love a ManUps Nights type show with Jessica, Kyle, Ian, and maybe a rotating guest or just the three of them.
They know the people want it. It just like a matter of time at this point.

They talked about this a bit on the Easy Update they did a few weeks ago. Haven't listened to it since then but I believe Ian (or maybe Jessica?) said they were worried if they did a regular thing it wouldn't have the same energy / vibes as randomly chatting once per month on Fiasconauts.

Oct 25, 2017
They talked about this a bit on the Easy Update they did a few weeks ago. Haven't listened to it since then but I believe Ian (or maybe Jessica?) said they were worried if they did a regular thing it wouldn't have the same energy / vibes as randomly chatting once per month on Fiasconauts.
Yeah, it might kill the magic. I'm fine with Fiasconauts and the monthly Q&As filling that void for the moment, but I wouldn't ever complain if they wanted to try to do something similar to the classic. I'd love to see even just a one-off ManUps Nights ep on Easy Update, just to see if it could work.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017

Jones is going to be a happy man when this is released :)

He'll go even crazier for this.
www.resetera.com

Disneyland fully remade in Dreams

There are fantastic creations made in Dreams, but one of those were I was the most impressed by in the last days is the Disneyland game. This creator made Disneyland Resort almost fully in Dreams including all the original music that we know of the park and even a big part of the attractions. He...

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about some of those answers and opinions to the Sony pulling out of PAX segment. Conspiracy theories aren't for me.

The PS5 answers were also a bit weird.

We haven't heard anything = something must be wrong, apparently.

It basically ignored all the information we know about the PS5 from folks like Jason Schrier who have said that Sony's timetable for PS5 launch is further ahead than Microsoft's.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
bruh these Sony pulling outta conventions for legit reasons takes have been too much for me. I don't think I've seen this much criticism for a company actually being cautious for once.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I stan moderator jones.
Also wish ian was there during that L&R to bring up the black mirror episode where everyone rates each other irl lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
jones is fine but the way the podcast flows under him is a bit too loosey goosey for me

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Its been pretty chill with Jones leading the podcast but yeah I'll be excited for Kyles return.

Also glad the comments are pointing out how serious the virus is and why companies like Sony would pull out for events.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even 9 minutes into the podcast and Damiani's conspiracy take is so bad I've had to pause to recover and contemplate whether I even continue since nothing else in the timestamps is jumping out at me.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
I'm not even 9 minutes into the podcast and Damiani's conspiracy take is so bad I've had to pause to recover and contemplate whether I even continue since nothing else in the timestamps is jumping out at me.
Yea it was pretty off putting for me as well and In kyles notes that jones reads said he would not question the motives of sony about this but damiani seems like he really wanted to commit to the idea

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
I usually do not comment on those opinions. BUT the vibe surrounding Sony pulling out of PAX East. Oh man, Coronavirus is a real threat to the half of the world already and the WHOLE panel makes it sound like Sony is playing into some internet hoax to dodge the announcement of PS5. smh

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I blame the Austin Powers News segment. It's very presence poisoned Kyle's notes and gave the panel bad vibes and bad takes.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think it could get worse than This Week in Joker News but Kyle has truly outdone himself.

Jan 4, 2018
What happened to Podcast Halftime?
I'm guessing there just weren't any ad buys this week (or maybe they forgot, but that seems less likely). This week's Patreon video podcast is the same upload/url as the public version, unlike previously where they were actually separate videos.

Last edited:

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
They didn't forget, Jones says "No sponsors this week. We're rolling. No podcast halftime, you will not hear it. Don't try to convince me it's playing" right before they get to the Animal Crossing discussion. They just had no sponsor lined up this week.

If Kinda Funny is any indication (since they also use Roost as far as I know), this will happen from time to time. They'll say "This video is sponsored by..." shuffle some papers around, then say "no one" and move on.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Great Dreams Review by Jones.

Don't think it's been posted here yet.

I am blown away by some of the creations you can see for a few seconds. I wish I was that creative!

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Great Dreams Review by Jones.

Don't think it's been posted here yet.

I am blown away by some of the creations you can see for a few seconds. I wish I was that creative!

I am looking forward to the FrameTrap Dreams discussions.
I think I am going to the shop and buy the game today.
This just seems too cool of a thing to not even try it.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I usually do not comment on those opinions. BUT the vibe surrounding Sony pulling out of PAX East. Oh man, Coronavirus is a real threat to the half of the world already and the WHOLE panel makes it sound like Sony is playing into some internet hoax to dodge the announcement of PS5. smh
I think it was mainly blood and Damiani but agree completely.

Felt really ignorant and dismissive of them, especially considering some countries are already postponing mass events should prove that its a concern.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
As someone who picked up Ring Fit adventure back in October and currently tries to get on it 3-4 times a week, I feel it was done a little dirty on the Pod this week. Sure, I bet a lot of people dropped it too, but from checking around online, the OT etc, it seems it's still keeping a lot of people pretty busy. The game-nature of it is why I've stuck with it *significantly* longer than I did, say, Switch Boxing.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
I don't really understand the whole weird takes about Sony either. And I'm not only talking about this week, which as some people already pointed out, has been kinda questionable with some takes underselling a virus, that especially in Asia, is currently dangerous enough for all kinds of companies, to cancel their own events. Not only that, even school is getting canceled at some places with some even considering doing online classes instead etc. and are avoiding as many public events as possible, which just shows how serious the situation is and I wish some Allies wouldn't just dismiss the situation and start conspiracy theories.

But even aside from that, I don't get why people are so mad at Sony in the first place, and why any theories need to happen at all. Jones also had some weird takes before, when it came to the WIRED article. Some arguments were arguments that I'd expect from Sony and Microsoft Fanboys/girls who participate in Console Wars on Social Media. There is no rush for Sony to do any kind of announcement? I'd understand if we had a release date or something, but right now, Sony could do an event in 6 months and it would be okay. I genuinely don't get it, why people are in such a rush.