• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I meant to post a long thing about the HK/Blizz/HS debate on Pod and FT, but the r key on my keyboad is boken, so now I won't. Still wanna say GJ, enjoyed it bettah than the Waypoint discussion even because of the POV Ben, Jones, Kyle and Damiani had on the subject.

Just thinking about boycotting Blizzcon is beyond what I expected them to do, seeing how fast they got back to talking about THQ like usual.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I'm guessing ben was playing death stranding last night :)

Also kyle was 100% right about the new pokemon trailer.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
With brad, ben and huber missing from the group stream i think it's safe to say one of them is reviewing death stranding. I think i remember ben saying he was doing it actually come to think of it.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Ya I saw Kinda Funny had DS so figured the Allies would too.

It's not actually a game I'm planning on playing myself but I absolutely can't wait for the Allies reactions and analysis of it. Hope Kyle streams a chunk

PepeElToro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Who has the skills to make a .gif of the Achieve It Yourself ending and add in some guns?

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
In the spirit of Halloween went back to the Evil Within 1 and 2 playthroughs from GT and EZA. Both times Kyle comments on Huber dumping points into crit followed by the same Huber anecdote of him pumping crit up on his WoW Warrior even though it doesn't make sense to do so.

Kinda funny how same conversations repeat years apart in nearly identical ways.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
That's the only thing missing from phase 4. Huber and Kyle. Feels like forever since they've done something together.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
That's the only thing missing from phase 4. Huber and Kyle. Feels like forever since they've done something together.
Yeah the last big thing was RE2 playthrough this year. Love their horror game streams, cause I'm like Kyle and never really play them on my own but still really appreciate them

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
DQXI was my second Dragon Quest game (the first one was DQVII 3ds) and I completed it 100% with all achievements too. It took me 100 hours to 100% complete the game. Unlocking achievements wasn't fun, but I loved the story and was planning to replay this game from time to time before I heard about extra content on Switch. I have no reason to replay it now unless they would update the PC version.
From what I have read, the extra's are a better sounding soundtrack (which was needed, I still think they should let someone else do the soundtrack and kick that idiot aside), 2D mode (which Kyle didn't seem to be interested in), a mode with some cool extra missions (forgot what it was called) and my guess is some extra costumes (not sure about that, but it seems something easy to implement).

Just to clarify this

The extra content on the switch version includes

New side chapters in between the acts that show what the various party members were up to. Each of these is 45-60 minutes long.

The tockington quest from the Japanese 3ds swap pass are now incorporated into the full game. You now find tockles which will give you pastwords to gain access to classic dragon quest 1-10 areas. Monsters are messing with the history of DQ so you have to jump between the 10 prior games to solve all the problems, including finding items in the "real world" of dq11. Some of these including exploring classic dq dungeons which can take an hour or more.

There are also some great qol improvements like being able to forge from the menu, being able to buy forge items from the forge, getting an item to call your horse, being able to zoom to campsites, and being able to speed up battles.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Yo y'all would know a lot better then me since I only listen to there podcast really, but what happened to trailer jones? I feel like I haven't seen one of those in for ever...

Oct 25, 2017
Yo y'all would know a lot better then me since I only listen to there podcast really, but what happened to trailer jones? I feel like I haven't seen one of those in for ever...
It's coming soon, from what I've gathered. I think it keeps getting punted for one reason or another (baby, new graphics, etc. etc.), but it should be coming eventually. Jones keeps bringing it up on Cup of Jones, so it's not forgotten, just temporarily AWOL.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
It's coming soon, from what I've gathered. I think it keeps getting punted for one reason or another (baby, new graphics, etc. etc.), but it should be coming eventually. Jones keeps bringing it up on Cup of Jones, so it's not forgotten, just temporarily AWOL.
O shit I totally forgot about the baby, but like come on Jones what's more important trailers or your own first born son 😉

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Ben might be doing Outer Worlds given he tends to do the Fallout games.

Btw if you haven't watched Kyle's Grab Bag stream from last weekend I can't recommend it highly enough. Especially watch him play Elea. It is... wild. Actual tears of laughter watching it.

Wiggy

Oct 26, 2017
Ben is reviewing Death Stranding. They got a multiple copies though so a few allies are playing it.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
I need an episode of Mysterious Monsters with Kyle, Ben, and Brad as guests.

Huber will be giving out bonus points like crazy.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Brad is really killing my wallet. 1st his impressions of Code Vein made me try that out and now he's got me hyped for Jedi, when before I was only mildly interested.
Someone stop this guy!

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Brad is really killing my wallet. 1st his impressions of Code Vein made me try that out and now he's got me hyped for Jedi, when before I was only mildly interested.
Someone stop this guy!

He also made me get Sekiro, a game I am entirely unsuited to and couldn't finish (I would like to stress that I had a blast with the good chunk that I played and don't regret the purchase at all). With Jedi I have now shifted from mildly interested to checking out the best place to pre-order. Brad is absolutely brilliant at getting to the heart of what makes a particular game fun to play. He often feels to me like the most perceptive of all the allies.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Between the pokemon preview coverage and the stream today I fired up ultra sun again to grind out catching some legendaries in the hope that they will be in sword/shield so I can trade them off for Version exclusive legendaries.