• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
The one thing I really hate that I keep seeing is the "It was available to the public so it should be at least partially aimed aimed at the public".

Seriously, fuck that entitled nonsense right now.

Just because something is accessible by you doesn't mean it should be aimed at you. Because the alternative is that companies make these kind of talks offline only, or invite only, which just fucks over the people that can't travel to these events for whatever reason. "Disabled, start-up, quarantined? Nah, fuck you. If you really cared about this presentation you would be here."

Seriously, stop that line of thought right now, it's toxic as hell.

Firstly, the only toxic thing I'm seeing is your aggressive attitude.

Secondly, every (most?) GDC talks are made public eventually. Like I and others have been saying context matters. This was the first time sony has talked about the ps5 in earnest so of course people are going to show up expecting to see SOMETHING. Microsoft understood this, sony didnt. It's ok to give sony a little flack for it. Marketing does matter and right now microsoft is running circles around sony.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Firstly, the only toxic thing I'm seeing is your aggressive attitude.

Secondly, every (most?) GDC talks are made public eventually. Like I and others have been saying context matters. This was the first time sony has talked about the ps5 in earnest so of course people are going to show up expecting to see SOMETHING. Microsoft understood this, sony didnt. It's ok to give sony a little flack for it. Marketing does matter and right now microsoft is running circles around sony.

Please see my earlier post. We agree for goodness sake. And I'm not being aggressive. I'm emphasising. There's a difference. If you're taking offence at my use of swears then I apologise but that's normal in my culture.

Last edited:

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I think we're all forgetting the most important take away from the podcast:
C1DPvjg.gif

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please see my earlier post. We agree for goodness sake. And I'm not being aggressive. I'm emphasising. There's a difference. If you're taking offence at my use of swears then I apologise but that's normal in my culture.
You're calling everyone who disagrees with you toxic and entitled. That's not emphasis.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was personally disappointed with the Ps5 presentation.
I'm not gonna knock it for what it was, but my main thing is that they didn't really SHOW how all this stuff works.

Biggest was the ssd.

Show me how this new Sony made ssd works compared to a general consumer one.
Show me load times.
Maybe give a demo of horizon where the camera zooms into the sky and you can see the world in one shot. And then you can fly to different parts of the map.

Or here, on day 1, Spiderman ps4 will get a patch for locked 4k and 60fps.
Plus extra bells and whistles. It'll get this extra sound thing. Loads are instantaneous. Here's a video and also on our YouTube channel.

Bloodborne will be 4k and 60fps too.

Something for the general audience to latch onto, even a little bit.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
so are they not gonna hop on discord with each other and interact during the solo streams?

don't mean to bite the hand that feeds, but the whole original draw was that there'd be a number of people together for each stream and audio chat is pretty dang doable in 2020...

EDIT: also i appreciate the effort they put in to make everything one stream and seamless but i had fears and it's already getting choppy. they should probably just exit after each stream and go direct.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that they're doing their best, but solo streams are not very inspiring. Not EZA's fault at all, just the way it is. I'll watch a few of them when it's all over.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
so are they not gonna hop on discord with each other and interact during the solo streams?

don't mean to bite the hand that feeds, but the whole original draw was that there'd be a number of people together for each stream and audio chat is pretty dang doable in 2020...
Yeah, looks like it. I obviously get that they had to change a lot of stuff due to the virus, but it's really disappointing that they're not streaming/chatting together. I'll watch Ian's stream of FF9 and the podcasts, other than that it's a big ol' pass for me.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Enjoying the solo streams more than I thought. Sucks that this is the situation we are in but I'm glad they are still doing something. Damianis Mario Kart stream has been great

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
The intro was SUPERB, SPETACULAR.

And all streams are doing great ! I hope that Damiani and other allies do more online games with patreons. Mario KArt 8 was sooo good for example.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh what is it with Jones during this PS5 talk. He's been like this since the wired article and I have no idea why.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
yeah Jones has been nurturing a firm stance on Sony's approach to their lead up to next-gen (and I also thought it was a bit much this time) but I guess part of it is that he sees it as his job on the podcast to bring some spice into those discussions. And while I certainly get that I would be lying if I said it wasn't nice hearing Huber chime in with his "expectations for all events have gotten too damn high" and Ian's more levelheaded explanation to why it might actually be in Sony's interest to have people concentrate on their 2020 PS4 line-up first. It was a nice back and forth and ultimately fun to listen to I thought

Nothing Jones said was wrong tho.

I want to at least call bullshit on him wanting to play FF7 Remake for a second time in the summer as a reason Sony should show their cards now. I absolutely cannot see him playing any game twice lol, especially within a few months.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
yeah Jones has been nurturing a firm stance on Sony's approach to their lead up to next-gen (and I also thought it was a bit much this time) but I guess part of it is that he sees it as his job on the podcast to bring some spice into those discussions. And while I certainly get that I would be lying if I said it wasn't nice hearing Huber chime in with his "expectations for all events have gotten too damn high" and Ian's more levelheaded explanation to why it might actually be in Sony's interest to have people concentrate on their 2020 PS4 line-up first. It was a nice back and forth and ultimately fun to listen to I thought

I want to at least call bullshit on him wanting to play FF7 Remake for a second time in the summer as a reason Sony should show their cards now. I absolutely cannot see him playing any game twice lol, especially within a few months.

I guess I meant more his feelings towards the gdc talk. It was dry as fuck and that twitter reveal for the talk definitely did not set the tone for the right expectations.

Also glad he mentioned that weird graphic of the chip when talking about backwards compatibility. All the empty space really made it it seem like oh shit ps1 and ps2 and ps3 could fit in there! Oh wait no.. just a weird graphic to use..

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
I guess I meant more his feelings towards the gdc talk. It was dry as fuck and that twitter reveal for the talk definitely did not set the tone for the right expectations.

Also glad he mentioned that weird graphic of the chip when talking about backwards compatibility. All the empty space really made it it seem like oh shit ps1 and ps2 and ps3 could fit in there! Oh wait no.. just a weird graphic to use..

It's just hard for me to get worked up over that stuff. For me at least my capacity for high expectations and getting hype for Sony's public appearances has diminished greatly after the unforgettable 2015 and especially 2016. At this point I just know for me there's no alternative to buying the PS5 because of all the exclusives and the support they get from the japanese developers. I'm interested in what they are doing ofc when they are finally showing it but even if it takes them until 2021 I don't really care. I'll be there if it is some time next week at 3 am and if they still show barely anything I'll still be there the next time they do something at 4am. I'm just weirdly patient by now and absolutely don't mind just chipping away at my backlog and could probably do that for another 2 years.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I understand his feelings about the talk even if I disagree . It's just that I noticed how off putting that he's found them doing it so differently form that start.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Don is a natural! Get this man a recurring time slot! I'd watch him speed run Waverace 64 all summer long.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Don absolutely should try to stream more. I wonder if he would be willing to take over the late night Friday slot?

Also, has anyone made the EZA tune in Animal Crossing yet? There's one for Kinda Funny but I'd love to get EZA in the town.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
so, I checked out the video Ian mentioned of him editing on (and that the Completionist is a fellow ally) and...yeah.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think Ben got an early copy of Alyx? I´m really curious what he´s gonna think about it.
Also, since the Rift S is sold out literally everywhere, i need to consume Alyx content through others lol.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
This.
I have already suggested the show to a couple of friends, and since they follow EZA i hope Kyle words will be the final push.

Surprised that Social Media hasn't been already the final push, considering how viral this anime went in several ways. Really great show.

-

Seeing Don stream was amazing, and getting more of him is of course always great in general.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Surprised that Social Media hasn't been already the final push, considering how viral this anime went in several ways. Really great show.

As someone who is generally not a fan of the genre (school girls in a club doing x activity), seeing 8,000 variants of those 6 poses from the OP doesn't really sell me on the anime or even explain what the premise is. I feel like once a season the anime community meme's a random op and I know the show more for the meme then the actual show (like Blend-S).

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
As someone who is generally not a fan of the genre (school girls in a club doing x activity), seeing 8,000 variants of those 6 poses from the OP doesn't really sell me on the anime or even explain what the premise is. I feel like once a season the anime community meme's a random op and I know the show more for the meme then the actual show (like Blend-S).

yeah I didn't like what I saw of Eizouken and gave up after a couple episodes. Have to be into the genre and have a high whimsy tolerence People should have picked a better op to meme.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this podcast is so bittersweet. Probably the last time Kyle is in the studio :(