• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
This.

I loved their Stranger Things stream but stopped quickly on the RE5 and Trial of Mana one. I find it weird they don't do multiplayer games more. Coop games/1v1 fighters/racers/arcades would be a lot more fun to watch (personally)
RE5 and Trials of Mana are both specifically co-op games... and while you may not personally enjoy them, a lot of people have expressed that they've enjoyed Mana more than they expected and for years we've had people asked for RPG playthroughs with smaller groups like in the GT days.

Oct 27, 2017
RE5 and Trials of Mana are both specifically co-op games... and while you may not personally enjoy them, a lot of people have expressed that they've enjoyed Mana more than they expected and for years we've had people asked for RPG playthroughs with smaller groups like in the GT days.
Tbh i had no clue Trials of Mana was multiplayer lol. Will give it a shot then, thanks. I was expecting more 1-shot streams hough, not long series. But thats just my opinion, i know i'm not in the majority probably

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT since Blood has already addressed it.

The Trials of Mana stream is currently my favourite of them all.

Anyhow, great Achieve it Yourself episodes. It's just a good series.

Yeah i commented wrong. Fprget what i said. I meant games like Tetris 1v1 for example and stuff like that

Got it. No worries.

For what it's worth, I really enjoy the one off streams as well

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
It's silly to try to come up with arbitrary rules like this. We've had boring multiplayer streams and amazing single player streams. As for one-shot stuff vs full playthroughs, yeah I don't think that happened intentionally. Just different people wanting to do that stuff around the same time. I've been wanting to do Mana since the Collection was announced. The Kyle and Jones Pokemon stream wasn't even the original idea for Thursdays - and again, most popular streams, totally single player game.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Play whatever you want to play as long as there are multiple people in the stream together imo.

-

Achieve it Yourself is still great. Damiani's showcasing his knowledge of Mario Bros and then Fire Emblem tea time impressed me.

Oct 25, 2017
It irked me a little in a previous episode of Mysterious Monsters where the show was called "Amazon's Fleabag". Urgh.
It was a joint production, so it's technically both Amazon's and the BBC's. It wouldn't have been eligible for the Emmys if it was solely a UK show.

But really, calling it "the BBC's Fleabag" on an American game show would've been silly regardless. We have just one "BBC" station here and it only remembers to be British when Doctor Who rolls around.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to some PS5 discussion on the podcast. New gen hype is the best.

Most importantly interested in the discussion on Blizzard, situation sickens me.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I'll always prefer full playthroughs to one shot streams.
I enjoy all the streams though for the most part.

If we ever get that kyle, ben and brad ff9 stream though i'll never want for anything again :')

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, It's a bit of an informal rule to create a new OT once a thread hits 20K posts.

I think as an informal rule, if a new OT is created, both the retired OT and the new OT should have links to one another so that people new to the OT are aware that there are older OTs with the same name, etc. If I didn't bump into this OT, I never would've known that a new OT was created...

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I think as an informal rule, if a new OT is created, both the retired OT and the new OT should have links to one another so that people new to the OT are aware that there are older OTs with the same name, etc. If I didn't bump into this OT, I never would've known that a new OT was created...
Wasnt the last post in the old OT a link to this one? I thought that were the case. Hmm.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018

Wasnt the last post in the old OT a link to this one? I thought that were the case. Hmm.

yep: https://www.resetera.com/threads/easy-allies-ot2-love-reset.57884/post-25229928 - and i also linked it a post or two above that.

i'm happy to add links to the 2 previous OTs in the first post, though. will do so this weekend with a few other updates.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the archive of the Silver Squad stream and Kyle mentioned an EZA reference in Indivisible. Googling gave me nothing, anyone know what he's talking about? I only played a couple hours of it so far but haven't seen anything yet.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the archive of the Silver Squad stream and Kyle mentioned an EZA reference in Indivisible. Googling gave me nothing, anyone know what he's talking about? I only played a couple hours of it so far but haven't seen anything yet.
I think somebody embedded a tweet earlier in this thread.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Bosman's officially in Indivisible, review has been tainted

This is the Death Stranding nightmare scenario brought to life

thanks kyle

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
If there were going to put in someone's podcast outro they should have picked Brad's.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Really looking forward to the podcast today, gonna be juicy
Same. Been looking forward to this podcast the last few days. This might be another benefit to recording the Podcast on Thursday rather than Tuesday: the sense of anticipation when big news breaks early in the week knowing that the allies will have had time to digest it by the time of the podcast.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Backers could put what you want in the game as an NPC, so we're speculating it was a backer. There was a Giant Bomb reference similar to this one too.
I have backed Indivisible and I can't find that on the page though (I am somewhat salty that they didn't give PS4 backers the pre-order DLC though, steam backers did get it afaik). I don't see a tier which gives backers the possibility to create NPC dialogue (but it might have been sent out to higher tiers without it being in the description).

I would have been better off with not having backed the game and pre-ordered it when it came onto PSN, which really sucks and I would have been able to play the game almost a day earlier as well since they released their codes late, although I wasn't planning on playing it right now anyway. Some people still don't have codes btw.

Edit:
I did find this in one of my emails:
If you're an NPC backer, don't worry - it's still too early to be submitting concepts for your NPC. However, we do need all NPC backers to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, so if you haven't responded to our email yet, please do so!!

So I guess it's possible. I only backed at the digital game tier, so I probably missed most info about it. They probably changed their tier names as I can't see any NPC tier in the tierlist on the indiegogo page. I honestly didn't keep up too much with the updates over the years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
I did find this in one of my emails:
If you're an NPC backer...

So I guess it's possible. I only backed at the digital game tier, so I probably missed most info about it. They probably changed their tier names as I can't see any NPC tier in the tierlist on the indiegogo page. I honestly didn't keep up too much with the updates over the years.

It's not just possible, it was a tier, and is likely to be why EZA references are in the game. See this thread on Giant Bomb's forums where a backer wanted help designing an NPC/reference to Giant Bomb 3 years ago: https://www.giantbomb.com/indivisible/3030-50246/forums/help-design-an-npc-for-indivisible-1785795/

EDIT: Scroll down on the Indiegogo page and you'll find this:

'NO LONGER AVAILABLE: Patron Saint
$1000: Patron Tier + Design an NPC

Work with the team to design a townsperson or other NPC and write their dialogue! Keep in mind, that whatever is made needs to fit the game. As a bonus, you'll also get Steam codes for 505 Games' How to Survive and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons!

For a limited time, all backers at this tier and above will also get a second Lab Zero Games "Test Subject" t-shirt!"

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It's not just possible, it was a tier, and is likely to be why EZA references are in the game. See this thread on Giant Bomb's forums where a backer wanted help designing an NPC/reference to Giant Bomb 3 years ago: https://www.giantbomb.com/indivisible/3030-50246/forums/help-design-an-npc-for-indivisible-1785795/

EDIT: Scroll down on the Indiegogo page and you'll find this:

'NO LONGER AVAILABLE: Patron Saint
$1000: Patron Tier + Design an NPC

Work with the team to design a townsperson or other NPC and write their dialogue! Keep in mind, that whatever is made needs to fit the game. As a bonus, you'll also get Steam codes for 505 Games' How to Survive and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons!

For a limited time, all backers at this tier and above will also get a second Lab Zero Games "Test Subject" t-shirt!"
I see. I checked the Indiegogo page and apparently that tier is gone (or it doesn't show for me anyway).
That makes a lot of sense though. Still cool to see it in the game.

The lowest tier I can see on indiegogo is:
InDemand - Patron
€454 EUR
Advocate Tier + Ajna Statue // We've partnered with WeLoveFine to create an exciting Ajna statue, exclusive to this campaign!

Not sure if that's because I'm in Europe?

Edit:
I see, it's in the text itself. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
I was just too blind to find it :).

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 plus Blizzard stuff.

Ah, right. Well, we'll have to see how that goes if it's even discussed. Again Damiani is the right man for that..but I dread hearing "we don't know enough to discuss", "but both sides" or worse brand manager Jones plays devil's advocate.
They should go all in like Gary Whitta did on Kinda Funny.

Oct 25, 2017
Checking the timestamps: 40 minutes of Blizzard stuff on the podcast. I stand corrected on my initial thoughts on them covering it, but to be fair, I've also really come around since then on just how big of an issue it is. I was not as informed when I predicted they'd jump on PS5 details before this.

About to dive in to the pod. We'll see how this go.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Checking the timestamps: 40 minutes of Blizzard stuff on the podcast. I stand corrected on my initial thoughts on them covering it, but to be fair, I've also really come around since then on just how big of an issue it is. I was not as informed when I predicted they'd jump on PS5 details before this.

About to dive in to the pod. We'll see how this go.

Every extra day that went by after the news broke, the story grew bigger. Had they recorded the podcast on Tuesday instead of Thursday, they would have talked about it many minutes less, I feel safe to say. Still I'm proud of them for leading with the topic. It's not something I could see happen a year or two ago let alone during GT Time times.

Now, as you said, off to listen to the actual conversation...

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone remember which episode the final fantasy-marketing campaigns stinger is from? It just kills me every time.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure it's from this year's E3 podcast
Thanks. I just wanna hear the context again.

I was doing weight training when I heard him say it on the original podcast ... almost drop a 50 lbs dumbbell, I was laughing so hard.

It's just so damn funny. Glad it's the end of podcast thing along with ".................sexy." Damiani with the perfect timing and delivery. Couldn't be better.

You all rock!