• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I haven't been paying attention - (how) are they covering Blizzcon? I was surprised there were no reactions to the opening ceremony. This year's event is pretty meaty for various reasons.

I see nothing on the schedule, and the podcast has already been recorded. Soo maybe talking about some announcements on the next podcast?

Don't remember what their stance was on talking announcements.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
On the podcast (that's just out a short while ago) they talk about the leaks and not being fans of the way Blizzard have conducted themselves. They're sticking to not covering Blizzcon, it seems like.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
I haven't been paying attention - (how) are they covering Blizzcon? I was surprised there were no reactions to the opening ceremony. This year's event is pretty meaty for various reasons.

They have been considering not covering them at all (because of all the recent issues), so that's probably what's happening.

Last edited:

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I would be happy if Easy Allies didnt cover anything Blizzard related ever again.

Not only were their recent actions reprehensible but both Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 look like glorified expansions masquerading as sequels. Fuck this creatively and morally bankrupt company.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be incredibly proud of the Easy Allies if they chose not to give Blizzard any time or at least, extremely little time.

There's that, but there's also the side of being interested in how they react. You can double slam them if they botch the apology (just saw there was something, haven't looked into it). EZA usually is quite big on this aspect of the industry, we've had numerous (?) bets about how corporations handle scandals and if and how companies or individuals apologize on this kind of stage.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I would be happy if Easy Allies didnt cover anything Blizzard related ever again.

Not only were their recent actions reprehensible but both Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 look like glorified expansions masquerading as sequels. Fuck this creatively and morally bankrupt company.

You can say that about Overwatch 2, but under no circumstances is anyone gonna look at footage from Diablo 3 and 4 side by side and think one is an expansion for the other.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They talk about Blizzcon and Blizzard in the most recent podcast. It's hilarious how accurately Huber calls out the apology in advance lmao.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I very much hope to be back some day (hopefully soon). It's definitely a matter of professional stuff going on behind the scenes rather than any desire on my part. Thanks very much for the kind words.

You are a legend. Also, as a side note, I have caught a bunch of these Blizzard videos and they are all great. Cheers, man.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the allies follow through with doing the November Q&A in person together. I think it would make it MUCH more fun (and obviously much better production values).

Jones brought it up in last week's Cup of Jones I believe.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Oh my god, the creepy story at the end of October's Q&A video is probably one of the funniest EZA moments ever. Now I want to see "'mudre confiemed'- brandon jones 2020" brought to life as a show.

arkon

Nov 6, 2017
Hope the allies follow through with doing the November Q&A in person together. I think it would make it MUCH more fun (and obviously much better production values).

Jones brought it up in last week's Cup of Jones I believe.
I would love it if they did that. It's what I've been asking for from their Q&As for ages. Less awkward pauses and more natural conversations. Maybe even get Don in there.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
that October Q&A was solid gold.
Blood Lore
Huber Hair
Ben dropping the M-Bomb
and a sweet creepy story at the end

Loved it!

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I've been struggling mentally lately and the Easy Allies have really made my life a lot better. I can't really say how much they mean to me.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Someone needs to show Ian the tweet of nakey jakey hugging Jontron lmao

I thought the dude (jakey) was cool until he fanboyed over that piece of trash (jontron)

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the Amanda Walmart commercial while watching the Ravens/Patriots game.

And for those that care: The Patriots are going to lose! WOOOOOOOO!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was a terrific Q&A. Based on that end story and Ian's Halloween Easy Update, I bet the Allies could probably make a pretty fun horror film.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I know there's no way in hell any of the allies will watch it live, but any chance for a "post-live" reaction for the next Smash Bros presentation?

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
October Q&A thought:

I was aware EZA leaned too much towards enthusiast media for my liking. Even so I was surprised none of the Allies except Kyle entertained the thought of calling gifts from publishers "shady".

From what i remember Damiani once talked about being taught to avoid the perception of conflicts of interest and Huber studied journalism. I'm sure others have similar backgrounds. So I'm surprised only Ben reacted as if Kyle's suggestion wasn't a foreign concept to him.

I'm sad I'll always have to worry about Brad not being real Brad but Fake Brad from now on, too

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
October Q&A thought:

I was aware EZA leaned too much towards enthusiast media for my liking. Even so I was surprised none of the Allies except Kyle entertained the thought of calling gifts from publishers "shady".

From what i remember Damiani once talked about being taught to avoid the perception of conflicts of interest and Huber studied journalism. I'm sure others have similar backgrounds. So I'm surprised only Ben reacted as if Kyle's suggestion wasn't a foreign concept to him.

I'm sad I'll always have to worry about Brad not being real Brad but Fake Brad from now on, too

You mean Carl?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I didn't notice that at all. Can't believe they slipped something that obvious past me. It's worse than the Low Key Lyesmith shit Neil Gaiman tricked me with. I'll need to pay closer attention from now on.

Some Fake Brad they've been training up in case Brad ever signs with MinnMax.

...I gotta finish that Q&A

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Me, too. I'm not sure the Huber in the Q&A is the real Huber, but it's hard to tell with the picture quality. I'll have to go back to other videos. His hair has been bugging me for a good month!
latest

I'm a shape-shifter. I find noses hair to be difficult to replicate.