• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I loved the reveal from the Q&A that Kyle saw the reaction to "Cease this!" and that's the reason he decided to bring the meme back and make it not funny. But not as much as I loved the whole episode. And I love authors turning jokes into sadness very much.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly , i'm a bit lost in the story lol. Victor is leading a rebellion group that kidnaps peek refs? Or did i understand that completely wrong? The qhole part where its black is a bit confusing to me. And why do we see him parachuting to another island? Lol, i should have rewatched the previous eps. Kinda lost with all these island names

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Honestly , i'm a bit lost in the story lol. Victor is leading a rebellion group that kidnaps peek refs? Or did i understand that completely wrong? The qhole part where its black is a bit confusing to me. And why do we see him parachuting to another island? Lol, i should have rewatched the previous eps. Kinda lost with all these island names

Well, Kyle wanted more speculation to read in the official Box Peek Forums, so

Victor got himself caught on purpose because he wanted to be exiled to Bonefield Island. The last time we saw him, he tried to get a new box because his porter had been taken away after he went on a losing streak.

He also wants to break the Box Peek Organization's stranglehold over box peek and give the sport back to the people.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Kyle wanted more speculation to read in the official Box Peek Forums, so

Victor got himself caught on purpose because he wanted to be exiled to Bonefield Island. The last time we saw him, he tried to get a new box because his porter had been taken away after he went on a losing streak.

He also wants to break the Box Peek Organization's stranglehold over box peek and give the sport back to the people.
Thanks, really didnt understand that at all.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thanks, really didnt understand that at all.

Victor getting himself exiled on purpose is spelled out in the episode. Although in two short sentences while the screen is dark so you may not get that it's Victor talking amid all the confusion surrounding the Observers.

Victor doing it to get a new box is speculation. I don't think we know the location of the Basement Fortress or the acid pit where defective boxes are taken to be destroyed, so either could be Victor's destination on Bonefield Island.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
After checking out Soul Silver, I'm really glad Kyle and Brandon picked the original Pokémon Silver over the remake. The graphics in the remake look wretched, good lord. Whoever said Soul Silver would look better for the stream needs to look at that game again. Nintendo DS 3D graphics are not pretty, they never were and definitely won't be when blown up by an emulator.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
After checking out Soul Silver, I'm really glad Kyle and Brandon picked the original Pokémon Silver over the remake. The graphics in the remake look wretched, good lord. Whoever said Soul Silver would look better for the stream needs to look at that game again. Nintendo DS 3D graphics are not pretty, they never were and definitely won't be when blown up by an emulator.

This opinion is more cancelable than MinnMax and Kinda Funny chiming in on Poptarts vs Toaster Strudels.

Just imagine: We could have Tootsie following Branman around everywhere if only Kyle had picked HGSS.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Nice review! I think this will be my Christmas break game.
Agreed that this is a really nice review. I am currently working my way through FFXIV (just about to reach the first expansion! ) thanks to Damiani's Shadowbringers review so will probably pick Luigi up in the Spring. Blood's review of The Outer Worlds has also encouraged me to get that sometime in the future though I am thinking of waiting to see how the Switch version turns out.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know how people still don't get the Pop Tart versus Toaster strudel thing.

You always know what you're getting with a pop tart. Go ahead and look forward to it. It's what it says on the box.

A toaster strudel is a variable experience. Could it be great? Absolutely. However, you're already running late for school and you realize that your greedy little sister used two frosting packets on hers. Then, when you bite into your unfrosted strudel, you realize it's still frozen in the middle and you're already on the bus. Everything is screwed.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't know how people still don't get the Pop Tart versus Toaster strudel thing.

You always know what you're getting with a pop tart. Go ahead and look forward to it. It's what it says on the box.

A toaster strudel is a variable experience. Could it be great? Absolutely. However, you're already running late for school and you realize that your greedy little sister used two frosting packets on hers. Then, when you bite into your unfrosted strudel, you realize it's still frozen in the middle and you're already on the bus. Everything is screwed.
Yeah but what is a toaster strudel?

RAWcolour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I have never had a Toaster Strudel nor a Pop Tart, but it's pretty easy to understand that toaster strudel means a game that is popular and hyped but might not end up being actually that good and pop tart is something that isn't getting the attention it deserves and could prove to be better than most people expect.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Kyle is a troll and likes that people get upset at the notion that poptarts are better. This is the dark prince of nerd media after all and there is not anything else to read into it.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Poptarts being better than Toaster Strudels isn't a Kyle thing. Blood agrees with the metaphor. And Blood is never wrong except when Kyle calls him out for being the dumbest Ally.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
When Kyle came up with this bit I wonder if he thought people would still actually be talking about Pop Tarts vs toaster strudels as if it's an actual debate years later.

Oct 25, 2017
They both have their strengths. But I'll take the ease of a room-temp brown sugar and cinnamon Pop Tart over the work required for a warm Toaster Strudel any day. So for me, the metaphor works: Pop Tart is a game you know will give you exactly what you want, whereas you might have to work a little harder to like a Toaster Strudel.

Oct 27, 2017
Another huge negative for toaster strudel is that sometimes they don't give you enough frosting or you don't manage it well and you end up left with plain, gross tarts

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I have never had a Toaster Strudel nor a Pop Tart, but it's pretty easy to understand that toaster strudel means a game that is popular and hyped but might not end up being actually that good and pop tart is something that isn't getting the attention it deserves and could prove to be better than most people expect.

You described them both perfectly. Pretty remarkeable for someone who hasn't tried either.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure this has already been brought up, but whoa! It's a Box Peek game made in Dreams!
giphy.gif

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I know Kyle's said he doesn't really care about the amount of views Box Peek gets, but somehow/someday I hope it gets that weird treatment that some videos on YouTube do where episodes end up in every single person's recommendations through the magic of The Algorithm™.

Miaus

Jan 28, 2018
So, I've never played The Thousand Year-Door and I've been watching Ben's play-through while I do cardio, so much fun but I think I'm going to stop at the first Star and start playing it myself next month when I have a little more time in my hands ^^.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping the board game show would be like polygons which gets a lot of views and is very interesting. I don't enjoy the EZA one.