• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
That's an amazing idea for a show by Ben Hanson. There are so moments in videos games that you could look back on.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I really enjoyed that video premise from MinnMax even though I'm not really a Star Wars guy. Always fun watching old E3's or "big" gaming moments in retrospect with the advantage of hindsight and I'd love it if EZA did some commentary over some of those especially with the new gen of consoles coming up. To maybe expand on that, next time there's a big game release it would be fun watching all the media from reveal to launch trailer of a game that is soon to release or also just compiling a "retrospective" of all of a game series' media from its initial new IP announcement to where it is at now. For example, when Last of Us 2 is released, start from E3 2012's initial reveal to how we got to where we are now by simply just watching E3's and trailers and commercials and similar.

Speaking of MinnMax, good to see Kyle reppin' them on the pod and I really enjoyed a few of these videos:

1. Just a concise and really well-done synopsis of the changes at the top of Playstation and what it might mean going forward.

2. A really interesting look at the technical set up of their studio.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I really enjoyed that video premise from MinnMax even though I'm not really a Star Wars guy. Always fun watching old E3's or "big" gaming moments in retrospect with the advantage of hindsight and I'd love it if EZA did some commentary over some of those especially with the new gen of consoles coming up. To maybe expand on that, next time there's a big game release it would be fun watching all the media from reveal to launch trailer of a game that is soon to release or also just compiling a "retrospective" of all of a game series' media from its initial new IP announcement to where it is at now. For example, when Last of Us 2 is released, start from E3 2012's initial reveal to how we got to where we are now by simply just watching E3's and trailers and commercials and similar.

Speaking of MinnMax, good to see Kyle reppin' them on the pod and I really enjoyed a few of these videos:

1. Just a concise and really well-done synopsis of the changes at the top of Playstation and what it might mean going forward.

2. A really interesting look at the technical set up of their studio.

That studio vid was great. Really enjoy watching stuff like that. I love seeing what they're able to accomplish with an honestly super simple and inexpensive setup. MinnMax is awesome. I pledged on their first month, but couldn't justify spending another $5 on top of the two Patreons I already support with their current amount of content output and incentives. I could definitely see myself repledging to their Patreon in the future, though, when they are putting out more stuff.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
One of my favourite things to do is watch E3 reveals and gameplay reveals of games after I finish them. I'm not sure how you make a show out of it, but I look forward to seeing them try it!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
One of my favourite things to do is watch E3 reveals and gameplay reveals of games after I finish them. I'm not sure how you make a show out of it, but I look forward to seeing them try it!

It is interesting to see obvious changes in the final game, or major spoilers that were in your face but when completely over your head without context.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Achieve It Yourself has to be, pound-for-pound, one of my favorite shows on all of YouTube. Belly laughs almost every episode.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad for ffvii and Brad, feel the same way about the game.
I Hope one day we Will have justice to megaman legends

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Fallen Order, looking forward to that Spoiler Mode.
In the group stream they were laughing about Jones "blabbering" spoilers. Do you think what he spoiled was Darth Vader's appearance? Cause as soon as he showed up, I was like "oh nooooo Jones..." lol (well first I was getting hyped over some iconic breathing) cause I cannot think of anything else in the game that'd be big enough for him to wanna talk about and big enough for the others to care, or even recognize as a spoiler.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
It's the easiest thing to make a show out of.

- you've played some version of the game, those opinions are already loaded
- you can recall where you were and how you felt when the major announcement happened
- you can comment generally on the reveal, what's changed, what you like, etc.

With Trailer Jones, a lot of the time I feel like people are just putting thoughts together as it's happening and it's not coming off as coherent. Whereas with this, your opinions have solidified over the years and it's fun to look back on something too.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
It's the easiest thing to make a show out of.

- you've played some version of the game, those opinions are already loaded
- you can recall where you were and how you felt when the major announcement happened
- you can comment generally on the reveal, what's changed, what you like, etc.

With Trailer Jones, a lot of the time I feel like people are just putting thoughts together as it's happening and it's not coming off as coherent. Whereas with this, your opinions have solidified over the years and it's fun to look back on something too.

At GT they had a show called I love last gen that was basically GT and a bunch of guests looking back at the ps3/360/wii generation and talking about memories of certain games/events. Apparently none of the allies worked on it and they have zero plans to do it, ever. I personally love the idea but I understand that they dont have the time.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I'm late, but I just noticed that The Witcher 3 finally made it into Hall of Greats in August (after a Patreon tiebreaker)! Nice. Thanks for nominating it, Bloodworth!

The video has like 1/3 dislikes on the bar though which is weird. I guess something happened. It seems #11 had great choices as well.

Edit: Ah, I see the #10 shenanigans now. I'm not even surprised. I'm glad Final Fantasy VII was allowed to be voted again for #11!

Last edited:

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
I haven't watched the new one yet but HoG will continue to be garbage until Don gets a game in. But no seriously Don always has such excellent presentations and it s a shame that he never gets one in.
Ian made some excellent videos for HoG and they got snubbed for other boring safe choices. I'd be doing the same thing he is now and just not bothering.

Both of this statements are right.

Ian and Don seem to be two of the allies who put more effort in their presentations and most of the time they get snubbed but the token nintendo game or the nostalgia 4th/5th generation game with a subpar, and sometimes improvised, presentation. Anyway, let's hope one day Don's effort gets compensated.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Easy Update this week gave me ManUp Nights feels, I really liked it. They need to bring that show back!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Mandatory Update Nights, I'm currently watching a very cozy Thanksgiving episode, and I really do think it's a big missing part of EZA. I love this stuff.

Both of this statements are right.

Ian and Don seem to be two of the allies who put more effort in their presentations and most of the time they get snubbed but the token nintendo game or the nostalgia 4th/5th generation game with a subpar, and sometimes improvised, presentation. Anyway, let's hope one day Don's effort gets compensated.
Ehh, I would say Kyle definitely puts more effort into his presentations than Ian, taking all the presentations together. He's been making prepared Powerpoint presentations since #7.

But Don is the one who pus the most effort in usually. No doubt about that.

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Reading comments on the last two episodes of Box Peek from people who watch it with children is very funny. Watching this show with children is now a quandary.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I heard that Keighly knows a developer. Can someone confirm? Big Corruption if true.
Yeah, my guess is that he knows more than a few... (it's his job and all).
And even if a couple of the voting outlets were corrupt (which Isn't all that likely and it wouldn't be Keighley's fault to begin with) it wouldn't really make a difference since it's 80 voting parties.

I don't really understand the uproar, but what can you do.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
"Extra extra read all about it.

Keighley knows a few developers! Tga compromised even though he doesn't pick the nominees rather 80 publications do!

Only 8 cents!"

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018

I assume these will all be deleted tomorrow, so savor them while you can!

Also I need a Huber Shenmue III full playthrough. I NEED IT.