• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
it's kind of left field and has no splash or shinyness,

but I wonder if DQB2 E3 2019 Trailer deserves consideration as a nominee for best trailer.
Can't think of a recent "info dump" trailer done better. Cause those are hard.

and I have no interest in the game and will probably never play it lol

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I read the Good Bye post from Ben first and got scared. Then followed back the timeline and felt relived.
I hope he won't be too hungover today and that he won't feel too embarrassed by those tweets. They are all pretty sweet and funny.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It's probably not the best idea to do drunken tweets, especially if you are somewhat of a public figure, but these weren't all too bad and I for sure agree with the one that's quoted here the most.

I hope he had a great time.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Ben doing Don't Skips on those drinks. His twitter avatar choice has never been funnier. Imagine Isabelle trying to reign in the mayor's bachelor party...

Finished Hall of Greats yesterday. Worst HoG ever that coulda been the best HoG ever had AvP usurped the favorite. FFVII will always come back and claim its rightful place next time you alliance of easily scared cowards!

Thanks, I'll remember not to take it seriously in the future.

What a sad bitchy reply after you assumed the reason for Damiani not bringing a game to HoG was pure laziness and then being told by someone in the know you are wrong and being unfair. Too miserable to apologize or even let it go without getting in a last passive-aggressive dig.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Is it weird that in this Not-Even-On-the-same-plane-of-existence-as-the-rails Fiasconaughts, the kissy noises at the end is the thing I found the most out there?

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Not very often you see a drunken Twitter rampage and think let's let him continue. Please don't delete those.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
this is how you know ben is a top dude. because when the filters are off, it's still nothing but 100% truths and good vibes.

Oh and congrats Ben!

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
Can really suggest people who had problems with Ian's presentation during HOG, to listen to the latest Cup Of Jones episode and see Jones take on it.

Oct 25, 2017
Podcast sponsor slots have been officially removed and replaced with.....

"Podcast Shout-Out
$250 or more per month ∙ only 2 left
If you contribute this much support, we'll give you a quick name-only shout-out on each episode of the Easy Allies Podcast, Frame Trap, Friend Code, and Reaction Shots. Thank You! "

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Podcast sponsor slots have been officially removed and replaced with.....

"Podcast Shout-Out
$250 or more per month ∙ only 2 left
If you contribute this much support, we'll give you a quick name-only shout-out on each episode of the Easy Allies Podcast, Frame Trap, Friend Code, and Reaction Shots. Thank You! "
That's really not bad for people who want to support them at a higher level, considering they're getting name-dropped in all four podcasts.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
Are there late game spoilers in this review? I am playing the game right now and I don't want to be spoiled by say, names of the Elite 4 Members, etc.
I haven't played the game myself yet, so I can't really tell if there was something from the late game. Personally I dont feel spoiled at all, but depends on what you'd consider a spoiler.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Are there late game spoilers in this review? I am playing the game right now and I don't want to be spoiled by say, names of the Elite 4 Members, etc.

I dont think so, the worst thing is talking about a late game gym leaders personality and seeing some towns but even then the towns are fairly early in the game as well.

Also fantastic review from ben. Glad to see eza being one of the few reviews to take the games to task.

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
I think this is the lowest their Patreon has been in quite some time. Just below $45k. I'm sure that everything they get in from Twitch subs makes up for some of that, but it's curious why.

The Patreon overall sub number is really high though. So that's good!

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
I think this is the lowest their Patreon has been in quite some time. Just below $45k. I'm sure that everything they get in from Twitch subs makes up for some of that, but it's curious why.

It is because they have removed the sponsership tiers due to the new arrangement they have with Rooster Teeth. They will now be getting advertising income to replace (and possibly improve on) what they were getting in the sponsership tiers.

Oct 25, 2017

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

Others have said the reason why, but just to add, their number of patrons is at the second highest it's ever been at the end of a month. So that, combined with the funds they get from Twitch and YouTube, and Rooster Teeth sponsors (which is probably a lot more than they got from Patreon sponsors, which they said they were dramatically undervaluing), and they're probably doing better than ever.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the newest Frame Trap and hearing Kyle talk about the lack of viewership for box peek kind of breaks my heart. You can tell that so much work gets put into it, and it's fantastic. Just a shame.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
The latest fiasco is off the rails. It's usually fine to listen to it while being at work, but for this one it's very difficult to not laugh out loud.
It's fantastic though. It also helps to prove that the channel isn't meant for kids.

If the FTC ever comes knocking on EZA's door, they just have to point to a couple of the Fiasconauts episodes (this one in particularly).

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
"Do you like to eat pussy kyle?"

I dont think the allies have to worry about being considered a kids channel.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Watching the newest Frame Trap and hearing Kyle talk about the lack of viewership for box peek kind of breaks my heart. You can tell that so much work gets put into it, and it's fantastic. Just a shame.

That's the double edged sword of being independent, you have the freedom to make what you want, but your audience may not be interested in that. If Kyle wants views he should give the fans what they want ie a spiritual successor to Final Bossman.

Then being even more cynical, if Kyle wants to maximize revenue then he should do neither of the above and just stream more.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
He honestly didnt advertise much about it. So no surprises there
I agree, I actually didn't even realize it was a thing until second season started airing and one of the allies promoted it on the podcast.

Which segment? I was kind of skipping around.

It's the introductory/break the ice segment. Ben asks Jones about his baby, and then follows up by asking Kyle about Box Peek and how he feels about how it's been going. Just for clarification, Kyle's not really complaining about the lack of viewers really, but it is brought up, and going through the view numbers, it is rather disappointing personally.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I mean, it's Kyle's show. He can advertise however he wants (or not if he doesn't feel like it).
I don't know how much of a difference it would have made, but I do think it deserves way more views since it's fantastic.

But if he doesn't feel like making a lot of buzz over the show, that's his decision to make.
It doesn't seem to me like it's something Kyle enjoys doing, so I get why it didn't get advertised a lot (I would probably do the same if I had created something like this since I'm somewhat the same in this regard). But again, I do agree that it deserves it.