• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Jones' touring band that hasn't made anything new for a while analogy of pokemon is spot on lol.
Like i'm enjoying it but i know it could be so much better with newer and bigger things added.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't understand Bosman's disappointment in Box Peek numbers when he's been pretty low-key about advertising it. Jones himself said he wanted to do a bigger blowout for Box Peek and Kyle declined.

Not to mention the 1 year gaps between the announcement of the show, release of season 1, and then the year gap for season 2. Nothing against Kyle because I completely understand how hard it is to make video content but he can't expect too much with the release schedule.

I would love a season 2 but based on how hard it was the make the show and how little attention it has gotten I highly doubt he'll ever go back to it. Which is a shame because season 2 is legitimately good television.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand Bosman's disappointment in Box Peek numbers when he's been pretty low-key about advertising it. Jones himself said he wanted to do a bigger blowout for Box Peek and Kyle declined.
Yeah, this is like a startup/an indie dev/musician/artist/writer/whatever being disappointed in the sales of their product that they didn't advertise at all. Of course no one saw/bought the thing - they didn't know it existed. How can people see/buy something they have no idea is even out?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
30 minutes into the Q&A archive and it's immediately obvious how much better this format works for getting questions answered. Allies are more chipper and willing to discuss and have a back and forth. So much better than the old Google Hangouts method.

Yeah, this is like a startup/an indie dev/musician/artist/writer/whatever being disappointed in the sales of their product that they didn't advertise at all. Of course no one saw/bought the thing - they didn't know it existed. How can people see/buy something they have no idea is even out?
Well, I mean, there are 230k YouTube subscribers and they only get about 10k views each. So even if you ignore the outreach beyond their channel, it's still doing poorly.

All that being said, he didn't even really sound that disappointed. He was just happy to have it out there and have accomplished it.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yes I believe Bosman was referencing in relation to other shows within their already existing community. He directly compares it to the viewership of their podcasts, which while they aren't getting millions, are their most consistently high productions. They have a large, already ingrained audience that isn't clicking certain things, which is how preferences work but naturally you'd want and expect more of those 230k to watch one of their best pieces of content.

Oct 25, 2017
The show isn't something that is appealing to all their subscribers, who at least are aware of its existence. Although I know about it and the current season (and love Bosman), it just doesn't interest me personally. I'll just skip over it. So that plays a bigger part than I think we assume.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I was out of the loop, didn't know about the change in format with the Q&A until I saw the email a few minutes ago but this is pretty great. I never really checked out the hangouts ones after a certain point, probably when I stopped being a patron at that tier a long while ago (didnt help when you had a very slim window to actually get on anyways)

Oct 25, 2017
This new live QandA is fucking MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES better.

With the old ones, I would just skip around to the good questions. Now I just watched the whole thing.

Definitely a piece of content we don't have much of. Just allies sitting around and talking. It's why I loved mandatory update nights sometimes over the regular mandatory update. Rare chance to see allies just talk.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

With the old ones, I would just skip around to the good questions. Now I just watched the whole thing.

Definitely a piece of content we don't have much of. Just allies sitting around and talking. It's why I loved mandatory update nights sometimes over the regular mandatory update. Rare chance to see allies just talk.
Yeah, the conversational dynamic is so clearly different and better compared to the Google Hangouts.

Oct 27, 2017
Why did I wait so long to watch Box Peek? I'm 3eps in and love it already. Victor has gotta be my favorite, his dynamic is just too funny.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
Yeah, this is like a startup/an indie dev/musician/artist/writer/whatever being disappointed in the sales of their product that they didn't advertise at all.

I feel like people are misinterpreting what he said or just put more weight on it then intended. He did say it doesn't have much views, but I'm not sure about how disappointed he is and big of a deal this truly is to him. Clearly not enough, since he continues to refuse to promote it better, although Jones seems to be ready to do that.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
but I'm not sure about how disappointed he is and big of a deal this truly is to him. Clearly not enough, since he continues to refuse to promote it better, although Jones seems to be ready to do that.

those aren't mutually exclusive. the way he talked about it he probably feels like he has "wasted" enough time and money on the project already and it might not feel right for him if they are using more of the allies money.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
those aren't mutually exclusive. the way he talked about it he probably feels like he has "wasted" enough time and money on the project already and it might not feel right for him if they are using more of the allies money.

The sunk cost fallacy, which is respectable if Kyle realizes that no amount of advertising is going to make box peek big enough to justify it's production costs. As long as Kyle is satisfied in the product and the 10-15k people watching season 2 are enjoying it that's the best he can hope for.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
My take is that if the initial reaction was bigger kyle would have been more interested in advertising box peek but since the reception has been tepid amongst there own fanbase kyle doesnt have much hope for the project finding more success outside of there core audience.

Personally I would have liked to have seen kyle do a little podcast tour where he showed up on other channels shows to help promote box peek but I get the impression that kyle would hate doing something like that, even if places like kinda funny were willing to give him his own segment.

Oct 27, 2017

Yes

Oct 25, 2017
Podcast is......

Out?

We back to Tuesday recording? Or this a thanksgiving thing?

Also I REALLY wish bits were at the end again. This podcast takes wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long to start.
Last week was terrible. 15 min to start at the first item. I was watching on my Roku and had no idea when the first item began because I didn't have timestamps. I kept fast forwarding minute by minute thinking no way it would take that long....

Now again. Almost 9 minutes. This is getting a bit much personally. If they want to go that long, I say put it at the end again.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Podcast is......

Out?

Also I REALLY wish bits were at the end again. This podcast takes wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long to start.
Last week was terrible. 15 min to start at the first item. I was watching on my Roku and had no idea when the first item began because I didn't have timestamps. I kept fast forwarding minute by minute thinking no way it would take that long....

Now again. Almost 9 minutes. This is getting a bit much personally. If they want to go that long, I say put it at the end again.

Thanksgiving thing.
And the more bits the better.
I was laughing throughout the whole Santa story last week.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
If folks don't like the bits I'm surprised they even bother with the podcast honestly. It's all bits and it's the best part.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Podcast is......

Out?

The bits are my favorite part of the podcast. Makes the EZA Podcast feel unique

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It was fun seeing Ian get brutally honest in the stream last night by saying that Brad and Don HATE Jackbox streaming and Hall of Greats, and Huber hates doing Fiasconauts. It was so randomly said too, lol

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
I like the bits, however launching right into news is really refreshing and sets the pod apart. Compared to other podcasts, where they bullshit for hours, it's night and day.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I was super not sold on Friend Code for awhile into it, but you know, I've really come to start enjoying the show. Damiani has improved a lot as a host and taken well to feedback. It's just a fun show to watch nowadays.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
HOLD IT

On the podcast last week Kyle specifically said "at this point next week" in regards to the bet. Shouldn't that mean on Thursday the following week not on Tuesday????

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I've had it on Podcast Addict since Monday, are you sure it's not there for you?
It's on the separate public feed for the podcast but it's not on my personal Patreon feed. I checked the Patreon page and it says the episode is still locked for $5 Patrons and above.

I didn't even realise, but you're right. I seem to be having the same issue. It's on Youtube, not in my RSS feed.
I assume it's a weird Patreon issue.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I agree. Hall of Fames and awards in general are just... bad, though.

I like the idea of hall of greats, but I hate that they didn't start with an executive decision to include obvious inclusions like Final Fantasy 7 or Zelda Ocarina of Time. I guess I'm on team Ian in that hall of greats won't truly get interesting until we start getting to great games that aren't instantly apparent but worth. Hall of greats shouldn't be a battle between two games like KoToR 1 and Read Dead Redemption, both should just be in, it should be a battle between stuff like Jade Empire and Bully.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Has there been any Dark Prince fan art yet? I feel like it's long overdue
Just this lmao

rDvWF-EV71zE6CsiBOHbUO97VQS4HB-hM3xyrqfHCZY.jpg