• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed on a second discussion.

Is it possible we can ask about/request that on CoJ and see if he can feedback that?

You can certainly ask on CoJ. It would be treated a business question. I'm sure Jones is doing CoJ tomorrow so if you can find last Monday's post you can post your question there.

Just got done listening to the Spoiler Mode. Not bad, but it definitely could have used more people. Did any of the other Allies like TLJ?

The fact that Jones brought up the gay kiss and calling it sweet is pretty funny given people here are rightfully calling it out on Disney doing the bare minimum on LGBTQ+ representation

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I'm sure if Ben and Huber have feelings to vent about RoS there'll be time on FrameTrap for it. They can pick right up where they left off two weeks ago with the question of whether Palpatine's return was justified or not.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
The Last Jedi came out the same time and that spoiler mode was great with a full panel. Sounds like some bad luck this time with Ben and Huber having to drop out last minute. What's most disappointing is the attitude for this stuff is usually "ah well, already did a spoiler mode" and they move on and we never get to hear complete thoughts from everyone else we really want to hear from on big games and movies other than random bits of chatter on streams. I hope they do a 2nd discussion with Kyle Huber and Ben or something. Maybe an easy update or impromptu huber syndrome.

TLJ came out nearly a week earlier so that helped.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
You can certainly ask on CoJ. It would be treated a business question. I'm sure Jones is doing CoJ tomorrow so if you can find last Monday's post you can post your question there.

Cutting it close (got held up by holidays), but I just asked in the post.

Tried to keep the question short. I'm hoping I didn't screw it up or sound rude in the process.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
2020 is going to be so top-tier for EZA. Can't wait for all of this next-gen stuff. We didn't really have EZA or the GT equivalent for the premiere of PS4/XB1. GT was very different at that time. We had Final Bosman (in its infancy), but there wasn't GT Time or betting specials or anything like that.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
2020 is going to be so top-tier for EZA. Can't wait for all of this next-gen stuff. We didn't really have EZA or the GT equivalent for the premiere of PS4/XB1. GT was very different at that time. We had Final Bosman (in its infancy), but there wasn't GT Time or betting specials or anything like that.
This upcoming E3's Betting Special will be a wild ride for sure, especially if they make use of that website again.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Damiani's Final Words on the Podcast.

10/10
That was so good. I love Kyle's reaction to it because it's justified considering how he started it but Damiani is so damn right. It is absolutely insane how the conversation around these movies has devolved. It's not good enough to like or dislike a movie anymore, no. Everyone has to fucking shout it from the top of their lungs and everyone else has to hear it and if they don't agree we're gonna have a very unpleasant, loud shit-flinging debate because God forbid people just disagree on the quality of a fucking blockbuster movie from a multi-billion dollar corporation. No, these things really, truly matter which is why people still can't shut the fuck up about the previous movie that came out two years ago. Holy shit, I am so tired of it.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Mod-whining; Off-topic derailing; Long history of hostility towards staff
I caught a ban for saying TLJ is horseshit. I'd love if the mods had the same energy towards similar comments dropped in every other gaming thread.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I caught a ban for saying TLJ is horseshit. I'd love if the mods had the same energy towards similar comments dropped in every other gaming thread.
The constant exaggeration through the use of hyberbolic statements like that is just part of the problem but I can't blame you. When everyone's mic is cranked to 11 you gotta put yours on 13 to get heard. The problem is that it leads to simplified and very lazy arguments. The poster here who called Huber's Prison of Love "trash" is the perfect example for that kind of behavior. No one would've cared as much if they said "I don't like it very much because it misses the point" but by calling it trash and without stating a good reason on top of that (i.e. being lazy) while trying to make a very stupid point at the same time, they got the attention they thought their opinion deserves. It didn't but it happened nonetheless.

I get that sometimes you just have the need to vent your frustration (I did just that a couple of posts ago) and not everything has to be nor deserves a long-winded discussion. But more often than not, people should just ask themselves if they're really adding anything of value to the larger conversion before posting hyperbolic and rude shit.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish some of them were watching mr robot so we could get a spoiler mode, one of the most well constructed shows I've seen, especially cinematography wise.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure Jones still fully understood the ice punch thing, even after lol.
Kyle didn't really explain it. About what dragon resists, is weak to, and then that he's flying type. And the 4x.

still really funny though.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The constant exaggeration through the use of hyberbolic statements like that is just part of the problem but I can't blame you. When everyone's mic is cranked to 11 you gotta put yours on 13 to get heard. The problem is that it leads to simplified and very lazy arguments. The poster here who called Huber's Prison of Love "trash" is the perfect example for that kind of behavior. No one would've cared as much if they said "I don't like it very much because it misses the point" but by calling it trash and without stating a good reason on top of that (i.e. being lazy) while trying to make a very stupid point at the same time, they got the attention they thought their opinion deserves. It didn't but it happened nonetheless.

I get that sometimes you just have the need to vent your frustration (I did just that a couple of posts ago) and not everything has to be nor deserves a long-winded discussion. But more often than not, people should just ask themselves if they're really adding anything of value to the larger conversion before posting hyperbolic and rude shit.
Thank you for this.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I don't know why people disingenuously call out mods for banning them when you can just look at the person's post history.

You didn't get banned for "saying TLJ is horseshit."

TLj was utter horseshit so this hack will never be the best at anything except making trash movies.

You got banned for posting that in a thread about Rian Johnson being a great director because of Knives Out and his filmography as a whole. It was toxic trash and the ban message notes you had previous instances where you did the same thing.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I'm not sure Jones still fully understood the ice punch thing, even after lol.
Kyle didn't really explain it. About what dragon resists, is weak to, and then that he's flying type. And the 4x.

still really funny though.

I'm not sure he knows it was x4 due to flying, but he did actually acknowledge / state out loud that Dragons are weak to Ice and Fairy today on Cup of Jones. Baby steps!

I don't know why people disingenuously call out mods for banning them when you can just look at the person's post history.

You got banned for posting that in a thread about Rian Johnson being a great director because of Knives Out and his filmography as a whole. It was toxic trash and the ban message notes you had previous instances where you did the same thing.
Lmao. Every time I see someone off-site (Discord, twitter, etc.) complain about a ban, "I only said _______!", whenever I look them up, they always deserved it. Or at least heavily undersold what they actually did/said.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure he knows it was x4 due to flying, but he did actually acknowledge / state out loud that Dragons are weak to Ice and Fairy today on Cup of Jones. Baby steps!
okay, cool.
Yeah it was the 4x part that I'm not sure was caught on. Since the TM was bought before the elite 4 it made the moment more interesting too.

...did he mention being weak to dragon too heh

edit:
To that podcast game, KH will announce a new game first for sure.
whether it's mobile, VR, remaster whatever
KH as a franchise announces games allll the time. I'd take that bet lol.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
okay, cool.
Yeah it was the 4x part that I'm not sure was caught on. Since the TM was bought before the elite 4 it made the moment more interesting too.

...did he mention being weak to dragon too heh
Nah he just said Ice and Fairy, then went on a small tangent about how he learned Ice is weak to Grass because his grass pokemon kept getting wrecked by the Ice types in Sword/Shield, and he hasn't had that moment with Dragons yet so he hadn't been forced to learn.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I wish Ian was there to completely eviscerate RoS. Hopefully we get some sort of second video with other allies.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018

If people can create threads praising something, then I can criticize it all the same. Like I said, I got banned for calling TLJ horseshit but good on you for digging through my post history to copy-paste the exact quote as if I was lying or misleading someone.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Nah he just said Ice and Fairy, then went on a small tangent about how he learned Ice is weak to Grass because his grass pokemon kept getting wrecked by the Ice types in Sword/Shield, and he hasn't had that moment with Dragons yet so he hadn't been forced to learn.
it has been really interesting to see how other people play pokemon live.
now that Jones has pretty much beaten 4 pokemon games/gens
He'd be considered a franchise veteran which is funny to think about.

But because the game doesn't force you to learn due to no AI (outside of a few trainers) not punishing, you can beat that many games in a franchise and not have pretty basic knowledge of the whole franchise's battle system. Which is just kinda fascinating.

some stuff I've pondered some over the past 15 weeks

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I'd say knowing the basic rock-paper-scissor structure of pokemon combat and then the most common weaknesses qualifies as basic understanding of the system and Jones has that. Memorizing the entire type chart is advanced stuff. Heck, just by remembering that Dragons are weak to Fairy, too, he is ahead of me because I still revert to Ice first and foremost in my mind when I run up against a big scary dragon.

Although if Jones played with set mode on, he'd be forced to learn really quick which types are safe to switch into certain attacks and which are definitely not.

Also I, too, like weebro would love it if people who posted comments like theirs got banned more often.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Life is Strange 2 Episode 3 and I'm back on board. I think I just really didn't like the first half of Episode 2. This game is special.

If people can create threads praising something, then I can criticize it all the same. Like I said, I got banned for calling TLJ horseshit but good on you for digging through my post history to copy-paste the exact quote as if I was lying or misleading someone.

Or you could take the L and maybe reflect on why you were banned instead of complaining about the moderation in a totally unrelated thread.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I finished Life is Strange 2 Episode 3 and I'm back on board. I think I just really didn't like the first half of Episode 2. This game is special.

Or you could take the L and maybe reflect on why you were banned instead of complaining about the moderation in a totally unrelated thread.

Mods can do whatever they want. I was adding my 2 cents to the Star Wars discussion earlier but you keep on being you.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say knowing the basic rock-paper-scissor structure of pokemon combat and then the most common weaknesses qualifies as basic understanding of the system and Jones has that. Memorizing the entire type chart is advanced stuff. Heck, just by remembering that Dragons are weak to Fairy, too, he is ahead of me because I still revert to Ice first and foremost in my mind when I run up against a big scary dragon.

Although if Jones played with set mode on, he'd be forced to learn really quick which types are safe to switch into certain attacks and which are definitely not.

Also I, too, like weebro would love it if people who posted comments like theirs got banned more often.

well that's the thing, he generally doesn't. (Not the dragon weakness stuff of course lol. but the more basic type weaknesses aren't known.)
That's what I was pointing out, and what makes seeing someone play through pokemon interesting.

It's definitely not a critique of Jones lol if it sounded like that, but an observation.
maybe a critique of pokemon if anything. Of not successfully teaching players through completing 4 games. From to not being necessary due to bad AI, or grinding one monster easily overcoming it. Even though pokemon's battle system is pretty amazing when fully realized. Just interesting.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Finally had a desire to play Ghost Trick after so many years of knowingly sleeping on it only to find that the iOS version has an infinite loading bug in the first five minutes of the game (probably due to it being an outdated version) aaaaaand it's 50 bucks on Amazon. :<

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
well that's the thing, he generally doesn't. (Not the dragon weakness stuff of course lol. but the more basic type weaknesses aren't known.)
That's what I was pointing out, and what makes seeing someone play through pokemon interesting.

It's definitely not a critique of Jones lol if it sounded like that, but an observation.
maybe a critique of pokemon if anything. Of not successfully teaching players through completing 4 games. From to not being necessary due to bad AI, or grinding one monster easily overcoming it. Even though pokemon's battle system is pretty amazing when fully realized. Just interesting.

It does teach you. By the typing of the three starters, by the "very effective" and "not very effective" messages, by in-game tutorials, NPC comments and, in the newer games, by pointing out the good and bad moves directly in the combat menu. What it doesn't do is punish you for refusing to learn or not paying attention. But that's part of the overall malleability of the singleplayer adventure where all kinds of playstyles are allowed to succeed and difficulty is created by the player challenging themselves.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Two things:
1) It feels weird having Jones directly address something I asked. (Also I feel bad. I meant to write the question earlier in the day, but got caught up by Hanukkah business)
2) Jones' answer was completely understandable. If they can't, they can't. (Also really hoping I did not come off as rude. Not just because of the question, but I tried to word it as short as possible, and I'm not sure how it came off while read. May just be my paranoia kicking in)

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Two things:
1) It feels weird having Jones directly address something I asked. (Also I feel bad. I meant to write the question earlier in the day, but got caught up by Hanukkah business)
2) Jones' answer was completely understandable. If they can't, they can't. (Also really hoping I did not come off as rude. Not just because of the question, but I tried to word it as short as possible, and I'm not sure how it came off while read. May just be my paranoia kicking in)
Don't feel bad. I asked my question after you, lol. I asked about them airing possible reaction streams to the original PS4 and Xbox One reveals in preparation for next-gen reveals.

Kastenessen

Nov 2, 2017
Really wish some of them were watching mr robot so we could get a spoiler mode, one of the most well constructed shows I've seen, especially cinematography wise.
Got to the final scene of the final episode of this show, one of my favourites of all time, and then that song started playing like a huge ocean and all I could hear was Kyle trying to get the panel to recognize the music.

Now and forever. Cool. Thanks Kyle.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Got to the final scene of the final episode of this show, one of my favourites of all time, and then that song started playing like a huge ocean and all I could hear was Kyle trying to get the panel to recognize the music.

Luckily i was so engrossed i didn't even think of that haha, damn that dark prince of nerd media

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Yep. Completely ruined the moment for me. I'm gonna have to go back to it sometime and try to keep the dark prince out of my head

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

LOL, same for me. I burst out laughing, it completely ruined that moment. I'm not even mad though :')

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Betting specials? Awesome. Podcast bets? Incredibly lame. Or Wars? Deserves to be its own podcast.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played any of the Witcher games, but, man, I really enjoyed the Netflix series.

Is it best to start with the first game or is 3 a decent starting point?