• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
That logo made the PS5 an insta-buy for me. Love it. Best logo yet. The 5 looks so much better than the 4 or the 3 or the 2. Can't believe it took them this long to put that in.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Alright I gotta know, where does the end of the very podcast come from? the part where Jones says he not a fan of FF7 but is a fan of marketing. I need to finally know that full conversation.

Nov 5, 2017
That logo made the PS5 an insta-buy for me. Love it. Best logo yet. The 5 looks so much better than the 4 or the 3 or the 2. Can't believe it took them this long to put that in.

Being sarcastic, are we?

But in all seriousness, I really do appreciate how consistent Sony has been with the naming of their gaming consoles, along with their branding.

Microsoft, on the other hand...a mess, a true mess. The same can be said about Nintendo...

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched the PlayStation Meeting Dos and Dont's and it's weird just how much Media Molecule there is in the Don'ts sections. Motion controls and then the Be Weird section that literally features a bear in a dress with a dualshock saying, "Is this a dream?"

Oct 25, 2017
Being sarcastic, are we?

But in all seriousness, I really do appreciate how consistent Sony has been with the naming of their gaming consoles, along with their branding.

Microsoft, on the other hand...a mess, a true mess. The same can be said about Nintendo...
Yeah, I actually do love the consistency. With Xbox, we're always like "what's it gonna be called??" which might be a fun game to play on forums and podcasts, but in reality is probably very confusing.

But yeah... not sure why people got so weird about the logo reveal. I expected nothing else from them. That's their brand. It works.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Pokemon Direct on Thursday, I hope Kyle&Brandon react to it on Thursday during Pokemon Stream.

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Just in case people were looking for concrete details on the anniversary event stuff happening this March:

Sunday March 22nd, Anaheim Hilton, 4pm-?. No entry fee! Also, not a concert this year. Just a meetup... I believe? I honestly have no idea lol.

Also a designated Disneyland Day TM the day before that on the 21st for those who wanna Do Some Disney; Jones and Ian (and maybe others???) will be there too.

If you're in the area or are otherwise able I'd definitely recommend coming out! EZA meetups are always a really sincerely great time!!!

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, entirely missed the boat of the community showcase because I was waiting for the Patreon post to go up, not realising it went up like 2 weeks ago. I'll submit this next time, but may as well throw it here for now:

Hey y'all! The highlight of the Easy Allies' 2019 output was, without a doubt, Mysterious Monsters. As a game show fanatic, I'm always happy to see a new game show with a fresh format succeed, especially online. However, I am rather spoiled, being in the UK, where game shows are wonderful AND plentiful! In the spirit of sharing the wealth, below are some recommendations for quiz and gameshows YOU should watch if you're a fan of Mysterious Monsters!

Big fan of the Trickster? Then you'll love 'Only Connect'! It's a very tricky British quiz show which is about finding what is the common link between a set of four clues. The show is extremely dry, and started from very humble beginnings, but has developed a really quirky sense of humour (for instance, one episode cold opens with the host reciting the Maximus Decimus Meridius speech from 'Gladiator', completely out of context, before introducing the teams). An example question would be, what connects these clues; Vincent Vega in 'Pulp Fiction', Donald Gennaro in 'Jurassic Park', Moaning Myrtle in 'Harry Potter' and Tywin Lannister in 'Game of Thrones' (Answer: They all died while using the bathroom)

Love the fantastical setting? Then 'The Crystal Maze' is the show for you! The Crystal Maze is a British cult classic, starting in 1990 when it was hosted by Richard O'Brien, the creator of the Rocky Horror Show. The show involves a team of people journeying through four time zones; such as Aztec, Futuristic and Industrial, playing small Escape Rooms individually in each zone to earn time crystals. These crystals are then used to buy time in the Crystal Dome at the end of the show, a giant glass Crystal with huge fans in the ground, which blow around pieces of gold foil you need to grab. The show is currently hosted in the UK by film director Richard Ayoade, and the show's first American series will start on Nickelodeon this month, hosted by Adam Conover.

Do you enjoy watching the winner take away disappointing prizes? Then I recommend 'Taskmaster'! Taskmaster is a modern comedy game show which has had 9 series in the UK (and 1 rather lukewarm US series). The show involves 5 comedians attempting to complete peculiar tasks faster or better than each other. Previous tasks have included "Make the most delicious dust", "Sneeze as fast as possible", and "Impress a Mayor". Each episode ends with the winning comedian taking home a prize given by each other contestant, which have in the past included a plate of Googly Eyes, 14 kilograms of curry and a contestant's wedding ring. If you're outside the US, the full series is being uploaded officially to YouTube.

These are just a few suggestions, there are dozens of other great gameshows in the UK to check out, but these are a few that are really worth looking into.

Love & Respect,

Alex McMillan – Northern Ireland

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Just gotta say, I'm so glad that EZA are delaying 2019 awards to later in the month. Not only do I think it'll mean we get better more nuanced discussion, but it gives me a chance to finish off some odds and ends and enjoy the awards more, especially without fear of spoilers from games that I'm invested in, like Death Stranding, which I'm just coming to the end of now.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, entirely missed the boat of the community showcase because I was waiting for the Patreon post to go up, not realising it went up like 2 weeks ago. I'll submit this next time, but may as well throw it here for now:
As a boring American, I second all of these choices. You really do have some great game shows. Also fun (for me, at least): Would I Lie To You and 8 out or 10 Cats Does Countdown. I really just like watching British comedians bicker at each other, what can I say.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
As a boring American, I second all of these choices. You really do have some great game shows. Also fun (for me, at least): Would I Lie To You and 8 out or 10 Cats Does Countdown. I really just like watching British comedians bicker at each other, what can I say.

Love WILTY! The episode with Victora Coren Mitchell recently was particularly good. Cats Does Countdown I can give or take in recent years, but certainly when it's good it's fantastic. Quite a few of the panel show comedians are finding their way onto Richard Osman's House of Games recently, might also be worth a watch :)

Oct 25, 2017
Love WILTY! The episode with Victora Coren Mitchell recently was particularly good. Cats Does Countdown I can give or take in recent years, but certainly when it's good it's fantastic. Quite a few of the panel show comedians are finding their way onto Richard Osman's House of Games recently, might also be worth a watch :)
Yeah, Cats does Countdown can be a bit too silly sometimes, but I genuinely like playing along that I often don't mind, since most of the ridiculous bits happen during the 30 seconds I'm playing the game.

And I did see that episode. My first exposure to her was on WILTY before she married David so it was great to have her back and on his team. Always enjoy couples showing up on these. Jon Richardson had his wife on the Cats does Countdown Christmas special and it was a delight. Oh, the ribbing that ensues!

I'll have to check out House of Games. I think I've seen thumbnails on YouTube about it. Sucks that that's my only outlet for these. Britbox gets some of the shows, but I don't think they're up-to-date, which sucks. And I'm not sure I want another streaming service to pay for.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they get split screen up and running in Team Rumble. That's the main way my wife and I play Fortnite (I also really enjoy Save the World).

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Hi - never watched anything Easy Allies related, but I'm assisting a friend with a Mafia game based on this theme. Was curious to see what exactly the theme is related to, so... any good places to start with their content?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand the question.

Whats the theme?
It's unnecessary background explaining why I'm looking to check them out. Mafia is a type of game (we play it here on Era), and someone is designing one of them to use the theme of Easy Allies. Because of that, I found myself wanting to at least check out Easy Allies as I know nothing about it other than they got excited about E3 once. With that in mind - what are 2-3 videos that would be good starting points?