• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Hi - never watched anything Easy Allies related, but I'm assisting a friend with a Mafia game based on this theme. Was curious to see what exactly the theme is related to, so... any good places to start with their content?
Their betting specials could be a good source of inspiration. There's also an unofficial YouTube channel that makes clip compilations of their content, which could give you some ideas. I forget what name the channel uses, but I think you'll find it by Googling Easy Allies Clips.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Their betting specials could be a good source of inspiration. There's also an unofficial YouTube channel that makes clip compilations of their content, which could give you some ideas. I forget what name the channel uses, but I think you'll find it by Googling Easy Allies Clips.
Thankfully they're coming up with the themes and ideas, I just have to make sure it's not broken. Some of the stuff being discussed did make me interested in giving them a look though, so I will be sure to check that out. Thanks!

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
on that note, if anyone has a "starter pack" of videos or if we all wanted to chime in and curate a list, that would be a good idea and i could throw it in the first post. otherwise if i get some time one of these weekends i can try to put something together.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
on that note, if anyone has a "starter pack" of videos or if we all wanted to chime in and curate a list, that would be a good idea and i could throw it in the first post. otherwise if i get some time one of these weekends i can try to put something together.
I'd put The Trial of Kyle Bosman on that list. Not necessarily at the top but it should be on it.

Oct 25, 2017
It's unnecessary background explaining why I'm looking to check them out. Mafia is a type of game (we play it here on Era), and someone is designing one of them to use the theme of Easy Allies. Because of that, I found myself wanting to at least check out Easy Allies as I know nothing about it other than they got excited about E3 once. With that in mind - what are 2-3 videos that would be good starting points?

Ahhh, ok. How much time are you willing to spend?

I pulled up their announcement video about the formation of easy allies. It is missing 2 members.

Next is welcome to easy allies. An updated video made a few years ago that goes over a lot of their content.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I'd find it quite hard to fit the Easy Allies as a theme for Werewolf. The lore is so expansive, but I can't think of how it might fit into the Werewolf roles.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh, ok. How much time are you willing to spend?

I pulled up their announcement video about the formation of easy allies. It is missing 2 members.

Next is welcome to easy allies. An updated video made a few years ago that goes over a lot of their content.

Thank you! I'll actually start with these, then move to checking out what Kneefoil suggested.

I'd find it quite hard to fit the Easy Allies as a theme for Werewolf. The lore is so expansive, but I can't think of how it might fit into the Werewolf roles.
We have all kinds of craziness happening in some of our games. The creators have all kinds of ideas packed into the design already. We get a lot more involved than a standard Werewolf game. Here's some examples from the game I ran most recently (behind spoilers to not clog up the thread):

I ran Death Stranding Mafia which you can find here. It had things like a role of Big Ass Ladder that prevented anyone from being targeted for a kill that night, Kojima was a role in the game that had a goal to overwrite the starting role of three different players using a list of possible roles they were given, a user that delivers packages with unknown contents inside - some good and others very bad, a user that sends messages every night that unknowingly ALWAYS go to the mafia team, etc. Suffice it to say - there's a lot of room for creativity.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
For classic EZA videos I would also recommend:

- Pokemon Snap stream
- Fiasco at Regina's Wedding
- Nutrition Raps

I don't know how this would play to a newcomer, but maybe also watch the stream where they watch fan-submitted highlights? (Skip to 10 or so minutes in where they fix the desynced audio)

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Ian and Don Hitting the Beach is mandatory.

Oh and the two best episodes of TTE:

The Blackpot Academy Saga

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hi - never watched anything Easy Allies related, but I'm assisting a friend with a Mafia game based on this theme. Was curious to see what exactly the theme is related to, so... any good places to start with their content?
LMFAO
I'd expect a EZA-themed Mafia to lean heavily on the betting specials so binge as many of those plus the GameTrailers Final Bets as you can.
👀
Oh, I have some plans...

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
It's going to be entirely Pokemon Home and some surprise special events for Sword and Shield. Absolutely no reason for a Reaction stream, unless they're already in the studio with nothing planned to film (outside of the podcast) when its on, which is somewhat unlikely I think.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
It's going to be entirely Pokemon Home and some surprise special events for Sword and Shield. Absolutely no reason for a Reaction stream, unless they're already in the studio with nothing planned to film (outside of the podcast) when its on, which is somewhat unlikely I think.
Well that didn't age well.

Mystery Dungeon Remake announced. Released in March. Demo available later today.

Expansion Pass for Sword and Shield announced. Isle of Armor June 2020. Crown Tundra Fall 2020. Lots and lots of new stuff, including new Gigantamax forms for the Starters. Gigantamax forms for Blastoise and Venusaur.

The Expansion Passes are seperate products for each game. As in, if you want to play the Expansion on Shield after playing it on Sword, you have to buy the Shield Expansion Pass. Having the Sword Expansion Pass wouldn't work.

Locking the Gigantamax forms of the Starters behind DLC is dirty.

Last edited:

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
My god I wish Ben was on the Podcast this week. Ben, Jones, and Bosman could have the juiciest discussion about this.

It all looks great, but its so dirty.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Kyle's acting is legit great in that video. Seconding that they should do more sketches.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Literally the only thing I've wanted from EZA since the beginning is more sketches. They could stop covering games and just do comedy and I'd up my Patreon pledge.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Finally got around to listen to the new Frame Trap. Good as always, really got me thinking of trying out those Switch Star Wars games that Ben mentioned, never played the PC versions of them.
I wish I was still interested in multiplayer games because the Battlefront 2 sounds like great fun.
Brad defending Huber for his TGA reactions was pure gold! <3

Man the 2020 Frametraps will be wild, in depth discussions about FF7, Cyberpunk 2077, Last Of US 2, Hohst of Tsushima.... I want to see some 3 hour Frame Traps!

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
January 21st, I believe.
Oof. I just finished Death Stranding in prep for the Awards thinking I had not a whole lot of time (Great game btwz). Could maybe squeeze in Outer Worlds...

I'm not sure I agree that there's not an obvious choice from EZA. It's either Resident Evil 2 or Sekiro. It's just a matter of which gets a better showing on the night.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
I hope with Ian liking Three Houses that it makes a strong showing, especially with how much Damian seemed to enjoy it, replaying it multiple times (though he also played through RE2 a lot of times) and Ben's positive review for it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty meh on GOTY stuff in general, but it's usually because there's always an obvious choice and it just seems futile to gather round and pretend like anything else is gonna get the win. But this year? Seems like it's pretty up-in-the-air. Might make it more fun? I dunno. I still prefer personal lists, but this one could be interesting.

Also looking forward to the gag categories. They better not let me down.