• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
I originally wasn't the biggest fan of "Friend Code" but over the months I have started to appreciate it more and more, and started to enjoy every episode a lot lately.

Thanks and keep up the good work Damiani!

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else suddelny getting really excited for this year's E3 even if there are still like 5 months to go?

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Draft results and the 2020 Predictions/2019 Prediction results are the most interesting things coming up.

Feels like its been an age since they did a bet or a skit.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Listening to Friend Code has me really itching to get back to Three Houses. Loved the ~20 hours I played, not sure why I dropped it...

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Lol, I feel like last year, Kyle was gungho about PS5 coming out in 2019, and everyone else kind of followed along. I still think that was a bad prediction.

Edit:
tenor.gif

source.gif

OH SHIT! You guys have got to watch this Easy Update! No spoilers, but there is a moment that has to be one of the all time greatest Easy Allies moments!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Kyle would get hung up on the dumbest thing and stop playing Outer Wilds.

Have to wonder if the Allies had played it without the time-crunch of "GOTTA PLAY IT ALL BEFORE GOTYS!" they might have actually enjoyed it more. Ian is the only one who seems to be championing it at all. Jones apparently was also annoyed with it. Frustrating. It's a game that requires patience, but not in the "it'll get good after 10 hours" kind of way, but in a "just keep looking" kind of way. It rewards your curiosity in big ways.

Edit:
OH SHIT! You guys have got to watch this Easy Update! No spoilers, but there is a moment that has to be one of the all time greatest Easy Allies moments!
I literally just saw this bit. Speechless.

Last edited:

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Lol, I feel like last year, Kyle was gungho about PS5 coming out in 2019, and everyone else kind of followed along. I still think that was a bad prediction.

Edit:
tenor.gif

source.gif

I was drinking water and literally did a spit take holy fuck

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Great video. Just finished it. Kyle seems like he's not in a great place mentally. Like his heart just isn't in the business anymore. Hope he starts feeling better and that he stays with EZA (not that he made any kind of implication that he would leave; just my own thoughts based on this video).

Oct 25, 2017
Great video. Just finished it. Kyle seems like he's not in a great place mentally. Like his heart just isn't in the business anymore. Hope he starts feeling better and that he stays with EZA (not that he made any kind of implication that he would leave; just my own thoughts based on this video).
Eh. He seems like Kyle as usual. I think when you ask him to reflect on the past year and think about the upcoming one, someone who deals with anxiety and depression is going to get very somber, sad and anxious about it all. I know I would.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Eh. He seems like Kyle as usual. I think when you ask him to reflect on the past year and think about the upcoming one, someone who deals with anxiety and depression is going to get very somber, sad and anxious about it all. I know I would.

I didn't know Kyle has anxiety and depression. I mean, I do too, but wow I had no idea.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of it was how you describe for sure. But some things, like him saying how he's not excited at all about a PS5 reveal, and the only thing he says about EZA for 2020 is he wants it to be more weird, and how he doesn't really have anything to say about games for 2020 and wonders if it really matters. It seems like he just doesn't really care anymore, to a greater-than-normal extent.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of it was how you describe for sure. But some things, like him saying how he's not excited at all about a PS5 reveal, and the only thing he says about EZA for 2020 is he wants it to be more weird, and how he doesn't really have anything to say about games for 2020 and wonders if it really matters. It seems like he just doesn't really care anymore, to a greater-than-normal extent.

He says that now but you know how hyped he's gonna get when the PS5 reveal is real, that podcast is going to be juicy. I get having a hard time looking ahead to stuff with the crazy shit going on the world in addition to anything he may or may not be going through personally right now (don't want to speculate).

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
He says that now but you know how hyped he's gonna get when the PS5 reveal is real, that podcast is going to be juicy. I get having a hard time looking ahead to stuff with the crazy shit going on the world in addition to anything he may or may not be going through personally right now (don't want to speculate).
Fair enough. That's what I'm hoping.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I think the allies are way off base with dismissing The walking dead vr game like that in the recent podcast, from what I've seen and previews I've read I think it looks great and will do really well critically

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
i haven't watched the vid yet (GDQ baby!) but i have 2 late night thoughts:

1) speculation of a specific person's enthusiasm/effort ain't worth it. almost thought i was in the giant bomb thread for a second. is brad leaving?
2) overall the year 2019 was garbage and 2020 is somehow worse under 2 weeks in. it's really hard to blame anyone for not being overwhelmingly psyched about things in general.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I can kind of relate though. It's hard for me to get excited about an iterative box. Bigger, faster and higher fidelity haven't really been things I've cared all that much about since the early 2000s, and that was pretty much Microsoft's pitch so far. Fully expecting Sony's to be similarly safe, but with more in-engine tech demos by companies who don't wanna announce something concrete yet. I assume it'll get better when some actual software is announced. That's more where I expect something unique, surprising, and weird to pop up, but those types of announcements don't happen often. Most of the already-announced 2020 games don't really fit those labels either. We'll just have to give it time.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I am in nostalgia mood after the 2019 easy update.
I started watching the first EZA Podcast stream.
Dang did things improve from 2016 to 2019 on a technical and location side.
It's also fun seeing them reacting to news with the knowledge of how it's actually going to work out.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
i haven't watched the vid yet (GDQ baby!) but i have 2 late night thoughts:

1) speculation of a specific person's enthusiasm/effort ain't worth it. almost thought i was in the giant bomb thread for a second. is brad leaving?
2) overall the year 2019 was garbage and 2020 is somehow worse under 2 weeks in. it's really hard to blame anyone for not being overwhelmingly psyched about things in general.

2019 was the literal worst year of my life and it's continuing into 2020, so I fully get it. I'm not even feeling hyped for a remake of my favorite game of all time at this point and it's out in two months.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm concerned that they still don't have ads, they said it would take them a bit but I wasn't expecting a full month

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Damn that EZ update was great stuff. I also laughed pretty hard at the moment I'm sure everyone is talking about. Honestly, I just want all 9 members of EZA to do content that they enjoy making. Hopefully the fanbase just tags along, that's when they're all at their best. Frame Trap, Friend Code and EZA podcasts all feel like sitting on on a bunch of friendly gaming conversation and it's what I enjoy about these guys. With each passing year the whole EZA affair feels like it's slowly but surely finding more it's own voice , certainly focused on the entertainment industry as a whole through the lens of nerd culture (whatever that even means in 2020 when the biggest movie on the planet is a super hero film) but ... yeah , occasionally weird and always interesting.

As for anyone thinking Kyle must be "down" right now , maybe I'm just too easily depressed myself but I find once the hustle and bustle of christmas / the holidays are all over and you finally get a minute to breath and we crawl into January that it's pretty easy to feel a bit down. The days are shorter and it might even be cold outside and a new year brings new fears , anxieties and potential failures as much as it might bring new success and fun. When you sit down and relax and get all metaphysical about it as that EZupdate does , well it's pretty easy to just see yourself and what you might do and what might happen as ultimately insignificant. Maybe that's normal ? I don't know. Almost 2 weeks removed from the start of 2020 I'm feeling a bit better and maybe Kyle and Ian are too.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, can someone get Kyle to play PMD: Explorers of Sky please? Still can't believe he is missing the best Pokémon game ever.

Also, didn't know Blood likes shoegaze. Good stuff. Easy Update with Ian and Blood talking music when?

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Can Kyle please attempt to record his streams locally so we don't have to deal with bad music every week?

Oct 25, 2017
You ready Hasney ????

Mikey Jr. said:
Like an actual conference at e3?

I'll take that. Avatar bet for a month?

They won't have a conf at e3 2020.
Sure! I'll also take a stage show during E3 time not branded as E3 (ala EA) to count, as I'm not sure which one they'll do.

Avatar to be Sony related, but yup! See you next year!