• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
The longer they wait with those major releases, the less chance that I will get them during current gen.
They will probably be cheaper when next gen releases, the bugs will be fixed and they will look better.

Granted, I was already unsure if I was going to buy them day one before the delay. Even though I am interested in Cyberpunk, I don't mind waiting and I wasn't planning on buying the other big releases on launch anyway, but still.

FF VII Remake looks good, but I still want to play the original first (which I still haven't done) and I can wait for TLOU2. I really enjoyed the story of the first one, but I thought the gameplay was meh (it's just not my kind of thing, I understand why people love it). So I wasn't planning on getting it day one.

It sucks for the people looking forward to those games though. On the other hand, it's better than releasing a buggy mess, even though I suspect Cyberpunk will be a buggy mess in the beginning anyway from what I experienced playing The Witcher 3 on launch (it was nothing compared to Bethesda though). It made me quit The Witcher 3 until they fixed a side quest that bugged out and I just never returned.

Last edited:

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Being from Europe it's pretty hard to care about Sony pulling out of E3 again. Their press conferences always started at 3 AM or later which meant I'd always wake up to a bunch of headlines and press releases anyway. I'd much rather prefer them doing their own events and State of Plays if it means broadcasting at more EU-friendly times.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Being from Europe it's pretty hard to care about Sony pulling out of E3 again. Their press conferences always started at 3 AM or later which meant I'd always wake up to a bunch of headlines and press releases anyway. I'd much rather prefer them doing their own events and State of Plays if it means broadcasting at more EU-friendly times.
Agreed

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
They should cancel the Tokyo Olympics too, because that doesn't suit my time zone. Maybe just runs some events through the year at more pro EU friendly times.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
They should cancel the Tokyo Olympics too, because that doesn't suit my time zone. Maybe just runs some events through the year at more pro EU friendly times.
This is the worst post I've read in weeks. How are you making that statement because someone said, "it doesn't really matter to me, it might even work out better for me in the long run."

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
As long as it doesn't change Betting Specials, I'm fine with it. In fact....

Kyles asinine rules + Sony getting their own event = recipe for another court episode lol

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
https://roosterteeth.com/watch/rt-extras-2020-hype

Hey, so did Easy Allies become a part of RoosterTeeth? Because they are highlighted as a part of their 2020 content line up (at 2:47)
We're in an advertising partnership with them. So they'll be handling getting sponsors for our podcasts and our content will start appearing on their services. They don't have any ownership in the company or creative control.

We made an announcement about it on our end in November https://www.patreon.com/posts/were-changing-31659081

Oct 25, 2017

Officially official. Glad they're not doing deliberations live. Not the biggest fan of that approach.

EDIT: Never mind, I take this back. They're canceling next week's group stream to do this. Definitely not a fan of that. I get that it's a schedule thing, but I don't like it.

Tweet Text:
Mark your calendars! The 2019 Easy Allies Awards are happening in 2 weeks, on Tuesday, January 28th. We'll have deliberations and the final awards available to watch during the day, then do our personal picks live on group stream.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
interesting move to cancel next week's group stream for deliberations recording...
Are they?

I thought it was going to be

-Pre-recorded GOTY deliberations in the however-many-hours leading up to the group stream, and then
-Group stream, where they discuss their personal picks for GOTY.

I'm pretty sure that's how they did it last year

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017
Are they?

I thought it was going to be

-Pre-recorded GOTY deliberations in the however-many-hours leading up to the group stream, and then
-Group stream, where they discuss their personal picks for GOTY.

I'm pretty sure that's how they did it last year
That is how we're doing things on the 28th, but unfortunately the 21st is the only day we had open to actually record the deliberations.

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
hmmm... i hadn't considered it before, but if i added an option to cast your Yes/Nos for these 2020 Predictions on ShockOrScoff, would you guys cast ballots?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I feel bad saying this cause I knew they worked a lot for this one, but honestly the majority of the prediction stream was really boring for me. I just have zero interest in hardware speculation. Game speculations are way more fun, which is the reason I enjoyed their past prediction streams more.

That said, the Huber challenge was really entertaining lol

OP
OP
fireworksordie
May 30, 2018
Predictions, Part 1
  • WIll Xbox Series X launch with 2 models?
  • Will Halo Infinite be huge?
  • Will Microsoft lock down an exclusive title from a Japanese studio?
  • Will Game Pass increase in price?

DRAW THE PS5

Predictions, Part 2
  • How many PS5 exclusive games at launch?
  • Will Horizon 2 be a launch title?
  • How many PS5 exclusives at launch?
  • Will the PS5 do anything the Xbox Series X can't do?
  • Who will have the bigger holiday 2020?
  • What will the new consoles cost?

HUBER'S DREAMS CHALLENGE: The allies pantomime their dream to Huber, Huber interprets the dream

Predictions, Part 3
  • Will Switch Pro happen in 2020?
  • Will Nintendo have a new IP this year?
  • Will there be a new Nintendo mobile game?
  • Will Jones be pleased with Animal Crossing?
  • Will Metroid Prime 4 arrive in 2020?
  • WIll we have a visually impressive Switch game this year?
  • Will Breath of the Wild 2 be nominated for The Game Awards 2020?
  • Who will be the 5th fighter revealed in Smash Thursday?
  • Will E3 be the biggest gaming event of this year?
  • What will Bloodworth's final playtime be for Cyberpunk 2077?

FEELIN' THE HEAT (In 2020, how present is this game)
  • Elden Ring?
  • God of War 2?
  • WB Montreal's new game?
  • Rocksteady's new game?
  • The leaked Harry Potter game?
  • Rockstar's next game?
  • Activisions new IP?
  • EA's new IP?
  • Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok?
  • New Dragon Age?

WILD ONES

Did I miss any?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about the insanity of Wild Ones for a second until the shushing began, lmao. Still great.

Unrelated thought: I miss intramural tournaments.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since a bunch of people have mentioned cancelling the group stream, that is no longer happening. It will likely be late due to deliberations, but some of them will be playing TemTem!

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Bit confused, are we getting a video of them deliberating goty? Honestly that's the best part, i don't even care who actually "wins" lol.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. They're recording that next week, and releasing it to us on the 28th before the Group Stream, where they'll do Personal Picks.

Nice, hoping for a meaty video then.
I really wish they recorded em back in the GT days as things now seem much more chill and amicable, from the stories told GT goty deliberations were a blood bath haha.

Oct 25, 2017
So what ya'll think takes the big one ?
RE2, probably. Which is whatever. It should go to Control or even Sekiro because they're not remakes... which doesn't invalidate RE2's greatness, but does make it feel like a less-than-inspired pick.

Personally, Outer Wilds is my GOTY but given how sour Jones and Kyle are on it, I doubt it'll stand a chance. Glad to hear last night that Ben has seen the light on it, though.
Kyle being prom king is kinda blowing my mind
Not sure why it didn't surprise me. I mean, we all know Kyle is a likable guy... and he was in plays and musicals and ran cross country, so he wasn't a basement dweller who nobody would know. And since he's from a small town, his school might've been smaller as well which makes it easier to stand out.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Kyle's whole life is a bit and with each episode of the podcast he welcomes all of us to his trick, again and again.