• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Patch Notes Poetry is an interesting concept. You probably could make that into a show if it's done right,

Pet peeve though: Call me old fashioned but I really think it adds something if people who are giving a speech or doing a performance like this would use a piece of paper for their notes instead of their cellphones.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Do you guys think Jones will watch the hentai if I tweet it to him? Are there any Batman/Harley ones?
giphy.gif

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
To my surprise I've played all of the Patron Top 10, and finished 7.

Voted my heart (Disco Elysium), but preemptive congrats to RE2 / Sekiro.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
This would be super jolly. Sam is great and I hope to see guest show up here and there more often.
I've seen him pop up in a few other YouTube channels, I've seen him in a Funhaus vid iirc.

Anything they can get him in for I'd be down to watch, but I wouldn't mind hearing him talk about Days Gone, I might be wrong but I think that's the first game where his likeness was used for his character in the game.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I've seen him pop up in a few other YouTube channels, I've seen him in a Funhaus vid iirc.

Anything they can get him in for I'd be down to watch, but I wouldn't mind hearing him talk about Days Gone, I might be wrong but I think that's the first game where his likeness was used for his character in the game.

They actually used his likeness in both The Force Unleashed games back in 2008 and 2010.

He has a pretty great filmography of nerd/genre stuff: Doomsday in Smallville, Agent Liberty in the Arrowverse's Smallville, Being Human, the voice of Darth Maul and Palpatine in most Star Wars cartoons and video games over the past decade, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Gaia
Have we heard any updates on the new sponsors? I know this sounds weird, but I just want EZA to make all the money so they can keep delivering quality content.

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
Have we heard any updates on the new sponsors? I know this sounds weird, but I just want EZA to make all the money so they can keep delivering quality content.
I have to imagine eza was expecting to have them by now. Hopefully they are not being too strained by this slow process.

Jones talked about it, in todays Cup of Jones. They are still figuring things out but should get their first sponsors soon

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly picking attendees to stream for an hour with and expecting them to perform and hoping they're not awkward or mean or shy or bigoted. He even said German efficiency would be on-hand to muscle someone off the stage if need be.

it just sounds like an absolute nightmare both on the production side and viewer side. I can't decide if I shouldn't watch it because it'll be so awkward or if I should watch it because it'll be so awkward.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing Jones talk about EZX...it is going to be an absolute shitshow

It's only one night and it certainly looks like they're toning it down this year so in the grand scheme of things it really isn't a big whoop...but in my opinion, the time that goes in to creating a production in a foreign environment just seems like a waste when that isn't their expertise the other 364 days of the year. In the past when many EZA members had to delay typical EZA coverage for show prep/organization it rubbed me the wrong way. That's not to say they aren't extremely talented singers/performers and everything else, but I'd much rather see them do these things in their well-lit, mic'd up studio. I feel bad saying that because many do travel to LA to see them and many of the community members seem like great people, but the vast majority of the EZA audience do not travel and we aren't nearly as interested in seeing randomly picked community members featured instead of the EZA members.

Basically, think they should be more "Giant Bomb" than "Kinda Funny" when it comes to community events. If they want to celebrate anniversary's, just have a mega group stream or something.

Last edited:

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Personally I think they should cut it down to 20 minutes per group for ezx with 10 minutes in between to get the next group set up. Much more manageable time to be on the stage and it allows far more people to be on stage.

I understand peoples concerns about giving random fans a mic but honestly it's probably going to be just fine. I'm sure there will be some cringe but I highly doubt anyone will say anything offensive and Jones' comment about germany efficany was meant to be taken as a joke.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It's only one night and it certainly looks like they're toning it down this year so in the grand scheme of things it really isn't a big whoop...but in my opinion, the time that goes in to creating a production in a foreign environment just seems like a waste when that isn't their expertise the other 364 days of the year. In the past when many EZA members had to delay typical EZA coverage for show prep/organization it rubbed me the wrong way. That's not to say they aren't extremely talented singers/performers and everything else, but I'd much rather see them do these things in their well-lit, mic'd up studio. I feel bad saying that because many do travel to LA to see them and many of the community members seem like great people, but the vast majority of the EZA audience do not travel and we aren't nearly as interested in seeing randomly picked community members featured instead of the EZA members.

Basically, think they should be more "Giant Bomb" than "Kinda Funny" when it comes to community events. If they want to celebrate anniversary's, just have a mega group stream or something.
I'd prefer if it wasn't a live public event, as well. A fun long variety group stream would be way better, IMO (but I'm not the best person to ask since I am not even remotely close enough to the allies to even consider some kind of meetup or live event).

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They actually used his likeness in both The Force Unleashed games back in 2008 and 2010.

He has a pretty great filmography of nerd/genre stuff: Doomsday in Smallville, Agent Liberty in the Arrowverse's Smallville, Being Human, the voice of Darth Maul and Palpatine in most Star Wars cartoons and video games over the past decade, etc.

The first time I remember seeing him was as a creepy serial killer in Dexter.