• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
After watching Friend Code before work I have been ruminating all day about who at EZA might have finished the Wonderful 101. Ben was the obvious contender so I searched for the Gametrailers review and there it was: a glorious review by Ben that highlights the love and fun that went into the game. A highly recommended watch for anyone thinking of kickstarting this game who hasn't played it before.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
It's a wildcard for sure. I know Forza Motorsport took a year off but most launch games don't tend to do great in reviews and FM5 is the worst entry of the series, iirc. Curious to see how it does.

The extra weird thing is that it's going to be on both xbox one and series X so who knows how it's going to shake out.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest thing is patreons watching both the patreon feed and the general feed... fomo is real.

Last edited:

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks Ben couldn't try out the PSO2 beta on stream earlier today. Do wonder if they'll try to stream it on Saturday

edit: Guess Ben won't be streaming on Saturday. The dream is delayed ;_;

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Kyle rapping unironically sounds like Twenty One Pilots.
I have said on here before that I usually get anxious when people who usually don't sing are "forced" to sing on a podcast or a show.
While I had it a little bit with Jones' Cats performance, the anxiety wasn't as bad because I know he used to do this kind of thing and because it was really well done).

But I totally agree that Kyle's rap was fantastic. I can't say I know that much about rap/hip-hop (it's been about 15-20 years ago since I bought the couple of rap albums that I own), but it honestly felt to me like this could be part of an album on store shelves (I know most people don't buy CD's any more, but I do).

Oct 27, 2017
Did Kyle rap on the podcast? Havent watched it yet

Edit: just heard it. It was ok but i preferred the 100th one. The sound in this one was weirdly balanced. His voice wasnt loud enough

Last edited:

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Sad cause I was watching the banjo stream earlier and he did mention someone is in the hospital but that he was hearing good news, seems like something got worse then : /

Oct 25, 2017
What worries me is if he's heading out all the way across the country (presumably), it must be a big deal. Breaks my heart. Hopefully it all turns out okay.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
If Kyle's rap were a 21 Pilots song, it would be their best song.

I hope everything works out for Kyle. Sensing thoughts his way

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Jones talking about manscaping is the best. I can't imagine why would anyone want to skip podcast halftime lmao.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Cutting out the promos from the Patreon video, but then having a conversation about the product they were just advertising is just about the most EZA thing they could do.
I was pretty lost, what were they shilling? Headphones?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Cutting out the promos from the Patreon video, but then having a conversation about the product they were just advertising is just about the most EZA thing they could do.
I was pretty lost, what were they shilling? Headphones?

It's pretty dumb. They need to have Jones do a recording of the ad and then insert it I to the video after the fact. The way it's being done now makes it seem like the patreon version is inferior because the jokes they make imediatly after the ad effectively become "inside jokes" that you have to listen to the public version of the podcast to understand.

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty dumb. They need to have Jones do a recording of the ad and then insert it I to the video after the fact. The way it's being done now makes it seem like the patreon version is inferior because the jokes they make imediatly after the ad effectively become "inside jokes" that you have to listen to the public version of the podcast to understand.

this exact thing was discussed on Cup of Jones before and Jones just gave a very Jones answer of "let's wait and see" basically.

I really dislike the way it's being done, but eh...

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
If any of the allies are reading, I'll just pitch in that I prefere ir without ads.
If I feel like it I'll watch the ad portion in the public version

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
It was really awkward in the no add version the way they were talking about something that made no sense, i had to go watch the ads and kinda sad that i did now didnt wanna hear all that also i always felt the show was fairly family friendly talking about balls def not

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
As I understand it, advertisers vastly prefer a live read as opposed to prerecorded. It makes for more interesting content as you've found out and likely keeps viewers from tuning out.

I think the reasonable solution to this ad issue is just to post the public link early so we can hear the ads.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the point in editing podcast halftime out of the patreon video. You can just skip through it. Is that really a perk people care about?

But anyways I hope they don't do something dumb like making it pre-recorded. There have been some memorable moments in PH, and it seems like that will carry on.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Has Ben been called out for being a scrub for getting the Granblue Versus US Date wrong?

Because Kyle said that would happen a few podcasts ago if Ben was wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've now listened to the podcast.

Last edited:

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
just started watching the stream of Tetem from a few days ago. LMAO at that Jones performance.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
curiosity got the best of me and i had to download a version of the regular podcast

now i have to think about my balls and 'quiet-stroke technology'

Ddalgi

Aug 7, 2019
I don't see the point in editing podcast halftime out of the patreon video. You can just skip through it. Is that really a perk people care about?

I mean Podcast Halftime requires me to take out my phone out of my pocket, turn it on, click on skip forward button a few time and hope that I don't fast forward too much and then put it back. Obviously not a difficult step but isn't more convenience always the key for everything ?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
EZA era could have the smoothest balls of any community

think of the power we would posses

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The conversation between Ian and Jess was really good, but I was kind of surprised at how much Ian tried to bounce off when Jess started to go deep in her previous experiences. He's usually more free flowing than that. Just let her speak!