• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
b3yxPgK.png

lmao at that YouTube thumbnail

Oct 25, 2017
Curious now as to what Huber and Blood were discussing about the score (from Blood's comments after the podcast on Thursday night). Wondering if Huber had it lower or higher initially.

Also, this has me suddenly really worried FFVIIR will also not be met with superb reviews. I've always been fine with the possibility of that happening, but it's becoming more real now. RE3 should've been a slam dunk.

Do we know if anyone has review copies yet? I have to imagine they do since normies are getting them.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Curious now as to what Huber and Blood were discussing about the score (from Blood's comments after the podcast on Thursday night). Wondering if Huber had it lower or higher initially.

Also, this has me suddenly really worried FFVIIR will also not be met with superb reviews. I've always been fine with the possibility of that happening, but it's becoming more real now. RE3 should've been a slam dunk.

Do we know if anyone has review copies yet? I have to imagine they do since normies are getting them.
I think I was right in thinking that Ori 2 is a safer bet than FF7 Remake for my fantasy league, even if FF7 does get stellar reviews. Developers tempt fate when remaking a beloved classic because the remake will inevitably be compared to people's rose-tinted memories of a game rather than what the game actually was.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Haven't looked at reviews or anything. But I always found RE3 the weakest numbered RE up to 6. Mostly on level design but also other aspects. Granted I don't play the game in more than a decade and the remake is supposed to shake things up a bit. Also being a weak numbered RE still meant it was a good game at the time

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a chance to delve into the actual substance of the reviews but the scores don't surprise me for RE3R.

It's a game out a year later that plays largely the same. It's not a radical improvement or a shift over RE2R and if you enjoyed that, you'd likely enjoy this. Scores seem in line with that.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't looked at reviews or anything. But I always found RE3 the weakest numbered RE up to 6. Mostly on level design but also other aspects. Granted I don't play the game in more than a decade and the remake is supposed to shake things up a bit. Also being a weak numbered RE still meant it was a good game at the time
This was always the impression I got, from someone who'd only ever dabbled in RE games until 4 (hate fixed camera/tank controls, sorry Huber). First game is a classic, two is a masterpiece and three is just a good game. I think a lot of people hoped the remake would make it better? Honestly for me, seeing how much more action-focused this game is, it feels like it's right up my alley, even with the Nemesis nonsense that initially put me off.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
8.5 seems like a good score to me? Knowing Huber's love for the series it sounds in line with what I'm expecting. 9's are reserved for classics for me.

0?

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried to be on media blackout for RE3, but the stuff that's starting to seep through since all the reviews dropped has me worried as heck.

Worst thing though, is there won't be a cozy Huber and Kyle playthrough before Kyle leaves.

And it's in my top 5 games of all time. Opinions man, they're wild.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I too always felt Resident Evil 3 is one of the weaker entries in the series. It's still a solid game but the scores it's received make absolute sense to me. This remake didn't change the inherent structure or design of this particular RE.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I (finally) finished Fast and Loose yesterday. Loved it! It brought back fond memories of Mandatory Update Nights. I though Jess was a great addition. I'm not too familiar with her but if they did want to bring in someone to replace Kyle, she'd be a good fit, IMO.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Loved that R3 impressions video. Great work. The format is solid so it works in the studio and over Zoom. Really looking forward to watching the Allies do a few playthroughs.

Oct 25, 2017