• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be more then 4 subforums? And what should they be?

• Star Wars Subforum

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Disney Subforum (Stars Wars, Marvel, Disney+, etc)

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Superhero Subforum (comics, tv, movies. Marvel and DC)

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Movies and Television Subforum

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Anime and Manga Subforum

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Politics Subforum

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • No, keep it the same.

Votes: 28 41.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
1. I know it's not just Star Wars. I'm being flippant. Don't make that comment.

We really need to talk about the way this forum is organized. It's not getting any better.

2. I want to ask the mods this question. How many Death Stranding threads were locked in November with a mod saying "this could be discussed in the OT"? 10? 20? Is there really no way to apply that rule to EtcetEra? How many Star Wars threads were created in November? 40? 50? I think in the last week there has been 20+. And I'm not counting OT threads like Mandalorian or the Star Wars Leaks. Does new news = new thread really triumph over everything? And it's not even news for a lot of these topics. Just dumb nerd arguments about what movie you like more. And I acknowledge that using "dumb nerd arguments" is not doing me any favors. I'm being flippant.

3. I know I'm getting close to making the "Does Jim Sterling need a thread for every video?" argument. I'm not trying to make that argument. And I'm also not advocating for mods to do more work. These threads can still exist but they can be quarantined in a different section of Resetera. The people that want them can see them and discuss them. And the people that don't can easily avoid them. There is a reason we don't have Gaming and Etcetera combined.

4. Yes I use the ignore thread feature. I also use the ignore person feature. It's not enough. And if I ignore everyone that makes dumb threads than this place is quickly going to turn into a Fat4all blog.

5. Seeing threads titled "629 Pakistani girls sold as brides to China" right next to "Episode 9 is the last chance for John Williams" is desensitizing as hell. That's probably not having great long term effects on my puny monkeyman brain.

6. I know the admins tried changing the way the forums were laid out before (putting hangouts with other stuff). I forget exactly what they did and am unable to find a link to the announcement and backlash threads. But that's why I propose keeping the other 3 forums the same and simply splitting EctcetEra into different subforums. Why are we still beholden to the way GAF set things up? Is there no consideration for new subforums? can we at least have this discussion?

This post might be a bit scatterbrained but I know there are fellow members that feel the same way as I do.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
From my point of view, you need to be broken up.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I do agree that the random questions/observations about the old movies should really go into the OT. And there have been a TON of those lately.

New stuff regarding the new, upcoming movie is fine as a new thread

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
MOvies/TV subforum would be good because it would also be another layer of protection for people who call everything a spoiler.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sort of thing came up for Trump shit and the mods didn't go for it.
Personally I'd be cool with etc being Star Wars free since Star Wars sucks and relegated to an overall space in the website, but I can't deny the popularity of it. There wouldn't be so many active threads in Era if members didn't want to talk about it. It's what it is. Just ignore it and pretend it's not there.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
There should be just a Star Wars OT to cordon of all discussion like there is for important stuff like sex, gender, politics

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that the forum has tried to do something like this before.

It was bad and so it was reverted.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One big pool is better. I don't want to check multiple sections. Plus I like seeing a wide variety of topics in one place.

Hell, I'd be cool with merging off topic and gaming.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I do agree that the random questions/observations about the old movies should really go into the OT. And there have been a TON of those lately.

New stuff regarding the new, upcoming movie is fine as a new thread

But it's not just Star Wars. I could make this thread about Marvel, DC, Dragonball, or any number of other things.

This was attempted last year and people went ballistic. Remember?

yes. I said so in my post. :(

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gaming Forum
Gaming Hangouts
EtcetEra Forum
Etcetera Hangouts
Hygiene

Status
Not open for further replies.