• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Warner Bros is approaching E3 with only one announced game, Netherrealm has a 2 years development cycle between their games ( Mortal Kombat 9 (2011), Injustice (2013), MK X (2015), Injustice 2 (2017) ) and next year we will probably see the return of Mortal Kombat.

Last edited:

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I mean, yeah. We've been expecting this.

I still hope they throw us for a loop and announce MK vs Horror Dudes, though.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's that time of year again

OilyShoddyGrayling-size_restricted.gif

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Please be something a bit different than just another mainline MK.
Something. Anything please

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
mortal kombat el...........
...............shaolin monjes dos

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Well, let's see.

2011: Mortal Kombat
2013: Injustice
2015: Mortal Kombat X
2017: Injustice 2

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Their games keep getting better and better: MK9 was fine but Injustice 2 is a "Legitimately Good" fighting game. I'm excited to see what they do for MKXI. Hopefully it's not a spin off game.

Ideally it's not MKXI and is a fighting game with characters from all the properties they've been taking guest characters from.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Excited even though I'm the worst player on the planet, I have been enjoying the campaign modes and playing occasionally with friends while drinking.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, standalone MK needs a break. They really need a third fighting game IP with a different system to mix in here every third year...

...or they could do MK vs. DCU II. That would be dope.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I'm ready .. mk x made me fall in love with mk again! Injustice 2 was awesome ... so give me more please!

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's that time of year, so this isn't too unexpected.

Count me in for wanting this to be a new Shaolin Monks, though.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just hope that they improve their animations more with MK11. NRS has made some progress over the years, so I hope that they continue that trend of improving where the've been lacking on the animation front for their characters in-game.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the Konquest mode... Hopefully the next game will have it.

I am getting tired of just plain old fighting.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
We know its coming. They stopped talking about IJ2 a long time ago. It always comes every 2 years because thats the buisness model they're on.

May 5, 2018
Seems likely. Netherrealm has released a new fighting game every 2 years ever since they've been purchased by Warner Bros.

As much as I like the MK series, I do wish Netherrealm's next game is something new. Maybe an all star horror fighting game. Perhaps create a Warner Bros all star fighter that would be in the vein of Smash Bros or MvC and go all out with Warner Bros's IP's and fight each other. Scorpion vs Harry Potter. Batman vs. Bugs Bunny. Gandalf vs. Scooby Doo. Heck get real weird and have Ace Ventura fight Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
It's been three years since the last MK game.

How much of a break do you think we need? :(

I honestly wish they would have kept their word and treat MKX like a platform instead of just moving onto the next game.

Mortal Kombat is my favorite fighting game series, but I wish they gave the games a chance to breath and build a community. I believe that NRS games have a short tournament shelf life not because of their quality, but because NRS just abandons their games to move onto the next. Granted, they do seem to improve dramatically with every entry, but a longer development cycle should make the improvements even more apparent.

That said, I am crazy excited about MKXI. I like the direction they took with MKX and I hope they keep a lot of the new additions and mechanics introduced. Brutalities were hype as fuck.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Seems likely. Netherrealm has released a new fighting game every 2 years ever since they've been purchased by Warner Bros.

As much as I like the MK series, I do wish Netherrealm's next game is something new. Maybe an all star horror fighting game. Perhaps create a Warner Bros all star fighter that would be in the vein of Smash Bros or MvC and go all out with Warner Bros's IP's and fight each other. Scorpion vs Harry Potter. Batman vs. Bugs Bunny. Gandalf vs. Scooby Doo. Heck get real weird and have Ace Ventura fight Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon.

The way they've got it set up is that one game simply cannabalizes the other instead of having them coexist in the market as living titles. They have 2 highly successful FG ip. Capcom doesn't even have that anymore since marvel fell off and even then, Capcom would have continued support for both SFIV and Marvel had it not been for whatever that was in that contract with Marvel. They could EASILY do another FG based on horror movie characters slugging it out, but it would seriously pretty much mean you'd wait even longer for another Injustice or another MK.