• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
Why should i care some contratian website for fucks sake? Sea of thieves is 4/10 at best and thats literally for tech only.

Gow at 8 is not something i rage but if you are giving sot 7 gow atleasy requires 9

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I never said it's ok, I think it's silly to say they favor one company over another, on the other hand you also don't have to go after anyone who says so, mods can handle the posts fine if they think they are wrong.
I'm quoting their posts and responding to them because I think they're embarrassing. I certainly don't think they're moderation worthy.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you need to get a grip. 8/10 means it's a good game.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Why should i care some contratian website for fucks sake? Sea of thieves is 4/10 at best and thats literally for tech only.

Gow at 8 is not something i rage but if you are giving sot 7 gow atleasy requires 9
So if SoT was a 9, does that mean GoW is automatically a 11? Or that if GoW was a 7, SoT was a 6?
Oof. I'm getting 7/10 BOTW flashbacks.
Nothing will ever top UC3's 8/10 or Zelda's 8.8 I guess.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely a conspiracy to rate the game 1 point less than everyone else. I bet they didn't like it quite as much as other people or something. Madness.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Are people assuming that only 1 person is reviewing for this publication? The peraon who rated GOW4 is most likey not the same person that rated SOT. Why are you even comparing their scores then?

Deleted member 21693

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing people care about what this will do to GoW's MC score... has Jim Sterling reviewed it yet? Are you ready for a 6 or something?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
3 seems quite high for Scribblenauts showdown. I'll need to read that review.

No both same magazine publish them so i expect some continuity about them. Not like they put all reviews randomly and be done with it.
I'd rather have reviews accurate to a reviewer's opinion than "I dunno, you liked it but we gave this other game this score..."

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
don't know about present edge..but i read the issue where they reviewed halo 3 a long time ago and the review was pretty trash..a lot of hyperbole without actually giving any particular info about the game..it was "the only problem of gears of war 2 is that it's almost too good" level of review.

but we are talking about a lot of time ago,hopefully it has improved.
If that's the only issue you read in decades of quality journalism, I don't know what to say to that. It basically means and says nothing.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
unbelievable, people being concerned that a review (an 8, a very high score) might drop the metascore of a game. a few years ago i was starting to think review scores are becoming less and less relevant but it's becoming worse and worse.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
7 is a good game. 8 is a great game. Nothing to see here.

I like that Edge is getting a little more critical with their reviews though, outlets throwing 9s and 10s to every single passable game out there are annoying and pretty pointless.

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I always like a laugh. You say you dont care then go on to declare what scores they need to give.

People need to be less pathetic when it comes to their favourite things.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the over/under on the percentage of people complaining about SOT's score being too high who have actually played it?

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of funny when people go on about the SoT score being in line with MC - and therefore making it right - yet don't apply the same logic to the GoW score (or FC5 and Minit, for that matter).

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think every publication with multiple reviewers should have all of them play the same game and then write one review that contains each of their individual impressions with average score. It will take a lot more time, but current system is kinda broken, for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.