• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any bonus will be "95 or higher" lol. Like, "80 or higher" or even "90 or higher" I can see, I don't see "95 or higher".
That said, Sony doesn't strike me as the kind of publisher who would have that kind of environment anyway.
I think EA had some insane expectations for a game... I don't remember what game, but it was something like 92/93. lol

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I was an Edge reader for over 10yrs starting with their first edition with Ridge Racer on the cover. But they've always been pretentious and notorious for giving free hits to their mates in the UK dev industry.

But that was a decade back. These days the publication is hanging on by a thread.
Just going to quote a post someone else made in the thread about this stupid claim.

They gave Homefront Revolution a 3, and Dambuster is a British studio
They gave Hellblade a 4, and Ninja Theory is a British studio
They gave Yooka-Laylee a 6, and Playtonic is a British studio
They gave No Man's Sky a 6, and Hello Games is a British studio
They gave Snake Pass a 7, and Sumo Digital is a British studio
They gave Sea of Thieves a 7, and Rare is a British studio

we just talkin out our asses now?

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
Did you see the sudden burst of happiness when it was at 93 and suddenly changed to 94?

It is literally a grade of 5 years of work. Even in a random test in school back in the day 1 point was a big deal. As a fan of his who has been following SSM and this franchise for years on end I feel those guys and want them to do the best.

95 is great. 94 is amazing too.

But 95 is better and preferred.
People shouldn't give a fuck about something so meaningless. it's a .1 difference. grow up dudes.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
See? This is a standard reaction when you see them in a column like that. There has to be a standard, even if the reviewers are different. Fine, GoW is 8/10, that's great for a generally tough-as-nails EDGE... but how does that work with SoT? One of the reviewers said fuck-all, I like this despite everybody else telling me, rationally, how empty it is right now? Cool beans but man you just messed up the whole concept of a tough-as-nails gaming magazine. Not only that, two of your buddies gave sixes to FC5 and A Way Out...

It's totally understandable to see reactions like these across the board, especially when every EDGE OT puts them in a column like that.

Yes that reviewer liked the game and gave it a 7 despite it having a Metacritic score of 69! Man he sure was bucking the trend there!

Reviews are supposed to be someone's own personal opinions. If they write a review based on what other people's opinions are, then it is their opinion. It's someone elses.

And just reminder that you are doing all this whining while having a Kratos beard in your avatar. Your opinion on God of War is not exactly impartial.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
An 8 is a great score. But Sea of thieves rated higher than Far Cry 5 and A Way Out? Lol.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man I better not see any of you who are crying over this score complain about other fandom being annoying or too salty ever again

Status
Not open for further replies.