• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're probably joking but there are people who will justify refusing to buy a game with "It got < 90 on MC."

I remember a time when I played demo discs of games for hours upon hours, then saved up an allowance or asked politely for my favourite demo to be purchased for me and then I enjoyed the game.

I also remember not too long ago when I played Nier and it was one of my favourite games of that year sitting the MC of 60's. Same goes for ELEX.

Imagine sucking so much fun out of your own hobby that you can't enjoy a game unless of an arbitrary number or a massive amount of people online all agreeing with you.

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
User Warned: Low effort and dismissive post.
EDGE reviews are a Joke, they do in on purpose to get publicity .The score for GOD of War IV and Farcry 5 is a disgrace

Oct 25, 2017
Would be dope if these people telling us to go read the reviews could go ahead and summarize them and get them into the first post alongside the scores.

Literally nothing to discuss in here but scores.
It's the dumbest argument I've seen in some time, seriously. How about read the fucking thread title and OP? Cause I'm working off what that shit

Oct 25, 2017
People feel threatened whenever anything goes against how they feel, even when it's something positive like a game getting an 8/10. It's insane.

Like, good lord it's straight up a video game, hahahahaha. So fucking dumb.

If I had issues like these I'd be out there raging over Bayonetta not getting straight tens from every single outlet ever. Or I could uh... realize that reviews are not objectively quantified tallies of facts? Lmao send help.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope none of the people giving shade to EDGE over this score are among the people who always brings up Jim Sterling's 8/10 BotW score to make various points.

Very interesting scores this month, Sea of Thieves was higher than I expected.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
true, but if a reviewer give a game a 1 or a 2 out of 10 just as an example, you expect something from that score. At some point the logic of subjectivity becomes unsaleable
When i read the comments about SOT i think about a 5/10. Great potential but a lof of issues instead it's a 7/10 which is a pretty high score especially looking af FC 5.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Just had a look at the previous EDGE Far Cry scores (main games only):

Far Cry - 8/10
Far Cry 2 - 8/10
Far Cry 3 - 8/10
Far Cry 4 - 9/10
Far Cry 5 - 8/10

I have not read the Far Cry 5 review and cannot remember what they wrote about the previous games, but I have played them all and they are pretty consistent.

Sea Of Thieves from what I have seen looks great but there is not enough content currently.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't put ideas like that out there, it will become the new Famitsu Nintendogs comparison.

Oh good lord, I hope not. The Nintendogs shit always bothered me. For a game of its type, I have zero problem with a publication giving a game like Nintendogs a perfect score.

Like, people need to stop comparing different game scores with each other. It's fucking nonsense.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I like that EDGE treat 5 as an "average" score instead of "abysmal". 8 is a great score, fanboys are hilarious.

the issue is that its out of step with the rest of the industry that unfortunately DOESNT use the full scale for rating games, in most cases everything below a 7 these days is shit according to most 'journalistic sources'

only Joe and now edge i've known to use the whole scale in terms of reviews

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
More shocked at Sea of Thieves getting a 7. In it's current state it really doesn't yet deserve that score, being as incredibly barebones as it is.

I have no issues with the score they gave God of War. It's not going to click with everyone. A different reviewer would perhaps given it a 9 or 10.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope none of the people giving shade to EDGE over this score are among the people who always brings up Jim Sterling's 8/10 BotW score to make various points.

Very interesting scores this month, Sea of Thieves was higher than I expected.
They are, and they'll unironically turn around to complain about Zelda fans in the future. Console wars are serious business

Now I am interested to see if this causes the Meta to drop below 95, I don't want to go Makoto-less for a week D:

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
CAN YALL BELIEVE THAT THEY ALSO GAVE LAWBREAKERS A 8???? CLIFFY B GETTING THE SAME SCORE AS CODY BALROG???? DEFINITELY CLICKBAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this just gives me more and more reasons to never read any publications that still uses review scores in 2018. It's foolish that people gets all bothered about an EIGHT out of TEN.

Deleted member 25108

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From the OT

Reallly don't get the crying over reviews especially now the game has released. Anyone who would of been swayed by reviews already has and anyone who might check the game out in the future is not going to be deterred by a point drop in metascore.

Honestly the only thing the games metacritic score serves at this point is fanboy list wars and masturbatory back slapping over a product you had no hand in making. Let it go.

I will also say that personally I agree with the Score. I haven't finished the game by any means, but I feel that this game is be given a ratings boosts because people feel they can more relate to Kratos. While this is fine when reviewing the game purely on it's story, as game that doesn't paper over it's flaws. There has definitely something that has been lost in the transition and I agree that not everyone will consider the trade off acceptable.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
the issue is that its out of step with the rest of the industry that unfortunately DOESNT use the full scale for rating games, in most cases everything below a 7 these days is shit according to most 'journalistic sources'

only Joe and now edge i've known to use the whole scale in terms of reviews
Then they need to keep doing it. Just because everyone else has an awful grasp on a number scale doesn't mean EDGE needs to adopt it. Christ, 8/10 is 4 stars out of 5. The fact people see that as a negative is hilarious.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
How many people whinging about Sea of thieves getting a 7 have actually played it?
Do you count the game pass numbers or not? Microsoft is lying to you about the numbers! (edit just in case: jk)

SoT is a great game that suffers the same problem that Elite Dangerous did at first, massive lack of content, and no reason to come back to it. Will likely never get reviewed again too.

Son

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
After I beat GOW and watched Infinity War, I got moneys and free times. How may I contribute to the destruction of this Edge thing? Or should I just ignore it like dog's turd on the sidewalk?

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
MzYaWAV.jpg

God of War – 8
Sea of Thieves – 7
Far Cry 5 – 6
A Way Out – 6
Extinction – 3
Scribblenauts Showdown – 3
Minit – 6
Detective Pikachu – 6
This is like the perfect score range ever, the true scale used.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Sea of Thieves is an awesome game. People calling a 7 for the game overrated?? Not everyone likes the same things... it's gonna be OK. lol

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After I beat GOW and watched Infinity War, I got moneys and free times. How may I contribute to the destruction of this Edge thing? Or should I just ignore it like dog's turd on the sidewalk?
DDOS them by buying all their issues so no one else is exposed to their opinions. Buy every last copy. That'll show them.

Status
Not open for further replies.