• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Qa7oVTi.png

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
4 hours in and an 8 feels about right for God of War.

Incoming 10 pages of people trying to completely discredit EDGE.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The fact they scored Sea of Thieves higher than FC5 and A Way Out is absurd to me, those are both games that have a hell of a lot more gameplay to them than Sea of Thieves.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Wow seriously that is a terrible score for a big exclusive.

What are they playing at? Just lying for attention no doubt...such a big game and they give it a shit score..

Detective Pikachu deserves better than this!

David

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neo Yokio
Why would I get hurt from a number that changes nothing? Never cared about scores they mean nothing when you actually PLAY a game and love it

Then why the obnoxious reaction about a score in a review thread if you don't care for the scores?

If you felt uncomfortable is ok to say it.

8 is still a good game mind you.

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
God of War – 8
Sea of Thieves – 7
Far Cry 5 – 6
A Way Out – 6
I'm not even mad about god of war , in fact i don't care ...

BUt a Way out getting a 6 ? Really ? too low.
Sea of thieves getting a 7 with such lack of content ?
Far cry 5 getting a 6 ?

Were those scores made with a Dice + 4 ? That's the only thing that make sense.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While you're tearing yourself apart due to your obsession about metacritic scores, I'd like to point out that while Minit is certainly not more worthy than a 6/10 (the concept quickly fades off, it's getting repetitive), it's still a game that you really should experience at least once.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, that's excellent. Anything lower would've been rather annoying though.

Personally was expecting a 9.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
8 seems a decent score for gow but 6 for far cry is rather harsh. Sot getting a 7 in comparison is laughable considering the paltry amount of content it has.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact they scored Sea of Thieves higher than FC5 and A Way Out is absurd to me, those are both games that have a hell of a lot more gameplay to them than Sea of Thieves.
I guess in a vacuum those scores are easy for us to poke at online but nobody reacting here has read the reviews sooooooooooo

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they knew about the Dark Souls Switch delay before printing the magazine, and if they mention it.

Enazrat

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Agree with their score for GOW.
Game is good but nothing stellar and takes a lot of control away from the player which one might like or not like.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
they use the whole scale like joe i'm guessing. still though...sea of theives is a 7 even in that case? Far cry 5 and A way out are 6's?? I dunno
Yeah, they use the whole scale. I just think it's also best to read the actual review, which I suppose is beyond the purview of this thread since it's about the actual scores. I mean, 5 is basically average and there's nothing terrible or trashy about being an everage game, it depends on expectations of a series. 6 is above average so that's better.

In addition, I assume all these reviews aren't from the same reviewer? Not sure how Edge works in that sense. That might explain the high score of Sea of Thieves, but it really would help if there were some excerpts of the reviews to read.

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't personally see how SoT gets a 7 when you take their scoring system into account and what the other games got.

It's so bizarre.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Wow seriously that is a terrible score for a big exclusive.

What are they playing at? Just lying for attention no doubt...such a big game and they give it a shit score..

Detective Pikachu deserves better than this!

If you're not being sarcastic then you need to grow up. Why the hell would they lie for attention and since when is 8 on a 10 point scale that is properly used a 'terrible score'. Just because a game is 'big' doesn't mean it's good. Why games should be any different from films when it comes to reviews is beyond me.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Member has been warned: attempt to discredit print outlet by accusing them of "clickbait" for giving a game a great review.
Clickbait reviews suck

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're not being sarcastic then you need to grow up. Why the hell would they lie for attention and since when is 8 on a 10 point scale that is properly used a 'terrible score'. Just because a game is 'big' doesn't mean it's good. Why games should be any different from films when it comes to reviews is beyond me.
Their entire post was sarcastic. They were talking about Detective Pikachu via deflection

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Read the spoiler in their post.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scribblenauts is the real tragedy here, albeit not Edge's fault. How in the world haven't they done a mode where one player makes something and the others have to guess what they wrote for it ala Pictionary? It'd be so great guessing whether a friend wrote "giant evil blue barbarian","huge mean teal warlord", or "mega diabolical aquamarine warrior", etc. This party game bs is such a disappointment

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even mad about god of war , in fact i don't care ...

BUt a Way out getting a 6 ? Really ? too low.
Sea of thieves getting a 7 with such lack of content ?
Far cry 5 getting a 6 ?

Were those scores made with a Dice + 4 ? That's the only thing that make sense.
A Way Out's writing is pathetically bad and it has basically every trope you can imagine in a game like this. It's mediocre through and through.

Also, the acting is bad.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
EDGE will always be harsher with their scores than the norm. saying that, an 8 is still a great score.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at giving Sea of Thieves a higher score than Far Cry.

They must have access to a time machine and they're playing a version of it four years from now that actually has content.

Status
Not open for further replies.