• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
6 for Wargroove is interesting. From what I've played, I lean towards a 7 so far.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
That score of a 6 is more than fair, the game feels like a ps2/ps3 game with a nice coat of paint. That score reflects my playtime with it as well. I'm somehow still in the "Frozen" world, that world is so bad and tedious it might actually bring the whole game down to a 5/10 for me.

While I personally would give it a 7 or 8 I'm more inclined to agree with a 6 than 9 or 10 if that makes sense. I really feel like the 9s and 10s that the game got are really too high.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
KH score is a little low, its at least a 7. RE on the other hand is a little high thought the game was great but the second scenarios being the way they were killed it for me.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
An 8 or more from Edge means the game is fantastic and will range from 8-10 for most based on people's personal preferences, great scores for RE2 and Apex Legends, expected score for KH3.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've beaten KH3, and without knowing anything else about that review, a 6 is a fair overall assessment. It's a mess of a game. Beautiful, but ultimately still a mess.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Don't agree with the KH3 score but I understand why they gave it that. It's personally an 8, maybe even a 9, but that's just because I love the franchise with a burning passion and I loved the new worlds, Keyblades, and the presentation of the whole thing. Still though, 6 isn't even like a bad score on EDGE's scale. Just means the game is good but has flaws which KH3 does.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Someone finally rated KH3 the score it deserves. Kudos, Edge.

(and I say this as a big KH fan)

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the KH3 score....I'm a bit more than halfway in but except the Toy Story segment, I didn't get much enjoyment out of it.

RE2 though, oof, that's was pretty fucking excellent.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Shenmue is the cover story? :)

9qtXv9xl.jpg

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
8 (which is a good score, don't misunderstand me) for GOAT horror game while Battle Royale of the Week gets a 9, lol.

Come on now.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Wonder if they'll review Crackdown 3. I'm really having a blast with it but it'll probably be lower than a 5.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Remove two of the many good parts of Titanfall 2, wall running and Titans, leave us with that games' terrible guns and a questionable TTK. Pit you with randoms who you can't mute or deviate from till the game starts when you just want to play solo like that other battle royale game. Which allows you to choose that option out of the game. Add in terrible characters and you have Fall, coincidently the same way you enter the match. But they called it Apex Legends.
I can see how this game appeals to battle royale fans but I didn't have much fun with this one.
The gameplay mechanics are good but a 9 is not what I got from that.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree, Kingdom Hearts 3 is much better than the old ones, the worlds feel like actual worlds and not a set of fancy rooms, (there is actually NPCs living in there) The game is also much better paced and straight into the action, without a prologned intro like 2. The overall amount of inventiveness and variation make KH 3 a fantastic game and the most charming game since Super Mario Odyssey.

Resident Evil 2 remake is a bit shit, a total slog with enemies that take far too long to take down, an over persistent stalker that isn't scary and annoyingly obstructs puzzles, and they ruined the antiquity of the police station by making everything very dark.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
8 (which is a good score, don't misunderstand me) for GOAT horror game while Battle Royale of the Week gets a 9, lol.

Come on now.
Apex plays like butter, smoothest first person gameplay with enough innovation inserted into the tired battle royal genre. Besides those games are completely different and they deserve to be judged by different merits. Apex deserves a 9.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Of course, Edge score by how much they like the developer. I'd have just looked at what Titanfall 2 got.

So you're saying the game has nothing to do with it and that they're basically biased i. e tainted journalism.

Do you realise how silly that sounds? Maybe they just like great games and certain devs make more great games than others?

How do you explain the wide variety of scores given to Platinum Games titles?

Soya

Oct 28, 2017
lol, I read Apex as Anthem and for like 5 minutes was super confused by the score and lack of outcry.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
EDGE keeps winning, great scores once again.
Really want to subscribe but it's too expensive for my poor ass.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Slay the Spire is GOTY so far. It's ridiculous how good the game is. If that had a bit more content, it would easily stay GOTY this year. Hope they patch more stuff in. Everybody should play it.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Nice sounding issue! I'm a subscriber and get the physical and digital versions and still have t seen this. Come on EDGE!!!

Re: KH3 - glad I resisted buying it. Sounds like a $30 purchase if they add a higher difficulty and offer an locked smooth performing mode on either console

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
People actually agreeing with a lower-than-average Edge review score for a big game? Is it opposite day?

Plainsong

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Can't disagree with any of that. I enjoyed RE2 but I am loving Apex Legends. Respawn nailed it. The most fun I've had in an online FPS in a very long time.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
KH score is a little low, its at least a 7. RE on the other hand is a little high thought the game was great but the second scenarios being the way they were killed it for me.
A 6 is like a 7 on other sites :P
KH3 is a flawed, but pretty cool game: some great bosses, simple but flashy gameplay, you can get some challenge if you pick proud mode and limit yourself a bit, good looking artstyle etc.
You can't be a kid (at heart) and at least not like the game

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
A 6 sounds a bit low for KH3, a 7 sounds a bit more fair imo. I can however agree that anything above an 8 might be pushing it. It has it's fair share of flaws, but still manages to be a fun game.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EDGE has quite a bit of weight on Metacritic, no? I wonder if their KH3 review score is enough to knock the game's 84MC score down a another point.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
While I personally would give it a 7 or 8 I'm more inclined to agree with a 6 than 9 or 10 if that makes sense. I really feel like the 9s and 10s that the game got are really too high.

I completely agree with you, the highest score I can see this getting is a 7, I dont understand how sites like IGN gave the game anything higher than that, but we're each allowed to enjoy games in different ways.