• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Anthem - 4
DMC5 - 9
Crackdown 3 - 5
The Occupation - 6
Trials Rising - 8
Far Cry New Dawn - 6
Dead or Alive 6 - 5
Hypnospace Outlaw - 8
Devotion - 9

Time Extend - Dragon Quest 9
Making of Frozen Synapse 2

Main article is on ThatGameCompany

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Crackdown reviewing higher than Anthem is interesting to me, but I've not played either, but still interesting.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I have to assume Crackdown was less bugged than Anthem, even if that's a pretty low bar...

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Uh, interested in their reasoning for the DOA6 score. Is it due to the lobbies missing or because it's not enough of an evolution over 5?
(would make no sense if it's due to the DLC but I'm kinda expecting it at this point)

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
5 for DOA6 is crazy. The game has some issues but the fighting is solid.

OP
OP
Zem

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Uh, interested in their reasoning for the DOA6 score. Is it due to the lobbies missing or because it's not enough of an evolution over 5?
(would make no sense if it's due to the DLC but I'm kinda expecting it at this point)

"there is magic to be found in the DOA combat"

They didn't like the story mode and the fan service. I've never played a DOA game but the score seems lower than what you'd expect from the text.

OP
OP
Zem

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Reading the review I think DMC5 would have got a 10 if there was just a little more environment variety, that was their only complaint and they were gushing over everything else.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

They didn't like the story mode and the fan service. I've never played a DOA game but the score seems lower than what you'd expect from the text.
Wow.
Thanks for the details. The story mode is indeed pretty bad, but that sounds weird they'd dock so many points in a fighting game for that.
I guess fanservice is the reason they didn't even review SoulCalibur 6, as it's worse. Looks they were just looking for reasons to lower the score :/

edit: ah they gave Tekken 7 a 6. Maybe they don't like 3D fighters at all lol.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Anthem getting a 4 and DMC getting a 9 describes my experience with both games pretty well.

OP
OP
Zem

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Anthem is an unmitigated disaster, a game so beset with problems that it's unfathomable it was deemed ready for release in this state. After battling through the final level, we clip through the floor as the boss begins its last stand. We miss the final cutscene, the game instead showing us a loading screen and the legend "please wait, cinematic in progress". We load into the results screen and the game crashes. We have, notionally, finished Anthem.

Just a very small part from the review but lol

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Goddamn, that DMC5 score (from EDGE of all places). I'm honestly impressed.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

seems kind of pointless to detract points in a doa game for the fanservice