• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Sekiro - 9
Division 2 - 8
Yoshi Crafted World - 8
Generation Zero - 5
Walking Dead Final Season - 7
Dangerous Driving - 6
Heaven's Vault - 8
Baba is You - 9
Jupiter and Mars - 6

Time Extend - Orcs Must Die
Making of - Steamworld Heist

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
From the games I played, it is 100% deserved for Baba and Yoshi.

Really strong batch of games in a lot of genres ! That's awesome :)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be interested to know what the reviewer's extended thoughts were on TWD, as I thought it concluded very, very well.

Also well deserved for Baba is You. Game is very clever.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Surprised they gave Division 2 an 8. I think it's pretty great but thought it wasnt really their thing.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow! amazing score for yoshi, i'm having a great time with it but i expected a 6 or 7 from yoshi. good to see good-feel getting such a great reception for this game.
fantastic score for baba is you, i've only played a few hours but it's absolutely genius in its puzzle design, will have to go back to it later.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Great score for Sekiro. Personally rank it on the same leve as Bloodborne, maybe even a bit higher because the combat is so damn incredible

OP
OP
Zem

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The cover story is about Control and there's a Tim Sweeney interview in there, mostly about Fortnite and Unreal Engine and a tiny bit about EGS (the same numbers they were throwing around for Metro Exodus and the free games basically).

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I'm honestly surprised by the Yoshi score - I'm really enjoying the game but I didn't think it'd be Edge's cup of tea.

Glad to see Baba is You scoring well too.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
What on Earth is this Baba game?? I need to look into this.

Great scores for Sekiro, Division 2, and Yoshi!

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
No, nothing on Sony (what's the deal there, I must have missed that?) nor on EGS.

The game itself is sounding very good though, and this is probably already known but I haven't kept up, it sounds a bit more metroidvania and less linear.

Some content and editions of the game are exclusive to PS4, and DLC episodes will be delayed on other platforms for an undisclosed period. It was discussed in more detail here.

I'm glad to see that the game is coming along nicely, and I hope that Remedy know what they're doing, but because of that bullshit I'm not getting Control until all the DLC is out, and the game is deeply discounted.

The response will be they need money, the same applies to the Epic Store deal.

Sure, but those questions need to be asked regardless. Journalists sometimes make a big stink about exclusivity deals, and sometimes they let it all slide. In the end that kind of behaviour is not good for anyone.

Oct 29, 2017
Surprised that they gave Yoshi's Crafted World a decent score. They normally love to dunk on Nintendo's 2D platformers!

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Huh, did not expect that The Division 2 score. Not that it's a bad game but Edge is usually harder on sequels to AAA shooters are they not?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Huh, did not expect that The Division 2 score. Not that it's a bad game but Edge is usually harder on sequels to AAA shooters are they not?
It's a proper sequel in the way it takes everything (well not PvP lol)and improves it while adding new elements. First time one of these games haven't launched in a technical mess or lacking content too.

I'd guess the above is their rationale more or less.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It seems they felt generous when writing this number. Every score is close to average or above it, which is unusual for EDGE.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Nice generous month from edge!

Baba is you looks great, forgot about that one... Yoshi is the pick up of the month for me, though.

But what I'm really interested from that OP is the making of of Steamworld Heist! That game was awesome!!!

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
I started the Division 2(level 9, second area)and it is really really good. Can't wait for the first raid DLC. Glad it got a good score here.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Nice score for Sekiro!!!
Didn't know there was a game called Baba is you lol, will watch some gameplay.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
About one point higher for both Sekiro and Yoshi than I would go, but cool. I really need to get around to Baba.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017

Well they gave Destiny 2 vanilla and 8 and Forsaken a 9 as reference points.

Sekiro score is on the money, haven't played anything else. Curious about their Yoshi score because I think they usually hit those with 6's.

Deleted member 39144

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Baba is You is probably my high point of the year so far. And I've put about 20 hours into Sekiro. It's ingenious.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
As always, an '8' from EDGE is a glowing recommendation with a '9' being a stand-out game for the generation. Baba and Sekiro earned those 9's and Yoshi deserved that 8. Awesome games.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Just lots of good games so far this year.
This year, and any other, but that's independent of my point. It's infrequent to see an EDGE magazine without a single, negative outlier. Anyone can check that out through Metacritic and OC: their scores are almost a whole point below the average. That was also true for every previous number, in 2019. Yet this month, even panned games like Generation Zero have been reviewed in line with the aggregated score.

I'm stating a curious fact, not a conspiracy or anything suspicious. ;) They're free to like or dislike anything, as much as they want.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what did they give wooly world? the more of crafted the more I feel it's better looking but worse in every other aspect.