• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shawn6661

Oct 27, 2017
edge335tzksg.jpg

Reviews:

Super Mario Maker 2 - 8
My Friend Pedro - 7
Cadence Of Hyrule - 8
The Sinking City - 5
Sea Of Solitude - 5
Samurai Shodown - 8
198X - 5
Muse Dash - 5

Features :

Hype @E3
Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order
The Making Of... : Baba Is You
Studio Profile : Beamdog
Time Extend : Paper Please
The Long Game : Destiny 2

Thanks to rllmuk for the scores.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they gave Sinking City a 5. By EDGE's standards it should have been a 2 or 3.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Hope the subscriber cover looks better.

5 is pretty generous for The Sinking City but I think it's because (similar to how Jim Sterling described it) they at least actually tried and you feel some passion behind it.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
The most exciting bits in this one are probably The Making of being Baba Is You and Time Extend looking back on Papers, Please.

Mar 29, 2018
I'm surprised they gave Sinking City a 5. By EDGE's standards it should have been a 2 or 3.
I think the actual heart of story and detective work, the pure narrative design, is actually great. It probably got a couple of points up for that alone. The core loop of solving mysteries and "researching" works really great and can be pretty fun.

It's just... Yeah everything else around that core loop which is basically bad.

Disappointed about 198X's score. I was looking forward to that game :(
A 5 from Edge means "OK" or "average". It doesn't mean bad. It's probably relatively a 7 from somewhere like IGN.

Rationale

Alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
You could remove the title text of that cover art and write "Quantum Break" and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck is 198X??

Haven't followed Sinking City, but a 5 doesn't sound like it's one I should.

Great score for Samurai Shodown! Looked great from everything I've seen!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible they have seen something of Elden Ring or just a speculation hype article like Breath 2?

Some subscriber spill the beans c'mon.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Cool to see they liked Samurai Shodown, I'm terrible at fighting games but I love it.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I was going by the initial-initial gameplay reveal reaction, but fair enough.

Yea. Initial reveal didn't impress many but the ones who played it enjoyed it a good deal. It was nominated for Game of Show and Action Adventure Game at E3 so safe to say its one of those games thats more fun playing than watching.

Mar 29, 2018
I was going by the initial-initial gameplay reveal reaction, but fair enough.
If you do an iota of research you'll find out that Respawn have really regretted going with that slice for the demo, because everyone who actually saw the game in action said it looked like an awesome GoW/metroidvania style RPG adventure thing, while the reveal painted it as a mediocre on rails action game.

Literally every written article or podcast about it, from people who've actually played/seen it, beams about the game.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
If you do an iota of research you'll find out that Respawn have really regretted going with that slice for the demo, because everyone who actually saw the game in action said it looked like an awesome GoW/metroidvania style RPG adventure thing, while the reveal painted it as a mediocre on rails action game.

Literally every written article or podcast about it, from people who've actually played/seen it, beams about the game.

Sounds good.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
8 rhymes with great.

SamSho is awesome mechanically, online is cheeks though.