• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
5UoL510.jpg

New issue of Edge and they've complied an unordered list of their games of the Generation - only games released from November 2013 onwards are counted (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch, mobile and VR included in considerations when it came to platforms)

Bloodborne
Inside
Outer Wilds
Overwatch
Red Dead Redemption 2
Return of the Obra Dinn
Super Mario Odyssey
The Last Guardian
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Titanfall 2
Undertale
What Remains of Edith Finch

(Fun fact, Edge also asked a few developers what their game of the generation was and Yoko Taro picked Ico...)

Reviews
Star Wars: Squadrons - 7
Noita - 8
Amnesia: Rebirth - 7
Ghostrunner - 5
Carto - 8
Disc Room - 8
Holovista - 8
Going Under - 7
The Solitaire Conspiracy - 5

The Making Of... - Hades
Studio profile - Motion Twin
Time Extend - Death Stranding
The Long Game - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
No GOW, feelsbadman at least Bloodborne and Odyssey are there.

Edit: Oh and RDR2, 3 of my GOATs nice. As for the rest of those I played I only really liked Edith Finch but it wasn't GOTG for me, still amazing

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Interested to read their thoughts on Ghostrunner. I can't imagine how that is a 5, it's an excellent game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Nice to see very strong indie representation in their GotG list. Don't think I've seen many lists so far with more than one or two included.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
That's a great list! (Insert avatar quote.)

EDGE always has great taste, as much as I don't generally agree with their extreme love of Platinum Games.

Deleted member 20471

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a good list and I'm really happy that they included The last Guardian, it's an incredible game. That being said, I would have added Prey and Yakuza 0 :D And I also think that What Remains of Edith Finch is a little bit overrated, the way it uses the medium to tell its story is genius, but the story/writing itself is weak.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Surprised The Witcher 3 isn't on that list. RDR2 is my GOTG
From what I've seen over the years in their GotY lists, Edge don't tend to include games that they've scored less than a 9 (The Witcher 3 received an 8) so it makes sense why it doesn't appear when looking through that lens

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Replace RDR2 with The Witcher III and Mario Odyssey with Fortnite (I mean, you have to live in a bubble to not put in it).

Deleted member 20852

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good list of good video games.

Inside is an interesting pick, I wouldn't have expected to see it on a list like this. Excited to see what they had to say about it.

Also: I need to play Titanfall 2 some day. I've been saying this for ages and I know it's supposed to be great, but I just never do.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Delighted to see The Last Guardian getting recognition. One of the true classics from this gen in my book. Only Bloodborne beats it for GOTG for me. Happy it's being included in the PS+ collection so more will get the chance to play it.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
With the mention of VR, I was hoping for some Half Life: Alyx love on that Generation list.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Replace RDR2 with The Witcher III and Mario Odyssey with Fortnite (I mean, you have to live in a bubble to not put in it).
RDR2 will be on every list, it's critically regarded as a masterpiece.

Hard no on Fortnite. It's a popular game but not a great one, list represents brilliance.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
The Last Guardian is my GotG too. Alongside Rainbow Six.